"Booze Lobby Targets Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong"

farley drexel hatcher

I think the problem is with the judicial system.

The answer is that paedophiles and rapists should be given much tougher sentences. IF they are ever allowed out they should be monitered extremely closely for the rest of their lives and have much tighter restrictions than they do now.

We are in concurrence.

Only i'd add Drink-Drivers and Drug Dealers to the list of convicted criminals to have tougher sentences.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are in concurrence.

Only i'd add Drink-Drivers and Drug Dealers to the list of convicted criminals to have tougher sentences.

Oh yeah, they were just examples. Loads of different crimes need tougher sentences.

Also, I just want to point out there is a difference between someone commiting a crime like drunk driving who is mentally stable, and someone like a paedophile who has an incurable mental illness, so you can't really compare the two.

So being a paedophile is the external symptoms of a mental illness?

Thus, the mentally ill cannot be tried in a court of law, so all paedophiles should be in asylums.

Sorry, but no.

So being a paedophile is the external symptoms of a mental illness?

Thus, the mentally ill cannot be tried in a court of law, so all paedophiles should be in asylums.

Sorry, but no.

OK maybe mental illness is the wrong phrase.

Someone who drink drives is not necessarily going to be compelled to drink drive their entire lives. It's something they have done wrong, not a mental state. They can see the error of their ways and never drink drive again.

Someone who acts on being a paedophile has something inherantly wrong with them. They don't just commit a crime, they are a paedophile for life, they are compelled to act on it and nothing can change that. Therefore they are a much bigger risk to the public. Just as a clinical psychopath is more dangerous than someone who mugs someone once for money and then sees the error of their ways.

I wasn't trying to excuse paedophiles, they should be locked up for life. It's just a fact that they have something wrong with their brain whereas most criminals do not. Therefore there's not much point in comparing them.

I wasn't trying to excuse paedophiles, they should be locked up for life. It's just a fact that they have something wrong with their brain whereas most criminals do not. Therefore there's not much point in comparing them.

Ok. :)

If anybody should be in those ads it should be my dad, lost his licence twice, ran down a stop sign, been caught speeding more times than i can count....

for gods sake? Billie? dude wtf?! not only is that a terrible picture, but it happened ages ago.

tell the yank government to take a leaf out of our drink driving ads. they scare the shit out of me.

stupid link wouldn't work...sorry guys :P

Archived