Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

If all three bands do release singles on the same day, that’s really going to play up the competitive aspect of this tour, with three big bands fighting for supremacy that I expect will translate to the stage. It all has the air of a sports event with everyone in the audience representing their favorite team. 

10 hours ago, desertrose said:
Spoiler

Ranked correctly :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If all three bands do release singles on the same day, that’s really going to play up the competitive aspect of this tour, with three big bands fighting for supremacy that I expect will translate to the stage. It all has the air of a sports event with everyone in the audience representing their favorite team. 

I think that would be a mistake honestly. Like Green Day shows are objectively more theatrical and impressive. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Ranked correctly :thumbsup:

I think that would be a mistake honestly. Like Green Day shows are objectively more theatrical and impressive. Other doomed to lose.

Well as a Green Day United supporter you would say that 😜 See? Talking trash already *cue fight song*

8 hours ago, tdlyon said:

A lot of the reactions on here are fucking embarrassing, honestly. I really didn't think the Green Day fanbase was one of those fandoms that hates every band that's not their own, and to get actively mad that the band is going on a tour is absolutely ridiculous. It means it's the start of their new era, how the hell is that bad news? Just don't go to the tour if you hate the other two bands that much, you're out of your mind if you think this will be the only tour Green Day does for the new album cycle anyway. They will 100% go on a solo headliner afterwards

Personally I'm super excited that they're back, and probably going to get a ton of publicity and attention from this.

Listen, we all have nothing against FOB and Weezer. We’re just worried that we waited 3 years just to see them not play as long.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Nah I mean, FOB and Weezer just have more straightforward/toned down styles. Green Day are in the RnR Hall of Fame and known for some of the most impressive showmanship when they play live. Billie Joe is known as one of the most engaging frontmen of all time, the other band's lead singers are not. Green Day's music is the heaviest and most rock n roll of the three. The others might be great live but it's not in the same way. If they played it like a contest they'd be doomed to lose just because of the nature of their performances.

I’m having football jerseys printed up 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Nah I mean, FOB and Weezer just have more straightforward/toned down styles. Green Day are in the RnR Hall of Fame and known for some of the most impressive showmanship when they play live. Billie Joe is known as one of the most engaging frontmen of all time, the other band's lead singers are not. Green Day's music is the heaviest and most rock n roll of the three. The others might be great live but it's not in the same way. If they played it like a contest they'd be doomed to lose just because of the nature of their performances.

I mean unless you've actually seen the other bands live, I'm not sure you can really say that. Green Day is a wonderful experience live but it also doesn't translate as well to their live albums. Could be the same way with the other bands. I've never seen the other two, so I don't know. But you're right Green Day has the better reputation live. And weezer could get into the hall of fame eventually. They are just popular enough and have some well-respected albums in the critical world

7 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Listen, we all have nothing against FOB and Weezer. We’re just worried that we waited 3 years just to see them not play as long.

Or not be able to afford a ticket lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Taste said:

I mean unless you've actually seen the other bands live, I'm not sure you can really say that. Green Day is a wonderful experience live but it also doesn't translate as well to their live albums. Could be the same way with the other bands. I've never seen the other two, so I don't know. But you're right Green Day has the better reputation live. And weezer could get into the hall of fame eventually. They are just popular enough and have some well-repeated albums in the critical world

Yeah all the bands have good points, but just talking about live shows going on reputation and knowing that Green Day shows are more big and theatrical it doesn't seem like setting it up as a competitive thing would make a lot of sense. Each show is enjoyable in its own way I'm sure but bands with a more straightforward indie style aren't going to "beat" Green Day's rock n roll showmanship.

Like, obviously I'm biased as a Green Day fan but let's not pretend these three bands are equally accomplished as live acts, they're not.

• Like 4

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't disagree with you. FOB's audience isn't as sustainable but their audience is still probably going to be bigger when the tour is going on next summer. Of course, things can change based on how well GD's and FOB's upcoming releases do

I respectfully disagree, GD have proveen they can play big arenas and stadiums all over the world and they're a legendary live band with intergenerational appeal, flop albums or not. That's not the case of FOB, as their tours still depend on their younger audience which, honestly, probably already jumped ship to other groups. But, as you say, we can probably judge better from the upcoming releases.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Pretty sure Centuries was a huge hit. I heard it everywhere

I’ve never heard FoB anywhere, but that’s just personal experience. Weirdly though I went in a pub that played exclusively green Day despite having no links to music at all

1 minute ago, Joe. said:

I’ve never heard FoB anywhere, but that’s just personal experience. Weirdly though I went in a pub that played exclusively green Day despite having no links to music at all

I'd be surprised if you didn't recognise at least 1 FOB song. You may not know them by name but you'd probably hear at least 1 or 2 and be like "Oh yeah I know this song"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

Seen all 3

weezer(once) are decent but it wains half way through and Rivers is quite flat

FoB(3times at all doffeeent size venues) are poor live. Musically solid, but show wise mon existent.

