VIP Passes for California show to benefit Children's Hospital

Fuzz

Reposted from GDA.

082310_charity.jpg

This morning the Children's Hospital and Research Center Foundation from Oakland, CA announced that Green Day is selling 30 VIP passes at $1,000 each to Green Day's show in Mountain View, CA on September 4th.

The VIP passes get you into the show, the pre-show, backstage, and the VIP after party, and all the money goes to benefit the Children's Hospital. Such an awesome cause, and I'm really happy to hear the band is doing this.

Visit the Oakland Children's Hospital website for information and to buy tickets. These won't be around for long, so if you're interested, do it ASAP.

Here's the full press release

GREEN DAY SHINES LIGHT ON CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OAKLAND IN UPCOMING SHORELINE BENEFIT SHOW

August 23, 2010 < OAKLAND, CA < Green Day has announced that they have created 30 VIP ticket packages for their hometown show on September 4th at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA, to benefit the Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland, the band announced today.

"My sister Anna works at Children's Hospital and Research Center Oakland, so I am aware of the incredible work the hospital does, and how essential it is to support this community-based hospital," says Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong. "Children's Hospital and Research Center is a hospital where any child can go and get the best care, regardless of whether or not their families have insurance."

Founded in 1912, Children's Hospital Oakland serves children from throughout Northern California, is a global research leader, and has one of the most active designated Level I pediatric trauma center in the western United States.

Green Day is donating 30 pairs of tickets that include VIP Parking, VIP passes that include access to the band¹s pre-show soundcheck, backstage area, After-Show party, as well as a souvenir laminate and goody bag.

www.chofoundation.org/greenday

www.greenday.com

I hope a few of our visitors will be able to purchase the tickets and help such a great cause, and get some really awesome stuff in return. Again, visit the Children's Hospital site for info and tickets.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wowah thats such a cool thing to do, if only i lived in america

!

Aw, that's really great. Makes me all warm inside. And that sounds kind of soppy and creepy (I've got a good reason, though). But really, that's great. :happy: :happy: :happy:

I wish I had the money and right location to buy (a) ticket(s).

Looks like the max per person purchase is 4 tickets. In case anyone is interested. :)

maaaan. If i had money and lived in California, I'd totally buy one. but I don't have money or live in or near California, so oh well.

But it's really awesome that Green Day is doing this. it's an awesome cause :D

Edit: holy crap, only two left :o

This is just amazing. If it was out here in LA I would def. buy those but sadly I can't get to Oakland. >_< Either way, I am so glad these guys are doing this. I know when I first got sick I was at the Children's Hospital in Sunset and I got some of the best care there. The money really does go to a great cause.

That's great. It's a good cause too.

I hope some really awesome fans have an extra 1000 dollars.

...that's pretty damn fast. When did they go on sale?

That's really good but really expensive

VIP Parking, VIP passes that include access to the band¹s pre-show soundcheck, backstage area, After-Show party, as well as a souvenir laminate and goody bag.

sounds like a dream :cry:

This story totally warmed my heart. I love that they do stuff like this. =D

Man, that goody bag.... :lol:

so green day are donating the tickets......but people had to pay $1000 for them? they have sold out apparently although that didnt show up for me....

sorry but I`m a wee bit confused over this. did they pay for the tickets or make their own donation? I know this is for charity but.... I dont know. I just cant get my head round this! obviously this beneifts the charity and their involvement increases interest....but dontating the tickets and then asking £1000????

It's really amazing Green Day is doing this, that just makes me happy. :happy: It's great to hear the event is already sold out. I only hope the people who bought the tickets are not only really into Green Day but also cares about the Children's Hospital.

ahh, that's amazing, even more so that they've sold out already!! what an awesome thing to do :)

so green day are donating the tickets......but people had to pay $1000 for them? they have sold out apparently although that didnt show up for me....

sorry but I`m a wee bit confused over this. did they pay for the tickets or make their own donation? I know this is for charity but.... I dont know. I just cant get my head round this! obviously this beneifts the charity and their involvement increases interest....but dontating the tickets and then asking £1000????

i think the money green day get from the tickets is being donated which is probs why they're so expensive!

I'm really happy Green Day are doing this for a great cause...now if only i lived in CA and had $1,000 :P

i think the money green day get from the tickets is being donated which is probs why they're so expensive!

well if it aint they deserve a good hard poke in the eye! that wasnt what I was getting at! not quite sure how to explian this.

the life blood of most charities is the small donations by people who cant really afford it! its the support and work done by those who do it out of heart felt support.... those who do it in their spare time. this doest exactly encoursge the average fan to donate or support this or any other charity! all it does is make public the sale of tickets to the elite! I know the money will go to the charity but this is just seems like a poke in the eye to those who cant afford that kind of money.

well if it aint they deserve a good hard poke in the eye! that wasnt what I was getting at! not quite sure how to explian this.

the life blood of most charities is the small donations by people who cant really afford it! its the support and work done by those who do it out of heart felt support.... those who do it in their spare time. this doest exactly encoursge the average fan to donate or support this or any other charity! all it does is make public the sale of tickets to the elite! I know the money will go to the charity but this is just seems like a poke in the eye to those who cant afford that kind of money.

I get what you're saying, I think it's just a chance for people who can afford it to do it. At the end of the day that's a lot of money they've raised in what, not even a day, so why not? They obviously know they have fans who can afford it just as much as they have fans who can't. There is an option on the site to donate if you can't afford these special tickets.

But...it's for charity. A hospital is going to get a lot of money and the 'elite' should contribute to better a place that helps others. It's not specifically for the fans; it's for the hospital.

That's sweet and all, but $1,000 each? Seems like a bit much, although it is for charity, I suppose.

so green day are donating the tickets......but people had to pay $1000 for them? they have sold out apparently although that didnt show up for me...

It's not like they donated a $60 ticket and the Hospital is raising the price. They donated all the VIP passes, show, preshow, backstage AND after party. You can't buy those anywhere, that's worth a lot of money to many people, and it's going to a really great cause, so people who can spend this amount of money will.

Yeah they could something smaller, ask for $20, or $50 donations. But they made $30,000 in about 30 minutes offering something unique to Green Day fans. I think this worked well.

Archived