Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

22 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’ve never seen this photo from that photoshoot but for the longest time I’ve been looking for the original that this one is based on.  Can anyone find it?

Those two are from different photoshoots. The one the door painting is based on has never been available, unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

Those two are from different photoshoots. The one the door painting is based on has never been available, unfortunately.

I have it on the tour t-shirt, very nice it is too!

Is there an official live recording from Wembley 2010?

Last night I watched some GD videos after a while and one of them was 21CB from Wembley and I was so blown away by how perfect it sounded... it was a multicam edit and I was wondering if someone mixed in some audio from the record. This afternoon I turned on the radio to have some background noise for washing dishes and there it was - they played the exact same recording from Wembley, so I guess there must be a live record I don’t know about?

• Like 1

Not that I know of but they were great shows, think we would know if there was another live record.  Which song was it though as AAF is from lots of different shows?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jengd said:

Not that I know of but they were great shows, think we would know if there was another live record.  Which song was it though as AAF is from lots of different shows?

21CB. I checked and it indeed is on Awesome As Fuck so we can safely conclude it was fucked with a bit to make it sound more polished :P

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

21CB. I checked and it indeed is on Awesome As Fuck so we can safely conclude it was fucked with a bit to make it sound more polished :P

True, I've also never been a great fan of AAF's production. As I see it, Green Day should leave it to other more glossy pop-punk bands to polish and over-produce their stuff, good Green Day material (in studio and live) always needs a little bit of grit. In my opinion, BIAB's production is a lot better, mostly because I don't think they retouched it as much (if you listen carefully, you can hear they left quite a few little human inconsistencies and mess-ups in there).

Still, some guy once made an amateur multi-cam of the Wembley gig several years ago, which I absolutely fawned over for months on end. That was back when I was in full-fledged fanboy mode and asking myself why I hadn't worked out some way to attend a 21CB tour show. I was a Green Day fan already several years before 21CB came out, they even played in Zurich in 2009 (I remember seeing posters for the gig in every tram/bus), but I was still quite a bit under-age at the time, so yeah... Still regretting it to this day though haha. AAF may be polished and pitch-corrected in places, but damn, they really did sound incredibly good on that tour...

I guess I should have convinced my dad to go with me, but I honestly didn't think of that at the time :dry:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

True, I've also never been a great fan of AAF's production. As I see it, Green Day should leave it to other more glossy pop-punk bands to polish and over-produce their stuff, good Green Day material (in studio and live) always needs a little bit of grit. In my opinion, BIAB's production is a lot better, mostly because I don't think they retouched it as much (if you listen carefully, you can hear they left quite a few little human inconsistencies and mess-ups in there).

Still, some guy once made an amateur multi-cam of the Wembley gig several years ago, which I absolutely fawned over for months on end. That was back when I was in full-fledged fanboy mode and asking myself why I hadn't worked out some way to attend a 21CB tour show. I was a Green Day fan already several years before 21CB came out, they even played in Zurich in 2009 (I remember seeing posters for the gig in every tram/bus), but I was still quite a bit under-age at the time, so yeah... Still regretting it to this day though haha. AAF may be polished and pitch-corrected in places, but damn, they really did sound incredibly good on that tour...

I guess I should have convinced my dad to go with me, but I honestly didn't think of that at the time :dry:

I don't dislike it, it's just that I find this level of perfection unrealistic. They really are an awesome sounding band, but a bit of grit is unavoidable in a live setting and it suits them too.

Same. I will never forgive my 12 year old self for not bothering my parents more to at least let me listen to the show from outside haha. I think I didn't even try because I expected to be told my interests are annoying.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, iTokerBoySwag said:

Is Danger really Jakobs legal middle name?

Yes

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, iTokerBoySwag said:

Amazing. 

Supposedly Billie wanted him to be able to really say his middle name was Danger 😂

• Like 1

His middle name is Danger. It isn't a lyrics on Dos?? And what is the context lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

His middle name is Danger. It isn't a lyrics on Dos?? And what is the context lol

It's from Austin Powers.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Montclare said:

It's from Austin Powers.

giphy.gif

Pretty sure Billie is singing this somewhere on iDOS! too

5 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Baby Eyes!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yeah, Baby Eyes, they say my middle name is danger. I thought you meant where did Billie get the idea for Jakob's middle name.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Baby Eyes!

59 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Yeah, Baby Eyes, they say my middle name is danger. I thought you meant where did Billie get the idea for Jakob's middle name.

Oh okay so I guess it's a common expression in English?

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Oh okay so I guess it's a common expression in English?

It’s from the Austin Powers movies. 

• Like 1

Can someone tell me all the pinhead songs that Billie actually wrote the lyrics too? I know it's only a handful if I remember correctly. Much appreciated 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jollyroger said:

Can someone tell me all the pinhead songs that Billie actually wrote the lyrics too? I know it's only a handful if I remember correctly. Much appreciated 

27, New Blood, and Anniversary Song.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Anniversary Song is so fucking good! I always want to listen to it at least twice when it comes on shuffle.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 3:31 AM, Green Day In Seattle said:

Anniversary Song is so fucking good! I always want to listen to it at least twice when it comes on shuffle.

Its interesting to me that he wrote so little of the songs for pinhead. I wonder why?

His come so many people are credited with the writing of 2000 light years away?

9 hours ago, jollyroger said:

Its interesting to me that he wrote so little of the songs for pinhead. I wonder why?

His come so many people are credited with the writing of 2000 light years away?

Because it’s Aaron’s band and Aaron writes most of the songs. 

2000 LYA was written while Billie was jamming with Jesse, Dave, and Pete, so he gave them credit. 

• Like 2