Green Day POSTPONES 3 Tour Days, cancels Toronto show

Lindsay

15 minutes ago, Justin said:

Don't give a fuck if it wasn't their show or not, 95% of people would have bought tickets for Toronto just to see them. Not rescheduling or getting refunds is a shit move by the band. Basically saying "not my problem blame the NHL"

It's not really their event the NHL are the ones who booked the venue handled the tickets etc unlike the other shows it's on the NHL to refund the tickets to the people where as the other shows are GD's responsibility and said the other shows will be taken care of 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

It's not really their event the NHL are the ones who booked the venue handled the tickets etc unlike the other shows it's on the NHL to refund the tickets to the people where as the other shows are GD's responsibility and said the other shows will be taken care of 

Sorry Tim but saying it's not their responsibility is basically saying that for your wedding you order a band to play, you invite all your friends and the band cancel a couple days before. They just say "well it's your wedding not a gig for us". 

You're right about the NHL should take accountability of the refunds but the band should plan or make some statement on how they plan on making it up to fans. Most of us have lost money on our accommodation and travel. That's hundreds of dollars just wasted.

13 minutes ago, Andres said:

Sent an email to their manager just so we can confirm and told them people were waiting for something official on their site. 

Got it confirmed. Press release should be going up on the official site soon. Sorry guys :(

7 minutes ago, Justin said:

Sorry Tim but saying it's not their responsibility is basically saying that for your wedding you order a band to play, you invite all your friends and the band cancel a couple days before. They just say "well it's your wedding not a gig for us". 

Sigh I hate when people who don't know how booking works try to speak like they do...

again Toronto wasn't their show it was apart of the whole NHL thing meaning NHL paid the group the band doesn't get ticket sale money didn't have to pay for the venue so tell me exactly how is it GD responsibility to refund tickets they didn't get money for and didn't invest in? 

To use a scenario likes yours it'd be like you paying for a band to perform at my wedding and they cancel and pay back the money to ME instead of you 

I'm sure when the band actually books the full world tour I'm sure they'll do something on their own for Toronto but right now they were only doing Toronto cause of the NHL deal 

:cry: No! This sucks! I hope they all get well soon! Maybe I can get to another show. I'll see.

1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

Sigh I hate when people who don't know how booking works try to speak like they do...

again Toronto wasn't their show it was apart of the whole NHL thing meaning NHL paid the group the band doesn't get ticket sale money didn't have to pay for the venue so tell me exactly how is it GD responsibility to refund tickets they didn't get money for and didn't invest in? 

The difference a pure and simple one is that, as s band you have a ton of followers and people who invest money in you. Countless bands who have had to cancel events take a hit financially as a way of apologising to fans. I saw RATM for free 6 years ago. It's called putting your money where your mouth is and making it up to fans who have been left out of pocket. 

The day when the band make minimum wage like many people who bought tickets to see their favourite band do is the day I'll say they shouldn't repay the favour. 

Your idealistic approach is great but when you're the one who lost hundreds of dollars come back to me and repeat your opinions.

Damn, that really sucks. A lot of people booked flights and hotels that can't be cancelled. I do wish the band a speedy recovery, and I hope they do something extra special for the people they had to cancel on. 

1 minute ago, Justin said:

The difference a pure and simple one is that, as s band you have a ton of followers and people who invest money in you. Countless bands who have had to cancel events take a hit financially as a way of apologising to fans. I saw RATM for free 6 years ago. It's called putting your money where your mouth is and making it up to fans who have been left out of pocket. 

The day when the band make minimum wage like many people who bought tickets to see their favourite band do is the day I'll say they shouldn't repay the favour. 

Your idealistic approach is great but when you're the one who lost hundreds of dollars come back to me and repeat your opinions.

you know that the schedules are tight with venues, and if there's a cancellation the venues really cannot make up for it at that time, and if they give refunds they lose out on paying THEIR employees. it's economics 101. 

2 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

you know that the schedules are tight with venues, and if there's a cancellation the venues really cannot make up for it at that time, and if they give refunds they lose out on paying THEIR employees. it's economics 101. 

That's not even close to econ101 but sure 

Just now, Demon!Dean said:

All sensible venues have insurance for exactly these kinds of events.  Insurance is also offered to fans when they buy tickets.  Not saying it makes anything better, but there are things in place to help everyone deal with the financial side of cancellation.  Doesn't help disappointment though.

1 minute ago, Second favourite son said:

All sensible venues have insurance for exactly these kinds of events.  Insurance is also offered to fans when they buy tickets.  Not saying it makes anything better, but there are things in place to help everyone deal with the financial side of cancellation.  Doesn't help disappointment though.

I couldn't get insurance for my ticket because something on the site malfunctionend. :S I pray that my show in January won't be cancelled for whatever reason, that would s u c k 

Does anyone know if we will get first choice on tickets for the new dates? Or am I just gonna have to get super fucking lucky again?

Fuck this sucks. I hope they get better.

1 minute ago, XxXxXxXxX said:

Does anyone know if we will get first choice on tickets for the new dates? Or am I just gonna have to get super fucking lucky again?

Your tickets will still be valid

So sorry for everyone.  I know everyone was just so very excited.  Hope they make up the dates soon and add a Toronto show in the mix (and let everyone use those tickets somehow).

I don't know if that's official but GDA's article about this says tickets for Toronto will be refunded.

Just now, XxXxXxXxX said:

Tickets will be honoured at make-up dates.  I.e. If you have a ticket for one of the postponed shows, it's valid for the rearranged one too.

4 minutes ago, XxXxXxXxX said:

If I understood correctly your ticket will be valid for the new date

Schedule permitting, Green Day will make up all dates but Toronto, and tickets will be honored at the new dates. 

Archived