How Has Green Day Influenced You, For The Good Or Bad ?

Idiot_Basketcase

how has GD helped you through your life? When I was battling depression before I got meds the only thing that would bring my mood up was singing along to and blasting outloud their music and when things go wrong I know its gonna be alright because I know their music will help me through. cheezy I know, but music can do alot!! :happy:

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't listen to Green Day when I'm depressed. So really, I don't think they have in that field.

Earlier this year my mum had a mental breakdown, and she wasn't herself. Everything was falling apart. She was in a mental facility for 2 months, and me, being an only child, I had to take care of everything and still try and get schoolwork done, which I didn't really. I had to do all my chores plus cook dinner every night, pack me and my dad's lunches, take care of the dogs, etc.

It was rough, but Green Day helped me get through it. In a way, I kind of owe them my life.

Hey wait... you already made this topic.

But answer the TOPIC question, they got me interested in guitars.

Music in general has helped me deal with rarely seeing my father, then he packs up and leaves for Iraq for a year, then I get him back for 18 months, then he goes over again to work for Haliburton, and now he wants to continue over there. I resort to music. My parents divorced in Janurary, so the first thing I resorted to was music. My mother now has a boyfriend who has been living with us for two years. He and I don't get along too well anymore. I resort to music. After a stressful day of school or life, I resort to music. I either play my guitar for hours on end, or I blast my music. Surprisingly, it does help alot, just like it helped you. Now I have this bond with music that is just amazing. Very stereotypical, I know. I do agree it can change your life. :smile:

sorry about that lol forget what i wrote and just answer the topic question!! MY BAD!! stupid computer!! :dry:

they got me into playing guitar. really into it. they got me to become an athiest....ok, i was kinda before, but i felt like i HAD to try to beleive. they just made me realize, fuck it, it doesnt really matter. They got me to quit caring about how i look. they really help me through alot, its pretty fucking pathetic.

No matter where i am or what i'm doing if i hear a Green Day song it just kinda makes me feel good. Like Green Day just makes things better. Always.

Similiar, but two different threads. I'll let them both keep going.

They influenced me to be and do what i want so long as I'm happy and telling everyone else to fuck off.

Unfortunatly that attitude doesn't seem to go well when I'm supposed to be the nice guy running the forum.

Edit: I'll merge the two just for sanity and simplicity.

Green Day hasn't really worked in a therapistic way for me (I have The Ataris for that) but it has influenced me more than any other band in songwriting. Especially the simplicity and song-structures.

yeah I have a "I dont give a fuck" adittude now thanks to green day. fuck people who don't like me! You are not that great either! haha

they help me calm down after i've had a pretty stressful day, and they are helping me get through all my family problems. their music just makes me feel better.

Green Day defintly helps me out no matter what mood Im in, whether im pissed of stressed out or depressed just listen to some GD :biggrin:

They've got me really interested in music, and they also help during difficult times but sometimes i feel worse if I am depressed and hear some green day songs

they got me interested in playing guitars, getting into real music... idk they kinda created me. i love them for that :)

yeah I have a "I dont give a fuck" adittude now thanks to green day. fuck people who don't like me! You are not that great either! haha

yea!! exactly!! :thumbsup:

No matter where i am or what i'm doing if i hear a Green Day song it just kinda makes me feel good. Like Green Day just makes things better. Always.

i couldnt agree with that any more :happy:

i cant really explain it, their music has just helped me a lot. i can sometimes think more clearly.

shit i told you i cant explain it, so im gonna give up now

When a song comes on or i hear them its like everything that i was thinking about just kind of melts away and im happy. i guess its like an escape?

hum

They influenced me to play guitar and write some songs, all while not losing my sense of humor and not trying to be somebody I'm not.

last year i was really lost and messed up. my family life was falling apart and i started hanging out with a new group of people and getting into things that i shouldnt have been doing. around the time that i found green day was the time that i found myself and when i started to pull things back together again. i used to hate myself and for the first time in my life i love who i am. i feel like i have a lot to thank them for. plus i never really appreciated music as much before i found green day.

Guest jesus of suburbia25

Oh, there was like a commercial in a magazine for American Idiot and you can rip of 5€ if you bought it. And then i start thinking. Yeah, Green Day isn't bad, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams is a good songs (It was in time were BOBD came out as a single and i knew Basket Case & Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) ). Then the next weekend i went to the cd store en bought American Idiot. The first 2 weeks i didn't listened a lot to the record but after that I listened it like 2 months non stop. And then I barrowed the others stuff like Nimrid, Doekie, Warning and Insomniac and then i realized how good Green Day was (and still is). And now im getting all the albums. Its the first band I really love so much.

Oh yes. They helped me when I was feeling extremly down last winter. I turned to their music and whenever I listened to their songs I felt like: I can do this. I'll survive. No big deal.

So yea. They kinda saved my life at one point. And thanks to them I now feel so much stronger.

got me through bad bad bad bad depression,made me not care what others thought of me and inspired me to write some new songs. and thats just in the last week or so.

When I'm happy, depressed, angry or bored I listen to a Green Day song, when I take my walks around the park, I take my ipod and always add a Green Day song. I would be so dead without music and Green Day for their great songs that get me through the day.

Archived