It appears a good majority of Green Day fans are now girls

Axel

I think once the music starts at the intimate gigs, it's fine. The show hadn't even started at Gilman, yet. It was actually kinda quiet at the time.

Haha, oh, February 2010 seems so long ago...

Yeah I agree. Screaming when it's quiet is a bit funny and weird. Heehee.

Offtopic/ I was suppose to be at that show but the drive from here in LA to up north is pretty long and I wasn't gonna make it on time. :(

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think that there is a higher percentage of teenagers that like Green Day nowadays and not just girls.

21st CB brought in a lot more teenage fans than any other album have Green Day released. A few of those teenage fans maybe like the odd song and don't know Green Day to a fuller extent and when asked if they like Green Day they only know the singles and the ones which have been chart hits. At least there are some new fans who go back into Green Day's music and research them and get really into them (like myself) and appreciate what their music means and what messages the band is getting across.

So as long as they are really getting into Green Day's music, actually being a 'proper' fan and not just a poser who wants to fit in, it's all cool :)

Pretty sure Green Day started out with teenage fans..those ones have just grown up now, Green Day just attracts fans from so many decades because they have stayed relevant for so many decades. So in my opinion there are just as many teenagers as there have ever been, there are a few more smallish kids now cuz the fans who used to be teenagers popped out a couple kids and are now bringing them to the shows so in 10-12 years they will be the teenagers at Green Day's shows that people will be hounding...that is if Green Day sticks around for another 10 years PLEASE DOG!!!

Yes, I agree.

People can't get over ageism, good music is for all ages so for those of you trying to out an age limit of rock n roll, you guys can fuck off!!! I've liked Green Day since I was 9 years old (mostly toyl) and I'm fucking proud that I still love them today. I don't really think you will find any of these so called teenies on GDC, just chicks who have fandome moments...and you guys have them too! I always see a

bunch of guys going on about how hot this female celebrity is or whatever so the difference is, is that the

people who scream like little girls for Green Day are not just screaming for there asses or whatever we're screaming

for the music!

Hopefully this will be my last rant :lol:

I agree with you. :D

It bugs me when people think I'm a "newbie" or "teenie" from the 21st century breakdown era or smth just because of my age. I've been a green day fan since late warning for god sakes! :lol: then people think they're better than you. :mad:

Okay I'll shut up now. :lol:

Oh yeah absolutely, I said I think it's appropriate at a Green Day show because Green Day shows are what I was talking about in my original post. And I wasn't referring to you as one of those moaning people, lol. I'm just talking about people who moan about "teenies" at Green Day shows.

Lol, sorry Hermione. I am just very passionate on screaming. I remember at the Albany show, this girl standing right next to me at the barrier, she was pretty cool, but halfway during the show she kept yelling, "I love you Billie Joe!" like every five seconds through like three songs. I finally said to her, "he knows, honey, he knows you love him." eek. I'm bad. But she stopped screaming it. Anyhoo...

I also know a lot of badass women who would kick anyone's ass... and they like Green Day, too!

I just find it EXRREMELY sad that 12-14 year old girls can't go to a green day concert without people looking at them as teenies or "big fans".

Stereotyping sucks dick.

Plus, WHO CARES if they scream? That's just a way of expressing their emotions and love for the band. People look is us down as if were new fans. Fuck no. You can be 30 and be a green day fan for about two years while I'm 14 and i've been a fan for the pass 7 years. Longer than you. So I just don't understand what's the problem. You don't know if it's the girls first and last green day show. The emotion she gets for seeing her idols in person so close to her. It's a magical feeling. As if nothing can stop you and you're in heaven. Of course the girl would want to make the best out of it and try to get their atention. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you've never felt that magic at your first green day concert, then I'm sorry.

I fucking love you for that post. I hate how just because your a younger girl, and happen to love the band, like, a lot, and tend to, yknow, sometimes appreciate their physical appearance, they get dubbed as teenies who like the band only cause they're hot and who've never heard anything pre-AI. I mean, I, unlike you, am a new fan, but that doesn't mean I like the band any less, or am a worse fan.

When I get my chance to see Green Day live, I'm going to scream like a teenie and be damn proud of it. There's a time and a place for screaming, and guess what? A GD concert is one of those. Not every three seconds, no, but still. If that makes me a teenie in anyones book, well, I honestly couldn't care less.

Yeah I agree. Screaming when it's quiet is a bit funny and weird. Heehee.

Offtopic/ I was suppose to be at that show but the drive from here in LA to up north is pretty long and I wasn't gonna make it on time. :(

That sucks that you weren't able to make it. I'm sure they will play again at some point. Hopefully you'll get to go. They are pretty damned awesome in concert, that's for sure.

The were far more men than women at both Manchester and Wembley in the summer, trust me I felt the full force of the lads in Manchester it wasn't nice.

Lol, sorry Hermione. I am just very passionate on screaming. I remember at the Albany show, this girl standing right next to me at the barrier, she was pretty cool, but halfway during the show she kept yelling, "I love you Billie Joe!" like every five seconds through like three songs. I finally said to her, "he knows, honey, he knows you love him." eek. I'm bad. But she stopped screaming it. Anyhoo...

I also know a lot of badass women who would kick anyone's ass... and they like Green Day, too!

Well yeah if someone's repeatedly doing something loud and annoying right next to you, it's annoying. I would've found that extremely irritating too, I don't blame you!

But some people complain about "teenies" not recognizing the older songs, not knowing all the lyrics, not being familiar with every little tradition of the show, just saying I love you Billie a couple of times, or just being excited when one of the band members looks right at them - things that don't actually affect them. Even further than that, some will label people teenies just for saying their favourite album is American Idiot or just for being a girl under the age of 16. In those cases I just think why so judgemental? :lol: Let people enjoy the band how they want if it doesn't affect you. Most of the time they're only complaining about it to feel like a superior, cooler fan. Far more annoying than someone getting a bit overexcited at the sight of Billie Joe :D

I don't think the screaming is really a teenie thing or a girl thing.... you can just hear us better, because we have the high piched voices. I've never actually been to a Green Day concert, (thanks, dad) but on the Bullet in a Bible dvd I saw plenty of guys screaming their heads off, but I could only hear the high pitched girls. I think teenies get a bad name because it's easiest to hear us.

I fucking love you for that post. I hate how just because your a younger girl, and happen to love the band, like, a lot, and tend to, yknow, sometimes appreciate their physical appearance, they get dubbed as teenies who like the band only cause they're hot and who've never heard anything pre-AI. I mean, I, unlike you, am a new fan, but that doesn't mean I like the band any less, or am a worse fan.

When I get my chance to see Green Day live, I'm going to

scream like a teenie and be damn proud of it. There's a time and a place for screaming, and guess what? A GD

concert is one of those. Not every three seconds, no, but still. If that makes me a teenie in anyones book, well, I

honestly couldn't care less.

Good for you. :happy:

You gotta enjoy and appreciate the moment. You gotta feel it deep under your skin and make it last forever. Screaming is really my only way of expressing my emotions.i don't like keeping everything in. I like being happy and a green day concert is the right place. :wub:

And don't worry if your a new fan. Everyone needs to start someplace! ;)

That sucks that you weren't able to make it. I'm sure they will play again at some point. Hopefully you'll get to go. They are pretty damned awesome in concert, that's for sure.

Hopefully!

It would be nice if they did a mini tour. :happy:

I can kind of see where you're coming from, but think about the fact that they still want to appeal to the younger generation, as thats where most of the money and fan base are going to come from these days. I am NOT saying that they're "selling out", at all, just read what I have to say. I was about 9 when I was listening to Green Day for the first time, saw them for the first time when I was 15, and I'm 21 now. When I was young, I loved their music as it appealed to the type of music everyone at my age was listening to back then for the generation that I was growing up in, if you really think about it they're just doing the same thing over again, finding out what the younger people like and appealing to that. Personally, I feel that they believe that their older fans, if they're real fans, will like them no matter what type of music they pursue. Perhaps they'll have a couple albums that are newer that you don't like AS MUCH, if at all, but they keep playing all of their old classic songs at concerts still don't they?

