How Has Green Day Influenced You, For The Good Or Bad ?

Idiot_Basketcase

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
since i listen green day i don't care 4 my look or 4 personality. now people tell me "your t-shirt sucks" and now i answer " fuck you"

Well aren't you cool.

For the good...I'm writing a story about it! :D

Wow, Mary, that was amazing to read!

My experience had been that media culture -- TV, news, entertainment, advertising etc. -- is constantly barraging you with something it's trying to sell, whether it's trying to sell you on ideas that you know instinctively are false, or trying to sell you products. Over time, that gets very demoralizing. You wonder if anyone anywhere is ever willing to just tell the truth, even if it makes them look stupid or silly, other than the people you know personally.

For me, punk rock, which I first learned about through Green Day, is that light in the wilderness. I was thirty before I came to know it, but it was such a huge breath of fresh air. I don't think that part of Green Day's appeal is necessarily obvious, especially not now that they are so huge, but it's there and it's worth digging for.

As I've said many times, Green Day appeals to very many, very different people and for many many reasons, so I don't think there's necessarily a common thread among fans, other than the love of the music, and perhaps an instinctive love of the band members for their spontaneity and generosity.

For The good they inspired me 2 play guitar thanks guys :D

Same to me. I never thought I would ever play guitar, especially an electric guitar. But that was only one thing they inspired me to do...There are another thousand.

:lol: Touching that man is never inappropriate :D

That's gotta be a good influence! :wink:

lol, yeah avery good one indeed.

Mary, loved reading that babes. :D

Greenday have had a good influence on me,they are my sanity.

Oh Oh, did I ever tell you guys that I love Green Day :lol:

Oh Oh, did I ever tell you guys that I love Green Day :lol:

:o I had no idea. Well, you learn something new every day!

if it weren't for Green Day i'd be listening to pop. they attracted my attention to Punk and Pop Punk music.

they also inspired me to play the guitar. Holiday was the song tat inspired me, to be more specific.

they helped me teach myself to play the guitar. one of the methods i used to learn to play was watching a lot of GD live footage and learn from the way Billie plays

they've influenced my songwriting a lot.

Guest give me novacaine-jos

^^ hey that's cool!!! :D I think that green day have influenced everybody in here...

I'm greatly inspired by their style of writing - it has definitely influenced my own

ok...this will be cheesy beyond what's good...but it's how i feel...(what GD means to me)

Green Day...where to start...

i feel like loving Green Day is something to be proud of...the Music helps a lot in life, because there is always a song to help with whatever mood you're in...there is something for HAPPY!!! or something for when you're sad, or you wanna scream FUCK YOU to everybody you see...

i shut myself in sometimes, and i listen to music to make me feel better, instead of talking to people...it's like my own little world...

it's like that saying " i live in my own world, but it's okay, they know me here" :lol:

Billie Joe writes all these lyrics that seems to somehow all fit into my life...i hear a song, and it means something and explains how i feel about something...so basically...it's like a friend...or someone/something...that understands you...

haha...like "i don't need to talk to you, i have music...my friend!"

ok, time for me to go to bed, i'm rambeling on here :blink:

Guest billy024
They influenced me to swear more,play guitar and listening to them really brought out this"I don't fucking care alright!!!!" attitude that my parents HATE.Hah.

oh god,

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

the bold words the funny, retarded, and immature parts.

Their old music has influenced my music writing a lot. The new stuff, not so much.

Their old music has influenced my music writing a lot. The new stuff, not so much.

hm. well, my recent Green Day obsession maybe for the bad since it's annoyed abit of the people around me lol.. and I could getta accuse of likin' 'em more now 'cause of a certain someone which is partially true I 'spose..

addin' on to that certain someone.. a good amount of the songs remind me of my ex who's a very very big fan. sometimes that can hurt but I guess it hurt more right before I started gettin' back into 'em.

Now where's the good? I guess the fact that are alotta songs songs I can relate to in my current state.

hm. well, my recent Green Day obsession maybe for the bad since it's annoyed abit of the people around me lol..

:lol: Tell me about it! Me too.

Archived