Green Day at Tribeca - Full Performance

DookieLukie

1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

What song was cut from what recording?

He said Devils kind was cut from periscope. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Not the full song, just the first part of it.

2 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Oh ok, it was just cut from Periscope, he played the whole song in person.  

12 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Oh ok, it was just cut from Periscope, he played the whole song in person.  

Bitch?

4 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Bitch?

I could say I'm sorry, but that would mean I'm lying and I don't like to lie.

Just now, JJ1964 said:

I could say I'm sorry, but that would mean I'm lying and I don't like to lie.

I get it???

11 hours ago, thatdude03 said:

Ordinary World

Where can I find the city of shining light

In an ordinary world

How can I leave the buried treasure behind  

In an ordinary world

Baby I don’t got much

But what we have is more than enough

Ordinary world

What would you wish if you saw a shooting star

In an ordinary world

I walked to end of the earth and afar

In an ordinary world

Baby I don’t have much

But we have is more than enough

Ordinary world

What would you wish if you saw a shooting star

In an ordinary world

11 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

Does anyone have the Ordinary World lyrics yet?

2 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

If those lyrics are accurate (and they sound like they roughly are) then (like that woeful Christmas song) I sincerely hope they are in no way representative of the quality of lyrics we can hope to expect from the new record :ermm:

6 minutes ago, st_trillie said:

If those lyrics are accurate (and they sound like they roughly are) then (like that woeful Christmas song) I sincerely hope they are in no way representative of the quality of lyrics we can hope to expect from the new record :ermm:

that's just an "Ordinary" song! :) 

I've said this several times already, but Ordinary World was written for the movie.  It was written to fit the context of the movie, not to be representative of the next Green Day sound.  I know it is hard to understand, but it fit the context of the movie perfectly.  I feel it 100% accomplished what it was intended to do.  I really got the feeling that Billie wasn't really happy with it as a stand alone song, but that he had to come up with something that fit the directors vision for the movie.  I really don't think we can look at any of these songs as an indication of Album 12.  He was asked to write songs for a movie and the songs had to be representative of what the director wanted, not necessarily what he did.   

16 hours ago, Todd said:

Were the song titles in the movie at all? Do you know the title of this song at 4:33?

16 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

I don't actually recall hearing all the songs they listed in the credits.  They even listed a SWMRS song and Jakob's King for A Day.  The only two songs I remember in the actual film wre Devils Kind and ORdinary World.  They played another song in the credits, but I don't know the name.

That is actually a good question for the others there, did you hear all the songs they listed in the credits?   There were tons of them.  

So sorry, I don't know the name.  

The song at the end of the credits was called "Body Bag". But that is definitely not the song in the youtube video. There was another song played by L.E.S. Skunks (Billie's character's fictional band) in the film that was not sung by Billie Joe, and I am wondering if this was it. It's hard to compare between Billie singing it and someone else (please feel free to correct me though, if someone else knows what that song at the party was). Unfortunately, I didn't catch the name of that one either. And then there was the song that Salome sings at the end, which I assume is called "Unsatisfied".  There were quite a few other points in the film that had music cues where you really only heard the instrumentation without vocals, including one point where Billie was playing guitar into headphones, so this could've been one of those songs also.

All in all, there were 4 songs played in full on the film (5, if you count the brief anti-swearing ditty LOL), plus "Body Bag" in the credits. "Devil's Kind" and "Ordinary World" were the two most prominent ones, as they each appeared twice in the film, and they were also the only two that Billie actually sang himself, but all of the songs would've still been credited to Billie for having written them (except for Joey's and Jakob's of course). 

4 minutes ago, Akshat Jain said:

that's just an "Ordinary" song! :) 

Ha! But actually it's a crap song :lol:

3 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I've said this several times already, but Ordinary World was written for the movie.  It was written to fit the context of the movie, not to be representative of the next Green Day sound.  I know it is hard to understand, but it fit the context of the movie perfectly.  I feel it 100% accomplished what it was intended to do.  I really got the feeling that Billie wasn't really happy with it as a stand alone song, but that he had to come up with something that fit the directors vision for the movie.  I really don't think we can look at any of these songs as an indication of Album 12.  He was asked to write songs for a movie and the songs had to be representative of what the director wanted, not necessarily what he did.   

Fair enough it possibly fits in with the movie but alone it really does have God awful lyrics which is becoming a worrying trend :lol:

1 minute ago, st_trillie said:

Fair enough it possibly fits in with the movie but alone it really does have God awful lyrics which is becoming a worrying trend :lol:

Actually no it isn't.  It is very subjective if something is crap lyrics.  You may not like some of the lyrics that he has written but that doesn't mean everyone does.  And again, he even said that they had several meetings for this song and what he came up with is what Lee Kirk wanted for the film.  I heard it from his own two lips.   What he wrote worked for what was essentially a sappy, family oriented film. 

5 minutes ago, st_trillie said:

Still better than "Troublemaker" tho :P

What do you all mean when you say that Devil's Kind sounds like the Trilogy? I'm not getting this because in the Trilogy there's very different types of songs, or if you're talking about the sound, where you hear that is in a studio recording. But those guitar rhythms and the vocal line don't sound very much like the Trilogy songs to me. When I first heard it I didn't know if it was a cover or a song he wrote for the film (I actually posted this in the thread we were following that night), as the song went on I could hear some of Billie's lyrics and melodies and I supposed it was his, but I don't think it's the "typical" Green Day song. I'd be happy if it went onto the new album and made it as a single, I really like the music! I can't say anything about the lyrics because I can't really understand them, if someone could try to write them here it'd be great... but anyway, you know what? I'm going to make my own provisional lyrics so I can sing to it! I hate not knowing.

This is for you to stop saying bad things about Billie's songwriting! :lol:  Here it goes:

Bill shainings and singing lips

The boiling is in the parket

I'm looking for a train and it bounds to go my home

Give me a wondana would flow 

It whispered dirty lies

Around you in your ears 

Never bold identify

[Put your eyes in your papermint

We can walk down, track my devil

Give me one last time for her to nile

I'll be the king forever

You can be my side-y / second shine

We are the devil's kind (x3)

And now I'm all back down

Now I'm all back down]

Hurry on the devil's kind.

Singing in single water

In hope really found a slaughter

Because I got no shames, 

they aren't so petrified

[The papermint part and the chorus again] 

Genius :woot:

4 hours ago, st_trillie said:

Billie seems to like lyrics with a recurring verse, they annoy me a bit but well, it's only a resource for his songwriting, it's not like he's going to use it all the time. 

3 hours ago, gerardsangel4977 said:

And then there was the song that Salome sings at the end, which I assume is called "Unsatisfied". 

That's a song by The Replacements :) 

13 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

What do you all mean when you say that Devil's Kind sounds like the Trilogy? I'm not getting this because in the Trilogy there's very different types of songs, or if you're talking about the sound, where you hear that is in a studio recording. But those guitar rhythms and the vocal line don't sound very much like the Trilogy songs to me. When I first heard it I didn't know if it was a cover or a song he wrote for the film (I actually posted this in the thread we were following that night), as the song went on I could hear some of Billie's lyrics and melodies and I supposed it was his, but I don't think it's the "typical" Green Day song. I'd be happy if it went onto the new album and made it as a single, I really like the music! I can't say anything about the lyrics because I can't really understand them, if someone could try to write them here it'd be great... but anyway, you know what? I'm going to make my own provisional lyrics so I can sing to it! I hate not knowing. This is for you to stop saying bad things about Billie's songwriting! :lol:  Here it goes:

Billie seems to like lyrics with a recurring verse, they annoy me a bit but well, it's only a resource for his songwriting, it's not like he's going to use it all the time. 

That's a song by The Replacements :) 

Ahhh, thanks! I didn't realize. I assumed it was supposed to be one of his, not only because she said her dad had taught it to her, but because she said that it was about him. And I definitely missed the song credit for The Replacements in the end credits. I guess maybe she just meant she associated the song with her father and his mindset. 

And I agree with you about Devil's Kind: I don't think it sounds like the Trilogy at all! :ermm: It doesn't even sound particularly like a Green Day song, apart from Billie's vocals.

As for the lyrics, here's what I can make out so far:

______  stains and cigarettes

_____ is in my pocket

I'm looking for a drink

And a couch to call my own

Give me ______________

And whisper dirty lies

A rapture in your ear

And we'll both be terrified

Bloodshot eyes and _________

We can roll our dice (?) at the devil

Gimme one last shot for a _____ tonight

I'll be your king forever

And you can be my sunshine

We are the devil's kind

We are the devil's kind

We are the devil's kind

And now I won't back down

No, I won't back down

_______ the devil's kind

Take me into the water

And pull me from the slaughter (?)

Because I've got the shakes

And I'm so petrified

Bloodshot eyes _______

We can roll our dice (?) at the devil

Give me one last shot for a _____ tonight

I'll be your king forever

And you can be my second sign (?)

We are the devil's kind

We are the devil's kind

We are the devil's kind

I said I won't back down

We are the devil's kind

We are the devil's kind

We are the devil's kind

I said I won't back down

_______ the devil's....

Hope that helps! Feel free to fill in the blanks :lol:

I didn't hate Devil's Kind at all.
One could definitely get into the song (it seemed like many did when they performed).
Honestly, hearing Billie's vocals that loud in the film on that song was simply beautiful. And then in person... just hearing him on stage was great.
I know people have stated their worry after seeing pics of him on the red carpet, but I think Billie looked fine on stage. He looked content and as if he were enjoying himself. I mean, it is a stage and he's performing and that's more or less where he feels the most natural, as opposed to being on red carpets and the like.

2 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

One could definitely get into the song (it seemed like many did when they performed).
Honestly, hearing Billie's vocals that loud in the film on that song was simply beautiful. And then in person... just hearing him on stage was great.
I know people have stated their worry after seeing pics of him on the red carpet, but I think Billie looked fine on stage. He looked content and as if he were enjoying himself. I mean, it is a stage and he's performing and that's more or less where he feels the most natural, as opposed to being on red carpets and the like.

There's nothing wrong with the song. It would work just fine live. His vocals were so good on the live recording in it.

I heard nothing about the red carpet thing, however he looked fine from the pictures of it that i've seen.

1 hour ago, JJ1964 said:

Actually no it isn't.  It is very subjective if something is crap lyrics.  You may not like some of the lyrics that he has written but that doesn't mean everyone does.  And again, he even said that they had several meetings for this song and what he came up with is what Lee Kirk wanted for the film.  I heard it from his own two lips.   What he wrote worked for what was essentially a sappy, family oriented film. 

I never said everyone had to agree with my opinion. I'm positive they won't. I'm certain there are plenty of people who love the trilogy while I think it is a steaming pile of crap. Opinions are like that, they vary. I don't care how many meetings Billie went to regarding the song or what the intention behind it was, it's cliché, boring, ridiculously repetitive and has some major clangers like

"I walked to end of the earth AND afar"

so if that's the best he could come up with given a particular brief it's pretty lame. That is MY opinion.

16 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

I thought he sounded fantastic and looked fantastic on stage.  Even hubby, who is not a GD fan at all thought he sounded great on stage.  Someone said that he looked nervous, I didn't get that at all.  I thought he was perfectly at ease.

Archived