New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

Surely OEB has been reworked to not include the Pink guitar riff, right?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Surely OEB has been reworked to not include the Pink guitar riff, right?

It is now One Eyed Bastard - Green Day ft. P!nk

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Oh mate….

I’m from the south of Ireland (Rep of Ireland) and even i thread carefully when it comes to politics in the North. 

Essentially it was over whether Northern Ireland should be part of the UK or part of the rest of Ireland under the guise of religion. Catholics(Irish) Vs Protestants (English). The English used to occupy the whole of Ireland but they were overthrown in the south but not in the North.
You had major terrorism and murders on both sides.

Approx 3.5 thousand people were killed and about 48k injured. The “Troubles” lasted about 30 years in total. 

Should be noted just how recent it is too, with the Good Friday Agreement (peace in Northern Ireland) being signed in 1998 I think. This isn't something that ended far beyond living memory.

I'm from England but with family from Mayo, and it's mindboggling how little of it is/was taught to us as kids. A complete airbrushing of history which is very typical of the UK. We had actual terrorism in our own countries (whichever part of the Isles you're from) and yet not a single thing taught, you had to go out and find it yourself. Madness.

• Love 1

What a weird tracklist.

So there is a title track, Saviors. But it's towards the end of the album, which is new. They've always had it be one of the first 3 songs of their albums

I'm honestly not sure what to expect from this album

• Like 1

We can already know what are the ballads by the name of the songs.

Just now, elephantstone said:

Should be noted just how recent it is too, with the Good Friday Agreement (peace in Northern Ireland) being signed in 1998 I think. This isn't something that ended far beyond living memory.

I'm from England but with family from Mayo, and it's mindboggling how little of it is/was taught to us as kids. A complete airbrushing of history which is very typical of the UK. We had actual terrorism in our own countries (whichever part of the Isles you're from) and yet not a single thing taught, you had to go out and find it yourself. Madness.

Same here, we learned very little, if anything, in school about it and we live in a neighbouring town to where a bomb went off. Don't think i could wear the shirt around here either

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

Need a little inspiration to live on to fight the good fight another day?

Fear not. Saviors is coming soon.

This right here 💚

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, jengd said:

No tour dates yet. I NEED tour dates.

UK dates on the 2nd please

(At least I hope that’s what the bus in the tweet means!)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elephantstone said:

We’re barely taught it here! Which means people get their knowledge from their parents and that contributes to the continuing divide because it’s biased info depending on the community background of your parents. It’s far from peaceful here even still, that conflict still remains. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, redline punk said:

This album has everything to be in the top 3 of their career. The four songs we know are excellent, even better than the 21st CB era. 

They are great. but no.

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Based on the Tower Records description, this HAS to be Father to a Son!!!!

Goodnight Adeline?

“Pre-order* 'SAVIORS' for pre-sale access to Green Day's UK & European tour tickets before Tuesday 7th November 3pm GMT 2023”

presale closes Tuesday

Tickets will be that friday

• Like 1