Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

12 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Looks like Red 7, 2011.

I looked it up and I don't think it is. Billie had a beard during that show and he's clean shaven in these gifs. Drums also look different.

25 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

I looked it up and I don't think it is. Billie had a beard during that show and he's clean shaven in these gifs. Drums also look different.

Oops, you're right. It's the Mezzanine in 2011.

Again, this is when I miss the photo section on GDA.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Montclare said:

this is when I miss the photo section on GDA.

Me tooooooo! 😭

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Who is the world's biggest Green Day fan?

Is there a person that's been to every show from day 1?

Someone that's streams exactly 1000 hours of Green Day music every 41.667 days?

8 hours ago, That Dude said:

Who is the world's biggest Green Day fan?

Is there a person that's been to every show from day 1?

Someone that's streams exactly 1000 hours of Green Day music every 41.667 days?

Green Day's VIP guy, Ben, did an interview back in 2017 and said there was someone who had been to over 200 shows but there could be someone out there been to more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Green Day's VIP guy, Ben, did an interview back in 2017 and said there was someone who had been to over 200 shows but there could be someone out there been to more

Interesting, thank you!  200 is insane, but out of 1,706+ shows there could definitely be someone crazier.   

Someone should make a documentary about Green Day fans so we can all let our Green Flags Fly......on TV! 

• Like 3

On 1/8/2022 at 7:02 PM, That Dude said:

Someone should make a documentary about Green Day fans so we can all let our Green Flags Fly......on TV!

It's not TV but I did make a photo documentary and book about Green Day fans at shows! I got some interesting photos that show the lengths people will go to for the band.

Spoiler

tumblr_owmdioru3x1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

27a285_851bfb052eec4da29b31b626e24a8003~

27a285_f3207affe9f64bd3ba33de5fcb6572ae~

27a285_3a6822cb505d46629165027cc1e398d7~

27a285_bc463d56592349cebbc88673e65c48f9~

27a285_bee51e2529a145e9918ef36251c9977d~

27a285_aa5e15a8c52844c6ad15a20e9c4bca55~

I don't think I'll do more photos like these, but I'd love to photograph people at home with their Green Day collections or just listening to their music or whatever, so I could include people who can't go to shows as well. Not sure how that would work though. It'd probably have to be people photographing themselves.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Montclare said:

Pinkpop 2017.

I wondered if that was it! Couldn't remember for sure.

One more time....

Who is that on the back of Uno?  It looks like Billie, but not quite.  If it isn't Billie, why did they mess up the theme by having Tre on both sides of Tre?

I recently came across the original photo for Lady Cobra, which was cool.

Are there any images of the band and whoever is on Uno doing the photo shoots?

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

One more time....

Who is that on the back of Uno?  It looks like Billie, but not quite.  If it isn't Billie, why did they mess up the theme by having Tre on both sides of Tre?

It's clearly Billie.
It a picture from the surprise Halloween show in NYC in 2011

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

This is the original photo

c4993452631def03290819662cb09c97244515ca

It was taken by Theo Stockman, one of the actors in the American Idiot musical. There's also an original image from the front cover

310d7fc11b3acd2a5a00def430ce92af382e9ab3

Thank you!  Everybody used to say it WAS Theo Stockman.  That actually looks way cool than the finished product.

Dark Trilogy anyone?  

You thought the first one was sad.

Just wait until Dark Dos and Dark Tre! 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 1:18 PM, That Dude said:

Thank you!  Everybody used to say it WAS Theo Stockman.  That actually looks way cool than the finished product.

Dark Trilogy anyone?  

You thought the first one was sad.

Just wait until Dark Dos and Dark Tre! 

The trilogy was dark enough thank you. Don’t let the music fool you

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The trilogy was dark enough thank you. Don’t let the music fool you

In looking at all the albums, which do you think is the happiest in terms of lyrical aspects?  

I'd say Warning is fairly optimistic.    There's darkness for sure, particularly in the middle of the record but compared the other albums, it's grinning like an idiot and I love it.  

• Like 2

Just now, That Dude said:

In looking at all the albums, which do you think is the happiest in terms of lyrical aspects?  

I'd say Warning is fairly optimistic.    There's darkness for sure, particularly in the middle of the record but compared the other albums, it's grinning like an idiot and I love it.  

I agree Warning is full of hope and optimism, even if things aren’t great yet, you get the sense he believes they will be. RevRad is also coming from a pretty positive place overall, a few darker ones notwithstanding regarding society.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2022 at 11:34 AM, solongfromthestars said:

It's not TV but I did make a photo documentary and book about Green Day fans at shows! I got some interesting photos that show the lengths people will go to for the band.

Hide contents

tumblr_owmdioru3x1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

27a285_851bfb052eec4da29b31b626e24a8003~

27a285_f3207affe9f64bd3ba33de5fcb6572ae~

27a285_3a6822cb505d46629165027cc1e398d7~

27a285_bc463d56592349cebbc88673e65c48f9~

27a285_bee51e2529a145e9918ef36251c9977d~

27a285_aa5e15a8c52844c6ad15a20e9c4bca55~

I don't think I'll do more photos like these, but I'd love to photograph people at home with their Green Day collections or just listening to their music or whatever, so I could include people who can't go to shows as well. Not sure how that would work though. It'd probably have to be people photographing themselves.

Holy fuck that looks insane and interesting. I’d love to see more.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, PonyboyCurtis said:

Holy fuck that looks insane and interesting. I’d love to see more.

Thanks! This is the page on my website about it:

https://www.mariagloriaharvey.com/my-rage-my-love-my-life

There's also a Tumblr:

https://myragemylovemylife.tumblr.com/

And a blog category, although a lot of these posts focus on my experiences, not the fandom as a whole

https://www.mariagloriaharvey.com/blog/categories/my-rage-my-love-my-life

There are two editions of the book that used to be up for sale, but I haven't had enough interest in another batch to print more.

• Love 4

I've been watching youtube videos lately to fill the void.  I've seen plenty of fans get up on stage to play with them and become very emotional.  Any videos of Billie getting emotional with fans on stage?

2 hours ago, Vintage Disciple said:

I've been watching youtube videos lately to fill the void.  I've seen plenty of fans get up on stage to play with them and become very emotional.  Any videos of Billie getting emotional with fans on stage?

Don't know that he's gotten emotional with fans specifically, but he definitely gets emotional pretty regularly (typically during certain songs). First thing that comes to my mind is WMUWSE from BIAB or from Irving Plaza 2012.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Don’t think so but you can clearly see the joy on his face when they are excited.

• Like 2