07 - Still Breathing

Steven Seagull

Almost sure this is the last single before the album release, RR was released two weeks ago, and two weeks from now the album is released

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Z J said:

MY LOVE  MY LOVE  MY LOVE

They keep me warm :happy:

This is the top 5 poppiest thing GD has ever done and I can't wait to see how many people it pisses off. 

Pissing many people off already :happy: 

This is what I have for the lyrics so far. I am rather emotional so I may have several things wrong :P 

I'm like a child looking over the horizon
I'm like an ambulance turning on the sirens
Oh, I'm still alive

I'm like a solider coming home for the first time
I dodged a bullet and I walked across a landmine
Oh, I'm still alive

Am I bleeding?
Am I bleeding from the storm?
Just shine a light into the wreckage
So far away, away, away

'Cause I'm still breathing
'Cause I'm still breathing on my own
My head's above the rain and roses
Making my way, my way
Making my way, my way, my way to you

I'm like a junkie dying off for the last time
I'm like a loser that's betting on his last dime
Oh, I'm still alive

I'm like a son that was raised without a father
I'm like a mother barely keeping it together
Oh, I'm still alive

Am I bleeding?
Am I bleeding from the storm?
Just shine a light into the wreckage
So far away, away, away

Making my way, my way
Making my way, my way, my way

As I walk down all the ???
Are you scared to ????
I've been running all my life
(No idea what the next two lines are!)
All the truth that's in the message
Making my way, away, away

Making my way, my way
Making my way, my way, my way to you

e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-----10-------5--------6---------6--------3----------------------------|
D|-------(x16)----(x8)-----(x4)------(x4)-----(x8)----------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|-----9--------4--------6---------4--------2-----------------------------|

Here I tabbed out the intro part for anyone who wants to play. It took me a little bit but I think it's right

You're gonna have to work out the timing.. the bottom note constantly plays while the top note plays on every other beat

Wow, this song just made me cry. Yeah, it's very different from what they always do but oh god, the lyrics, it just simply hits you, "my head's above the rain and roses", since that interview with RS I haven't stop thinking of what he said and that was one of the reasons why I wanted to hear this song, and Billie's voice sounds so beautiful, I just want to give him a hug. Rev Rad it's gonna be so emotional, to me, at least. This song it's gonna be difficult to listen to on the bus :lol:

I haven't listened to it yet.. I've been so happy about them doing it more DIY and having Tim as a director of their video....and now they have collaborated with what!?? 

I still think that there is no more poppy than boulevard........or wmuwse .......or give me novocaine .....or waiting.......or time of your life.....or..........

every album you guys sounds like that. 

8 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

i think they are rushing the singles. that's just me. 

Well it's pretty much the norm for a while now, not just them :P 

I'm only pissed off because they marketed this as 11 bursts of rage and anger in troubled times and this song is almost the polar opposite.

Green Day can make all the pop they want. That's not why I dislike this song. I love some pop music, but this sounds generic.

I fucking love this song! Billie's vocals are clear and beautiful. The lyrics are really deep and meaningful. It's awesome. 

2 minutes ago, Stuart Peru said:

I still think that there is no more poppy than boulevard........or wmuwse .......or give me novocaine .....or waiting.......or time of your life.....or..........

every album you guys sounds like that. 

Thank you. I keep reading about how overly poppy it is and am thinking, "You've heard other Green Day before, right?" 

Billie has the most beautiful voice and this is not fangirl speaking. I'm so glad that he became musician. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

I'm only pissed off because they marketed this as 11 bursts of rage and anger in troubled times and this song is almost the polar opposite.

:lol: Non stop complaining!

What does it matter if it's poppy, anyway? It doesn't devalue the quality or emotion of the song. I'm glad Green Day don't think they're "above" writing a poppy song just because they're considered a rock/punk band.

I will enjoy watching the all the "punks" rage over something they don't have to listen to though :D 

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

:lol: Non stop complaining!

Not going to hear that from someone whose sole output on GDC is bitching about GDC.

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

Green Day can make all the pop they want. That's not why I dislike this song. I love some pop music, but this sounds generic.

You said the same about War. You can't write a generic song with a message so personal like this. If any song sounds generic/not personal it's Bang Bang.

Just now, Steven Seagull said:

You said the same about War. You can't write a generic song with a message so personal like this. If any song sounds generic/not personal it's Bang Bang.

With this and War I'm mostly talking about the music. The lyrics here are alright.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

Not going to hear that from someone whose sole output on GDC is bitching about GDC.

:lol: I rather promote being open to many things than to be soooooooooo close-minded.

I totally understand why people are taken aback or aren't fans of it. When people didn't like a song like RevRad I was a bit confused, because that was so, SO Green Day in its purest form that I couldn't understand how people could think otherwise. But people have reason to be skeptical of this one. It IS rather unexpected, particularly from the, "We just wanted to be Green Day" idea—if you take that to mean "Let's do our typical sound." But the fact that they try new things and sample different genres and stretch themselves is what makes them stand apart from a lot of other rock bands that crank out the same stuff year after year. To me, it's what makes them who they are. Trying out a sound they've never tried before is TOTALLY Green Day. 

I respect the opinions of those who don't like it and understand where they're coming from, but damn. This song goes straight through my heart.

Just now, Eric said:

:lol: I rather promote being open to many things than to be soooooooooo close-minded.

I'm very open minded. Complaining about a song being generic is completely unrelated to open-mindedness.

Wow, this was not what I expected to hear. I didn't like the beginning on the first listen, but the whole song's already growing on me. I can't deal when Billie sings "my head's above the rain and roses". It's going to be even better and a lot more powerful live imo.

10 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

where exactly is this marketing? 

Archived