Also, for the record, I thought there was a pretty equal amount of guy:girl ratio at the Toronto concert this year. :P

I don't understand why this is still open when all people are doing is arguing about how some fans are annoying and running around pointing fingers at traits that bother them.

Especially based on age and gender. It's really ridiculous to make generalizations like that. -Next you'll be brining race and religion into the equation as well.-

Yes, It's true for any band; there will be 'teenies' and 'bad fans' out there, & we all define what those words mean in our own way.

You just have to deal with it and put yourself apart from the fans and behavior you disagree with.

I'm 15, female and am not madly in love with the members of Green Day, I'll stick to people who aren't old enough to be my father tyvm..

I think the gender gap is pretty even to be honest, at the shows I went to there were as many guys around me than girls.

It does seem that it's generally younger girls that go to the shows and older guys - at least where I was. Both have their own ways of being annoying. Yeah fan-girls screaming can be annoying but I have yet to be felt up at a Green Day concert by a drunk 40 year old fan-girl, so each gender has it's downsides. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure Green Day started out with teenage fans..those ones have just grown up now, Green Day just attracts fans from so many decades because they have stayed relevant for so many decades. So in my opinion there are just as many teenagers as there have ever been, there are a few more smallish kids now cuz the fans who used to be teenagers popped out a couple kids and are now bringing them to the shows so in 10-12 years they will be the teenagers at Green Day's shows that people will be hounding...that is if Green Day sticks around for another 10 years PLEASE DOG!!!

Green Day will be around a lot longer than that :D.

First of all, most of the green day's fans r girls, because of either billie joe's hottness or of some of the love songs they write, but mostly beacause of billie joe's hottness.

i kinda agree (tho im ashamed to say it) I am a girl and i do like Green Day

tho it was my best friends (guys) and my father that showed me Green Day...

I have noticed this in recent years, ever since Billie started wearing the eyeliner. It's kinda sad in a way, they generally exclude the other members for not looking super sexy. I can't imagine how that feels... but it's their job, and at the end of the day, they all equally make up what is "Green Day", musically. So, s'all good.

I'm a girl, but I really like seeing male Green Day fans out there... Many people say that GreenDay's a boy-band or a pop band because most of the female fans who use the internet are 14-17 year old and they scream "Billie Joe you're hot" while they are in the front row at a concert... That's so fucking irritating. MOst of Greek fans are girls and I ask myself "What if Green Day come for a concert over here? The concert hall will be full of 14-year-old girls screaming like they're in a Justin Beaber (I don't even know how to spell his name) show :( Many girls on facebook are like -you know- "I'm a huge green day fan, billie joe is hawt, american idiot is the best album..." Fuck you, you never gonna see green day live, you just say you're a fan because billie joe is hot, mike is cute and tre is funny (especially because of billie joe's hottness). I'm pretty frustrated... Green Day isn't a pop band, they are the fathers of modern punk... One of my friends is a huge Green day fan and she always reminds me that Guns n Roses' line, when we talk about this: "All we need is just a little patience"... I hope she's right... (my apologies for any mistakes, my english sucks)

I'd just like to point out, that a good portion of us on here are teenagers. I was twelve years old when American Idiot came out. I can't help the fact that I was born when I was born. And hey, now i'm 18 and i'm still as much of a fan as I was then. Just because I was once twelve doesn't mean I didn't/don't appreciate and love the music. ALSO, of course I thought Billie Joe was *hawt* when I was 12 years old (still do :eyebrow: ). And when you're twelve you don't really know how to express that besides screaming your face off. Let them have their fun for goodness sakes! They'll grow up just like I did!

This argument is centuries old...

Archived