Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Someone came to use the phone after I put it down. It was already my second take though so I can't complain. I guess it's a popular phone :lol: 

• Like 2

I hope this isn't too personal (I don't think it is but idk), but does anyone know if Billie still has his old ford fairlane?

5 hours ago, Savannah89 said:

Can someone post quotes where Billie said he suffers from ADHD? And Mike and Tré too?

I found this one example of Billie mentioning it, from the Sunday Times in 2009

"These kids there would be saying things like, 'If you're not paying attention right now, that's Satan taking your mind away.' It was evil. And me, I have ADHD, so I'm there thinking about a million things. I mean, God forbid that you might be sitting in church thinking, 'God, I'd really like to f--k that girl.' You know, 'Satan, get out of my brain."

I know there's been other times he's talked about it as well. I don't think he's ever gone into a lot of detail about it though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Savannah89 said:

Can someone post quotes where Billie said he suffers from ADHD? And Mike and Tré too?

From April 30, 2015 Rolling Stone article, "Billie Joe Armstrong Talks ‘Surreal’ Hall of Fame Night, New Green Day LP"

You looked like you were having a lot of fun when you took that guitar solo in “I Wanna Be Your Man” at the end.
That was great. Paul Shaffer did a great job. It’s tough trying to coordinate a bunch of musicians that probably have ADHD and OCD and a couple of other initials here and there. It was really fun. He just said, “Take a solo.” I’m like, “All right, cool.”

He didn't say himself personally but I think he was including himself into "a bunch of musicians".

And this article from Guitar Player, December, 2016

Admit it, Billie, you like playing rhythm more than soloing—even though you played most of the solos on your records.

"Yeah. I think of myself as basically a rhythm player. I like playing guitar solos, but, I don’t know—maybe I just have too much ADHD to focus on more than one animal at a time".

• Like 2

Folks, thank you so much. You are amazing.

But question of the day: How does he know he has ADHD when he was never been diagnosed?

Is he just assuming or diagnosed himself?

By the way: What is OCD?

2 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

Folks, thank you so much. You are amazing.

But question of the day: How does he know he has ADHD when he was never been diagnosed?

Is he just assuming or diagnosed himself?

By the way: What is OCD?

I think he has probably been diagnosed by various lyrics he's written like,  "all grown up and medicated" for instance.

OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I'm not sure but I don't think he's specifically said whether he's been diagnosed with it professionally, just mentioned having it a few times. Or it might be that he got diagnosed after he said that quote. There were some interviews around when Rev Rad was first coming out where he talked about how he'd used alcohol and pills etc as self medication for anxiety/social anxiety. Again I don't know if he said it explicitly but from the way he spoke about that it sounded like he's had some professional treatment for issues like that at some point. In any case from interviews in recent years it definitely sounds like he's taking care of himself and getting any help he needs to live life happily. 

• Like 2

it definitely sounds like he's taking care of himself and getting any help he needs to live life happily.

And this is the most important thing I think.

I like that he speaks about it honestly. Many people that are creative suffer from ADHD. Not all, but many.

• Like 1

Another question: I wonder if Billie has some special things of famous people that he collects. Like a guitar from paul mc cartney or an autograph. 

I know, that he still has the letter from one Ramones member. But do we know he collects stuff of vips?

Can somebody please tell me, if Billie really cries in this video? Some people just told me, it was sweat, not tears.

Might sound too obvious, but maybe it was a combination of both? It would just be a weird coincidence if it were just sweat, because it always seems to happen more in this song than in others...

• Sad 1

The last video kills me every time.  I believe that was the 30th anniversary of his father's death. 😥

I'm surprised that his dad's death still touched him this way. But I can understand it. He's an emotional guy and I love him for that.

Considering another fact: GD played at pinole valley high, right? Did the principal allow that or did they just put their equipment on the school ground?

If he allowed that pinole valley high has/had really cool school staff.

6 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

Considering another fact: GD played at pinole valley high, right? Did the principal allow that or did they just put their equipment on the school ground?

If he allowed that pinole valley high has/had really cool school staff.

It was a school sponsored event for a special theme week there and they were the band invited to play for one day.  

• Like 1

Thank you. I didn't know.

Another thing: I spent the last nights by watching videos of Billie inviting fans on stage.

How do you manage do be on stage and playing with him without passing out of shock? Is it the adrenaline kicking in?

13 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

Is it the adrenaline kicking in?

It's kicking like HELL. You don't even realize that ur in front of 22 000 people lol.  In my head I was only in front of Billie 😍

• Like 2

Does anyone still have the articles about Green Day renaming East Jesus Nowhere from March of the Dogs? So much online content about Green Day has disappeared into a void. :( But yeah I was listening to the Sum 41 song yesterday and remembering how angry people were because they thought those fakers, Sum 41, forced the Real Punx Green Day to rename a song :lol: I don't remember if that was actually the case or just Billie hearing the phrase in Juno and deciding to use it, though.

No, sorry. Maybe anybody else?

Something different came to my mind.

Do you think Billie would be the kind of guy who would comfort someone close to him (maybe a friend) by hugging when something heavy happens to him or would he just sit next to him and just having some comforting words? I've seen a lot of men changing into an ice berg when somebody next to them cries.

I know it's just a question where we can just  guessing.

13 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

No, sorry. Maybe anybody else?

Something different came to my mind.

Do you think Billie would be the kind of guy who would comfort someone close to him (maybe a friend) by hugging when something heavy happens to him or would he just sit next to him and just having some comforting words? I've seen a lot of men changing into an ice berg when somebody next to them cries.

I know it's just a question where we can just  guessing.

We prefer not to have speculation about the guys' personal lives here, if no one knows there's no point in guessing. I'm sure you can get a good enough idea about what Billie's character is like from everything you see/read/hear about him as we all do.