Revolution Radio Promotion and Commercial Performance

Dakke

1 hour ago, legendary said:

Seems a bit weird, Green Day hasn't yet perform Bang Bang live on any TV show... and promotion works only for some magazines interviews

I feel like promotion won't begin until it is closer to the album release date. If they perform now or back when Bang Bang was first released and say "buy our album that comes out in October" people will probably forget. I imagine that after the release of a second single, we should start seeing some TV performances

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, xXRustyJamesXx said:

I hope they won't release a ballad as a second single...

I hope they don't release Ordinary World as a second single... Or a third, fourth or fifth single. That song is just "meh" to me

1 minute ago, MysticManiac said:

I hope they don't release Ordinary World as a second single... Or a third, fourth or fifth single. That song is just "meh" to me

I have a feeling that the version released on the album will have a few changes and revisions from the live performance.

I think Ordinary World has the potential to do really well as a single. Depends on what they did with it on the album I guess... 

it's a decent song but nothing too special..

I hope there are better songs on the record...

10 hours ago, ZSebs said:

You're right, but i think with Oh Love and other singles was different. I remember TV performances, but just do not remember if it was after album or single  the release.

5 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

^what funny language is that? Lemme guess: Portugese? 

"funny language".

10 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

I don't think it's fair to judge a song from one solo live performance at the end of a set. If you look at the song from a lyrical and melodic standpoint, it's pretty great imo.. And I think a studio version with the addition of other instruments (presumably), it has potential to be pretty epic.

10 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

I don't think it's fair to judge a song from one solo live performance at the end of a set. If you look at the song from a lyrical and melodic standpoint, it's pretty great imo.. And I think a studio version with the addition of other instruments (presumably), it has potential to be pretty epic.

yeah considering the way we got it (solo, live acoustic), I agree the song has a lot of potential. I think it's a perfect example of how good Billie is at turning nothing in to a wonderful melody. "Ordinary Wooo-ooorld" Remember Good Riddance had those epic strings added late, and that really did make the studio version special. I'm excited to hear the finished product. 

Ordinary World is a much better song than Devils Kind.  

I think they are going to do alot with the song.  I've said this before, but it is potentially a perfect song for the ending of Revolution Radio.  They are ending an album about the chaos in the world with a song about how the little things in life are what is important.  As long as it doesn't come off sappy, it could be a freakin' brilliant ending.   

3 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

That was last weeks chart, the new one isn't up yet

Oh :lol: well, it was up 8 places from the week before then! :P when does the new one come out?

Edit: Ah, wiki: "The charts are updated the following Tuesday, but dated the Saturday a further week (i.e. 11 days) later." So it will be updated today!

1 minute ago, Jenn123 said:

Oh :lol: well, it was up 8 places from the week before then! :P when does the new one come out?

I thought they changed them every Monday, but I guess not

Billboard: The week of September 10

Top Rock Song: #16

Rock Airplay: #5

Rock Digital Songs: #33

Alternative Songs: #7

Mainstream Rock Songs: #1

So will the song most likely do better after the music video is released?

13 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

So will the song most likely do better after the music video is released?

Should do.  It'll be another way people can be exposed to the song, and will reach the music video TV consumers, as well as the YouTube consumers in a different, more effective way.  A good video will skyrocket the song's popularity, even a poor video wouldn't do any harm.

How do people expect it to be a hit single or something? What it gets now is what it deserves. And that doesn't mean it's a bad song it's just aggressive and not catchy. Don't come to me with the "i have the line _____ stuck in my head for days". Of course you do. You're a die hard green day or rock in general fan. In the music world we live this song has no chorus and is not catchy. With that in mind I really do believe green day don't really care how good they chart. Sure they wanna get their message heard but it's not like they really care about topping charts and winning awards. Been there, done that. Twice actually. With ten years in between.

4 minutes ago, petros said:

How do people expect it to be a hit single or something? What it gets now is what it deserves. And that doesn't mean it's a bad song it's just aggressive and not catchy. Don't come to me with the "i have the line _____ stuck in my head for days". Of course you do. You're a die hard green day or rock in general fan. In the music world we live this song has no chorus and is not catchy. With that in mind I really do believe green day don't really care how good they chart. Sure they wanna get their message heard but it's not like they really care about topping charts and winning awards. Been there, done that. Twice actually. With ten years in between.

This is absolutely a possibility.  Maybe they just don't care how it peforms.

3 minutes ago, petros said:

I sure as hell do not expect this to be a hit. You would be wasting time researching just let it be.

17 minutes ago, petros said:

It has a catchy chorus, though.

Archived