Green Day to do a Reddit AMA Saturday at 5PM ET

manuelps

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/6/2016 at 7:13 PM, Hermione said:

The lyrics of the chorus would beg to differ :P 

The official lyric, according to the album lyric book, is a singular "wall." Even though he's clearly singing "walls." I give up. :mellow:

2 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

The official lyric, according to the album lyric book, is a singular "wall." Even though he's clearly singing "walls." I give up. :mellow:

It's a bald-faced lie!

Sorry for sounding old, but how does this work?  On the page the OP linked, people's questions and their answers will pop up? Isn't that difficult to follow along?

2 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Sorry for sounding old, but how does this work?  On the page the OP linked, people's questions and their answers will pop up? Isn't that difficult to follow along?

Honestly, I have NO idea. I've never used reddit and I feel technologically incompetent looking at it, too. But I want to participate! :lol:

@AlissaGoesRAWR Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. How Reddit works completely baffles me. The way the threads run seems extremely confusing. All I understand looking at the page linked is that a user named PavlovsVagina hopes that no one asks embarrassing questions. :lol:

EDIT: I figured it out, for us Reddit unsavvy folks: If you go on this page, a bunch of threads pop up: https://www.reddit.com/r/Music

A recent verified one is Rick Astley (lol). If you click on his, you'll see the questions and answers, and they don't seem quite as difficult to follow. I guess Green Day will have a similar verified thread tonight.

5 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

@AlissaGoesRAWR Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. How Reddit works completely baffles me. The way the threads run seems extremely confusing. All I understand looking at the page linked is that a user named PavlovsVagina hopes that no one asks embarrassing questions. :lol:

EDIT: I figured it out, for us Reddit unsavvy folks: If you go on this page, a bunch of threads pop up: https://www.reddit.com/r/Music

A recent verified one is Rick Astley (lol). If you click on his, you'll see the questions and answers, and they don't seem quite as difficult to follow. I guess Green Day will have a similar verified thread tonight.

I'm with you, I don't get reddit either

12 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Yes, it will be like that! Sorry if I didn't explain it well (or at all) haha

So what questions should we ask? I wonder if they'll go for the in-depth, well-thought-out ones or just the weird/funny ones like on Twitter.

They have great difficulty taking live social media things seriously. 

I want to know when the lyrics changed from "wall" to "walls." That's all I care about. 

Seriously though, I'd love to know more about THE BOW GUITAR. I want to know why he decided to use it and if it was difficult to learn. Ideally, if he has pictures of him playing the bow guitar, he needs to share. :lol:

ok so I made an account this morning for this, and I tried posting in a different thread and I got a notification from a bot that said "my post was removed because I'm under a day old".

Does this mean I can't post in the GD AMA thread? :(

Won't be home for this, if anyone wants to ask "If you could go back in time and pick a different name for the band, what would it be?"

2 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Sadly, yes. It's a stupid rule for all of the big subreddits.

Well shit. I guess I'm not participating then. I only just made an account today for this... :(

We need our longtime Reddit people to ask our questions for us!!! That really sucks.

I have a 3 year old Reddit account, I can post some of your questions, any suggestions?

I have an account from ages ago that I've never used, I can ask some of your questions too :) 

(I was however going to sign up as ifeellikeacello and I am very disappointed I can't)

If you're taking questions @Maria Gloria, I'd love to know what made Billie decide to use the bow guitar and how he went about learning a new technique. :)

I think we all want to know about the damn cello and why it's Bouncing Off the Wall with no "s." Those are from all of us. :P

After this AMA and Webster, I think we get a break in Green Day-related promo until Billie's on Watch What Happens Live appearance on the 11th (ok, and his talk about Ordinary World on the 10th). I am in love with this era and never want the promo to end, but a tiny break will be nice. I kinda need a nap after all of this!

yes, please ask Billie about the cello line, and what Nuclear Family's about, and what he was on during the Jaded in Chicago show! Ok maybe that last one's a little disrespectful, so not that one i guess :P

oh, and maybe ask who When I Come Around is about since it's not Adrienne

OK, we definitely all want to know what it's like to be a cello over the rainbow, so I'll be asking that :P Other stuff:

• Who/what is When I Come Around about?
  • What is Nuclear Family about?
  • How did you get into playing bow guitar and will you be playing it live?

I might also ask if they'll ever play some of the trilogy songs we haven't heard much or at all. Should probably leave it at those five for me so it's not saturated with questions from the same person, though I can see how it goes and ask more if they do loads. I have a feeling none of the answers are going to be serious :lol: 

My username is dracie, btw. (Which is a Beyblade character with one letter removed #responsibleadult)

Archived