Green Day to do a Reddit AMA Saturday at 5PM ET

manuelps

https://www.reddit.com/r/greenday/comments/566mk2/its_happening_green_day_scheduled_to_do_an_ama_on/ This was just posted on the bands subreddit, I don't know where did this info came from but it will be pretty interesting if it's actually true, I nevr pictured them using Reddit haha

EDIT: It's true, listed on /r/music sidebar

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, legendary said:

sorry if i'm not of this world, what's Reddit AMA?

AMA stands for "Ask me Anything", Green Day will be answering questions put out by the fans in a thread on Reddit

2 minutes ago, legendary said:

sorry if i'm not of this world, what's Reddit AMA?

So it's an Ask Me Anything. 

Users on Reddit leave questions on the specific thread. Green Day/Anyone who has the AMA that day will answer specific ones.

Holy crap! I've seen AMA Requests for them for years and have never thought it'd actually happen! Super excited about it!

Aren't they playing in NYC on Saturday? They'll just be chilling backstage in the venue answering questions while everyone is filing into the pit. :lol: 

Maybe we can convince them to play a better setlist for the show they'll be doing 2 hours later :lol:

I know I'll be asking them what the hell "cello lost somewhere over the rainbow" means. :lol: 

This is awesome cuz they aren't limited to 140 characters and can answer more profound questions!

I hope they're gonna take the time to answer a couple more questions than during the iHeart twitter takeover.

Man they are really doing the most in terms of promotion! I forgot they have such a wide presence since they didn't get to do much promo for the trilogy.

24 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I know I'll be asking them what the hell "cello lost somewhere over the rainbow" means. :lol: 

Billie will say "Sometimes things just come out when I write, I'm not sure what it means." Hahaha.

Their promo this time around is awesome. It's nothing too crazy or over the top, but they're getting great visibility. Good stuff.

This is so cool.  I remember when Larry Livermore did one.   Glad to see this.  Hope there are some good questions.  Glad to see all this promotion going on.

I went to that site and didnt' understand anything lol, hoping someone put the updates/answers here :lol:

Someone needs to ask why Bouncing Off the Wall is missing an 's' on the end :P 

I'm guessing they'll only answer the questions they want to answer.  Just like the iHeart twitter.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Someone needs to ask why Bouncing Off the Wall is missing an 's' on the end :P 

Because they were only bouncing off one wall, clearly :P 

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

Because they were only bouncing off one wall, clearly :P 

The lyrics of the chorus would beg to differ :P 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's super disappointing. They're playing a show right after, so they probably won't stick around long. Unfortunately most celebrities just answer the questions everyone already knows the answers to anyway. :( it would be nice to find out some new trivia about them though

5 minutes ago, greendepent said:

Someone should ask if they can drop KFAD and Hitchin for other songs :lol:

@Tinkle - this could be the start of a petition that they will see this time around ;) 

6 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

@Tinkle - this could be the start of a petition that they will see this time around ;) 

Words getting around:lol:

5 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Obviously, he left his cello behind in Oz.

Archived