Random Green Day News

Hermione

Obviously that's a shitty situation for the author of the book and the parents who got a different book than they ordered, but it's not hurting the children or making the situation worse for them. Like @jengd said, it's just a misprint (which I still find funny) and it will get sorted.

And I'm absolutely hoping for more Christmas pictures and news over the weekend!:)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jengd said:

Oh my god, can you  imagine a naked Trump calendar, no, please, don’t make me 😱🤯

preserving his modesty (haha yeah I know what modesty) behind a Mexican border wall

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jengd said:

People, it was a misprint in a book, it happens all the time and will be sorted. It’s the time of peace and goodwill, let’s go back to that.

This.  If people keep taking this off topic and throwing around personal insults then we’ll have to start giving out warnings - keep the debate civil and on topic please.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

If you are a healthy adult, good for you, however you can't relate your ability to understand death (yes even that of a pet) and cope with it to that of a small child with numerous potential different difficulties (intellectual, emotional or physical). 

I am technically still a child, and I do have my difficulties, so I actually can relate to an extent. My 10-year-old cousin (who suffers from autism) also lost a pet recently and yes, he was upset about it, but he wasn't 'going through hell.'

12 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I find your reaction a little disturbing to be honest.

I find your reaction pretty disturbing too, tbh. If you think losing a pet is 'hell', what would you say about kids that get sexually/emotionally/physically abused everyday by their own families, for example. I think it's extremely insensitive of you to refer to a minor trauma as 'hell.'

Edit: Just seen that there's another page of the thread. I agree, let's move on.

I don't think the point is whether losing a pet can be described as hell or not (which I'm sure it could depending on the child and their circumstances - which could include going through other even worse things in their lives at the same time) or whether there's worse things. It's that whether a child goes through hell over it or not doesn't hang on how quickly they can buy a particular book. 

But yeah the main point being this discussion doesn't need to be made personal.

• Like 1

Green Day, Twenty One Pilots, P!ATD have the most concert RSVPs

https://www.altpress.com/news/entry/bandsintown_year_in_live_music_2017#.Wj18zCgRdK8.twitter

Hear Christmas songs covered in the style of Green Day, Slipknot, more

https://www.altpress.com/news/entry/ten_second_songs_traditional_christmas_songs_cover

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What exactly is a concert RSVP?

I was thinking the same thing 😂 

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What exactly is a concert RSVP?

When Bandsintown emails you a concert notice, they have the option to say whether or not you plan on going.  I'm guessing that's what they meant.  I mainly know this because I got an email from them the other day saying Muse was coming to Chicago; they screwed up and put Muse's logo on a local art show.

The 9 best concerts of 2017

6. Green Day, March 25, Petersen Events Center.

Still proudly waving the punk-rock banner, the Bay Area band consistently puts on as entertaining a show as anybody.

My review began with: “Barely three minutes into Green Day’s set, Billie Joe Armstrong brought on stage the first teenage fan to do a little singing before instructing the young man to exit in the proper punk-rock fashion, with a headfirst stage dive. Security would hoist a few more fans on stage by Saturday night’s end, as part of an action-packed concert that offered a little of everything. There was plenty of pyro and a guitar giveaway, costumes, confetti and a medley of covers. Armstrong doused fans with a hose, fired free T-shirts into the Pete’s upper deck with a custom rifle and later led the crowd in a “Hey Jude” sing-along while flat on his back...”

Armstrong refreshingly encouraged fans to focus on the positive, not divisive politics, and insisted they take a break from snapping selfies or shaky-handed concert videos to truly watch the show. Opening act Against Me! turned in a rousing set, too.

http://www.timesonline.com/entertainmentlife/20171224/9-best-concerts-of-2017

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, desertrose said:

The 9 best concerts of 2017

6. Green Day, March 25, Petersen Events Center.

Still proudly waving the punk-rock banner, the Bay Area band consistently puts on as entertaining a show as anybody.

My review began with: “Barely three minutes into Green Day’s set, Billie Joe Armstrong brought on stage the first teenage fan to do a little singing before instructing the young man to exit in the proper punk-rock fashion, with a headfirst stage dive. Security would hoist a few more fans on stage by Saturday night’s end, as part of an action-packed concert that offered a little of everything. There was plenty of pyro and a guitar giveaway, costumes, confetti and a medley of covers. Armstrong doused fans with a hose, fired free T-shirts into the Pete’s upper deck with a custom rifle and later led the crowd in a “Hey Jude” sing-along while flat on his back...”

Armstrong refreshingly encouraged fans to focus on the positive, not divisive politics, and insisted they take a break from snapping selfies or shaky-handed concert videos to truly watch the show. Opening act Against Me! turned in a rousing set, too.

http://www.timesonline.com/entertainmentlife/20171224/9-best-concerts-of-2017

That was my first Green Day show! :dance:

• Like 3

little interview with Billie Joe's brother Allan

What is it like having Billy Joe Armstrong of Green Day as a brother?  Seeing him on stage and on TV is surreal to me. When we are together as a family it is just normal. I see a lot more of him out of the family realm and then it is surreal.  I make a lot of friends all over the world because of his fans' connection.

How do the Green Day fans find you? I answer that one on a youtube interview that I did.

https://patch.com/california/pinole-hercules/whos-who-in-pinole-alan-oller

• Love 1

^^^ That’s cool. I know he adopted like 14-16 kids I don’t know how he did it as a custodian but that partly explains Billie’s enormous family. I’m always fascinated by what it’s like for them seeing their baby brother as a big celebrity and then at home, etc.

Rock & Roll collector's items that benefit our award-winning community resources, including free education and conservation programs. Bidding on a guitar signed by 2017 Inductees, Slash's signed leather jacket and more ends 12/31: bit.ly/17-Auction

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News