Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

7 hours ago, Lindsay said:

I doubt it. They would have already rescheduled instead of just cancelling and refunding everyone. But, would be nice! 

There could have been reasons they couldn’t reschedule it now and coordinate it with the European dates but with borders open again and more time to plan maybe they’ll figure it out later and announce a whole new show. I don’t know, like I said I’m just hoping since I live so close. It’s hard to imagine them skipping all of Canada, especially when Canadians physically couldn’t travel to any US dates.  (I guess that’s true of all the other countries they’ve had to cancel or skip altogether but Canada seems the easiest and most attainable for a single show)

• Like 3

I’m still waiting for them to reschedule what would’ve been my first concert, in Cleveland in 2013. I wouldn’t hold your breath, sadly. 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Wow, oh my GOD, we’re never gonna see a normal show after this. Impressive.

I don’t know, I can imagine the nightmare it was to organise, even before COVID, and can just hear all those in the background going “never again” 😂😂

• Love 2

5 hours ago, jengd said:

“The Hella Mega Tour averaged 33,000 tickets each night across its 20 shows -- more than double the pace of Green Day’s previous peak”

That must be what they meant by more effective touring, make more money with half the amount of shows.  They never tell you this part but after all the parties involved get their cuts, I wonder how much each band walks away with per person per show. Also I assume this number includes merch sales not just tickets sold?

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

7 hours ago, jengd said:

I am not at all surprised. For one thing, this was the first major concert tour post-lockdown, so people were dying to get out and see live music. Having said that though, I think this also proves that anyone who thought Green Day was not still relevant had their head shoved 9 miles up their ass LOL. This proves their is currently huge demand for their music, which I think makes sense given how perfectly it describes the current state of the world. 

49 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

I am not at all surprised. For one thing, this was the first major concert tour post-lockdown, so people were dying to get out and see live music. Having said that though, I think this also proves that anyone who thought Green Day was not still relevant had their head shoved 9 miles up their ass LOL. This proves their is currently huge demand for their music, which I think makes sense given how perfectly it describes the current state of the world. 

Agreed.  People keep telling us rock music is dead and yes, we struggle (certainly in Uk) to hear it on mainstream radio and tv, but clearly there is still a good appetite for rock.  Hopefully with the interest around Machine Gun Kelly, Yungblud, Nova Twins and the like it will increase.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jengd said:

Agreed.  People keep telling us rock music is dead and yes, we struggle (certainly in Uk) to hear it on mainstream radio and tv, but clearly there is still a good appetite for rock.  Hopefully with the interest around Machine Gun Kelly, Yungblud, Nova Twins and the like it will increase.

I will add people like Olivia Rodrigo and Willow Smith to that list too. Alt rock has suddenly become the big thing again in the U.S. As I said, I think we are in the right moment for it. 

On 10/28/2021 at 5:31 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Another update from Jake. He's home

a385c0f9d0152ec44ad7dc47ffc29e3bc8e2adfe

a8ab4ab62bc0df332a6bc04bcab71c5979b1e0cf

So glad he is doing better. Love that bottom pick with the puppy wagging it's tail so fast that it is just a blur. Nothing quite like a dog's love. I remember the accident, but I hate to say I forgot what exactly this guy's job was and what his relationship was to the band? 

6 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

So glad he is doing better. Love that bottom pick with the puppy wagging it's tail so fast that it is just a blur. Nothing quite like a dog's love. I remember the accident, but I hate to say I forgot what exactly this guy's job was and what his relationship was to the band? 

He was the tour's official photographer.

Just now, solongfromthestars said:

He was the tour's official photographer.

Thanks! So glad to see he is on the mend. Wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I wouldn't say any of those (including Olivia Rodrigo and Willow Smith) are truly rock. They're mainly pop and some have shades of hip hop. There's a concerted effort by ClearStream to remove traditional rock from the airwaves. Nowadays, you have to have some extra flare or spice to your music. I don't see traditional rock music making a comeback until the next generation of kids is older. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

I wouldn't say any of those (including Olivia Rodrigo and Willow Smith) are truly rock. They're mainly pop and some have shades of hip hop. There's a concerted effort by ClearStream to remove traditional rock from the airwaves. Nowadays, you have to have some extra flare or spice to your music. I don't see traditional rock music making a comeback until the next generation of kids is older. 

Those artists have rock elements and hits with those rock elements whereas a couple of years ago that would have not been possible. So I'll take it. 

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Possibly not traditional rock as the likes of AC/DC say, but they do lean that way to me anyway.  Green Day aren’t really traditional rock either - at severe risk of starting a genre discussion!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Source? Fascinating.

I believe the article for these graphics is in the  gd news thread. It was from Billboard (I think)

edit: here is the link

https://flipboard.com/topic/entertainmentindustry/green-day-fall-out-boy-weezer-s-hella-mega-tour-lives-up-to-its-name-with-blo/a-8QBkfkRCRNi0aqOiEb50zg%3Aa%3A344362025-39adaca2f4%2Fbillboard.com

• Like 2

Still awesome to see GD beats out Weezer and FOB on their own in terms of attendance and gross, though. :P

• Like 4