VIP Passes for California show to benefit Children's Hospital

Fuzz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love that they do stuff like this! Those sold out so fast, $30,000 can go a long way :happy:

What an awesome cause :thumbsup: Raising $30,000 in such a short space of time is amazing, really clever idea! If I had that kind of money I would of had one straight away :D

But...it's for charity. A hospital is going to get a lot of money and the 'elite' should contribute to better a place that helps others. It's not specifically for the fans; it's for the hospital.

I agree with you 100% think its great that they are doing this. It is a win-win situation for both parties since 30 lucky fans get to live their dreams and the hospital gets the money to help save children's lives.

That is amazing that they sold out so quickly! They just raised $30,000 for a charity in practically minutes.

That is amazing that they sold out so quickly! They just raised $30,000 for a charity in practically minutes.

Yeah!

And, if I lived there, or near, I would totally pay for it.. Even if it wasn't for charity! It's so many cool stuff, seems like a dream to me.

I think that is so cool they are doing that for the Children's Hospital.

When my son was young he spent a huge part of his life in and out

of the Children's Hospital in New Orleans because of his heart condition.

I was in college then and I had no medical insurance for my son. That

hospital went above and beyond for my family and I. I remember one

time when my son was in the Children's Hospital, Walter Payton

came to the hospital and gave a big donation and signed autographs

for all the children. I remember how much it made my son so happy.

What Green Day is doing with the Children's Hospital will have a

huge positive impact of sick children and their families. If not for

people like Green Day the out come of my son's health may have

not been as good as it was. What they are doing is more than awesome!

Oh man that is so awesome that they are doing this and that they sold out so fast! Green Day is awesome

Oh my Lord if I were in America I would've bought one of those. Even if it is like, a years wages..

I think its great that they've done this, raised so much money in such a short amount of time. Good on them!

That's awesome Green Day had these VIP passes up for sale to raise money for Childrens Hospital in Oakland. This is one of the things that makes the band so great. I wish I had an extra thousand bucks laying around because If I did and found out about this in time i would have gotten one. As a consolation though I am glad it did sell out fairly quickly so that some fans get a night to remember with all the proceeds going to an excellent cause.

ugh, i'm going to that show. fuck my fucking life, i don't have 1,000 dollars to spare especially since my mom lost her job.

Sold Out: Now that's a big total in a few minutes; $30,000 . I wish I got that in like a couple of minutes! :pinch:

But ah, well, it's going to charity, that's even better!

As a side note and not to be a downer or anything I do hope these VIP ticket packages went to deserving fans who were willing to spend the Money so it would go to childrens hospital and not to shady scalpers looking to turn a profit.

this was a great idea for a great cause :) i´m glad it alreadly sold out.. although i would have loved getting a pass for myself!

Good to see something like this being done. Children's Hospital here in Oakland is a wonderful hospital and has been in my family for quite some time seeing as that I live here. :thumbsup:

no wonder there were such slim picking as far as the better seats during the sales.

:ermm:

I know by doing this, they are raising money whilst allowing people to have the most amazing time of their life, but I also think Green Day could have/ should in the future, donate something themselves :)

well if it aint they deserve a good hard poke in the eye! that wasnt what I was getting at! not quite sure how to explian this.

the life blood of most charities is the small donations by people who cant really afford it! its the support and work done by those who do it out of heart felt support.... those who do it in their spare time. this doest exactly encoursge the average fan to donate or support this or any other charity! all it does is make public the sale of tickets to the elite! I know the money will go to the charity but this is just seems like a poke in the eye to those who cant afford that kind of money.

I share this concern to an extent. The idea of making it so getting to have an experience like that is only open to the rich, excluding ordinary fans, isn't an idea I like very much. There are bands who offer similar packages for their shows not for charity but as a standard thing just to make money for themselves. If Green Day ever went down that road of offering premium/VIP tickets at an inflated price I'd feel extremely disappointed.

But as long as it's only ever done for charity like this, I don't have nearly as much of a problem. It's raised a lot of money for a good cause and it's a nice thing they've done. They could've just donated the money themselves and asked for small donations from fans though :ninja:

I think it is great what they are doing. It's for a very worthy cause and the people who

purchased these tickets did a great thing. As a reward they get to experience what

very few people ever will. I think it is awesome. Sure Green Day could have just

forked over the cash but they wanted to do something even greater by including their

fans in this great cause so that the fans not only get to experience one of the

best nights of their life, they also get to feel good for spending that much and

to know that they are helping sick children by doing so. I would bet Green Day

has probably donated more than $30,000 out of their own pockets to the hospital.

I believe this was Green Day's effort to get the fans involved also.

I would love to go to that, it makes being a fan so much better when you know that Green Day do things like this for amazingly good causes. :happy:

I think that is so cool they are doing that for the Children's Hospital.

When my son was young he spent a huge part of his life in and out

of the Children's Hospital in New Orleans because of his heart condition.

I was in college then and I had no medical insurance for my son. That

hospital went above and beyond for my family and I. I remember one

time when my son was in the Children's Hospital, Walter Payton

came to the hospital and gave a big donation and signed autographs

for all the children. I remember how much it made my son so happy.

What Green Day is doing with the Children's Hospital will have a

huge positive impact of sick children and their families. If not for

people like Green Day the out come of my son's health may have

not been as good as it was. What they are doing is more than awesome!

Wow that was a great story! Thanks for sharing :)

that's lovely! i'm soo happy that they're doing this for helping the poor and the destitute.

Archived