Green day(this would be show 6) are one of the best live bands on the planet. Up there with Springsteen in terms of a show.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd say Springsteen level, but maybe like just below Foo Fighters and somewhere near Pearl Jam. But there definitely in the top 5 for bands I've seen live

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

Seen all 3

weezer(once) are decent but it wains half way through and Rivers is quite flat

FoB(3times at all doffeeent size venues) are poor live. Musically solid, but show wise mon existent.

Green day(this would be show 6) are one of the best live bands on the planet. Up there with Springsteen in terms of a show.

I saw FOB a grand total of once, at Warped Tour like 15 years ago, and Pat was way off-key the entire time.  The musicianship itself was fine, and Pete is certainly very energetic on stage, but uh...my sister threw up during their set, we had to leave, and I like to (jokingly) blame the band (I think she was just overheated since this was a blazingly hot summer in Florida after all).  But hey, it wasn't all bad - Motion City Soundtrack were fantastic that day and I still love them because of it.  Weezer were honestly pretty fun the one time I saw them, but maybe the fact that I got to see them for free is clouding my judgement, lol.  I still think the tour would be worth going to for GD and Weezer alone, if ticket prices aren't utterly ridiculous.

Guys, I’ve said everything about the Weezer/FOB thing so now I will continue with:

I’M SOOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS TOUR!!!!!!!

I will try to go to at least 10 shows in Europe, preferably more! The concerts that are within a 500 km distance from my home (between Munich and Salzburg) I will drive to myself, so that will be a big road trip! Hoping for them to come to Munich, Prague, Vienna, Zurich, Northern Italy and maybe Stuttgart! Then besides that road trip I will do some shows in the UK as well, depending on my school schedule, I will do many many many or just the Saturday ones. I’m off school May 30 to June 14 so please do lots of European shows within those dates GD, thanks ❤️

I saw a video of FOB's Young & Menace live and even though that's already an atrocious song, it's even worse live! Hopefully they don't play that song and hopefully they don't have any songs like that on their next album

4 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'd be surprised if you didn't recognise at least 1 FOB song. You may not know them by name but you'd probably hear at least 1 or 2 and be like "Oh yeah I know this song"

For me it’s the other way round. I know their name but none of their songs! They are not big here in Germany at all

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

Guys, I’ve said everything about the Weezer/FOB thing so now I will continue with:

I’M SOOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS TOUR!!!!!!!

I will try to go to at least 10 shows in Europe, preferably more! The concerts that are within a 500 km distance from my home (between Munich and Salzburg) I will drive to myself, so that will be a big road trip! Hoping for them to come to Munich, Prague, Vienna, Zurich, Northern Italy and maybe Stuttgart! Then besides that road trip I will do some shows in the UK as well, depending on my school schedule, I will do many many many or just the Saturday ones. I’m off school May 30 to June 14 so please do lots of European shows within those dates GD, thanks ❤️

Honesty it may not even come to Europe..

co headlines rarely do..

3 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

Honesty it may not even come to Europe..

co headlines rarely do..

So you are saying GD might not come to Europe to promote this album?

sorry, but you’re wrong.

why would they not?

stadiums are booked, guys. We just don’t know when and where exactly yet.

1 minute ago, Mary Daze said:

sorry, but you’re wrong.

why would they not?

No they will come to Europe. They may not with Weezer and FOB. This specific tour could very well be a US tour was my point.

Just now, purplebenny said:

No they will come to Europe. They may not with Weezer and FOB. This specific tour could very well be a US tour was my point.

Oh yeah! But that was why I moved on to being excited about tour, because it will be great either way! :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Mary Daze said:

sorry, but you’re wrong.

why would they not?

But it’s not a coheadline. Green Day are still the top band on the bill and the main draw. Imo FoB are just a big-ish support to help push tickets, it’s not like they’ll be alternating who headlines the gigs or anything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't disagree with you. FOB's audience isn't as sustainable but their audience is still probably going to be bigger when the tour is going on next summer. Of course, things can change based on how well GD's and FOB's upcoming releases do

Well if FOB continue how they were with MANIA, theres no way they're making any waves in the charts.

Omg, I just realised I might actually have to sit / stand through them playing Young and Mennace live....

• Haha 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy - postponed
  • AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy