Jason Freese says huge tour starting in September in radio interview

jon18

2 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

can someone pls sum up what just happened?

1) Some student radio posted a phone interview with Jason.
2) Student asked Jason about him and his plans with Green Day. He replied stating that the new album is "half way done, we are rehearsing all summer for a huge world tour starting in September." And quickly changed subjects.
3) I posted it on GDA and then we quickly received an email from the band's management asking to take it down since it's not entirely accurate.
4) Here we are.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Liam said:

A radio show interviewed Jason Freese and asked about the new album. He says it's coming soon along with a world tour. Shortly after GDA posted the news, their management made them take down the news and also got the soundcloud file removed.

thanks! well i guess we will get an official announcement very soon! cant wait for this! its been too long since the last albums .. i'll better start to safe my money for shows now haha :dance:

i still believe we wont get touring until 2017. and for the album i dont think were gonna get it until at least august or september. 

Basically, two things can be iaccuate - they are not as far with the album or the tour is just a concept and they don't have the dates yet.

I'm pretty sure they don't want to rush the recording process. They probably are already planning ahead to get everything done by the time promotion for the new album is starting to get on. But like others already have said on here, things might shift as time goes by. It's not right to get people anticipated for something that might not yet happen until they can officially say that it is.

19 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Basically, two things can be iaccuate - they are not as far with the album or the tour is just a concept and they don't have the dates yet.

Not entirely accurate could simply mean that they didn't want Jason to say anything

1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

Not entirely accurate could simply mean that they didn't want Jason to say anything

I'm the one that said it wasn't entirely accurate. I don't want to quote what I was told directly without permission, so  you shouldn't read tea leaves on my phrasing. 

1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

I'd say this was right. Management were very quick to react...

7 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I'm the one that said it wasn't entirely accurate. I don't want to quote what I was told directly without permission, so  you shouldn't read tea leaves on my phrasing. 

I don't understand what you're saying here. You made up that it wasn't accurate? Can you clarify?

Someone call Jeff's radio show on Friday we need a snarky remark from him about this.  

well im kinda confusing, not sure if i should freak out because of the "massive world tour planing and album coming" because it isnt offically confirmed yet...so ill keep calm,

but i must confess im a bit happy :ga:

This made my night!

6 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

Someone call Jeff's radio show on Friday we need a snarky remark from him about this.  

Jeff is probably watching poor Jason be tarred and feathered for his slip-up right now. He ain't gonna say shit. 

2 minutes ago, LisaBJA said:

well im kinda confusing, not sure if i should freak out because of the "massive world tour planing and album coming" because it isnt offically confirmed yet...so ill keep calm,

but i must confess im a bit happy :ga:

This made my night!

I know, right? Somethings up. My teenage son said this is all planned...the leak, the spread of it on social media, and the reaction from management. I don't know much myself but this kid lives on social media so maybe he's onto something!

I got a job the same day as Mr Freese starts talking about tours. Time to start saving. 

Of course it's happening. It's a legit sign. 

Green Day will have to call Mistress Simone back to the studio to punish Jason for his slip-up Network.png.23330736e417d89e3f910407d711

4 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

I know, right? Somethings up. My teenage son said this is all planned...the leak, the spread of it on social media, and the reaction from management. I don't know much myself but this kid lives on social media so maybe he's onto something!

From a publicity standpoint, it's great. 
People have been speculating for a while now,
And they (management or something along those lines) probably knew an interview was going to be done beforehand.
It's not so farfetched that they waited until people found about the interview and then took it down because now people are left wondering: why , generating more talk , more speculation, and more hype. 

They know what they're doing-both to us, and on the business side of things.

21 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I don't understand what you're saying here. You made up that it wasn't accurate? Can you clarify?

I'm summarizing what I was told. and basically, some part of it wasn't accurate. That's all. 

10 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

Nah I don't think so. It's easy for people to make those assumptions but I don't think there's truth to it. 

There's a lesson learnt. Don't tell the truth until people above you let you, kids!

it seems like we're gunna get some politically charged songs on this album, so really an August/September release (or earlier) is probably what they're shooting for, get the message out before the elections, so i could definitely see some shows being played in sept/october

I wonder what kind of authority would they have on Soundcloud to make the person take down the interview? Did it have Green Day songs played on it or was it common agreement? 

Anyway, from a communicative point of view (as I study advertising) I think it was the right call from their management to ask to take it down, if they're working on a release plan. This unpretentious statement from Jason could screw up months and months of planed anticipation and a structural marketing plan. For instance I recall they announced 21CB on 2009's Grammys. What if it happened back then? It was planned that they would announce it that exactly day, with that huge audience. 

Also he was way too specific talking about September. This could easily change in the blink of an eye. That's why official statements are important and the band is not officially talking about it. Pictures don't officially say anything. They're being smart as fuck and I hate it. :P

Yeah right green days management because if the info wasn't true you'd have a problem with it and ask for it to dissappear :shifty:

2 hours ago, Otávio Vidal said:

I wonder what kind of authority would they have on Soundcloud to make the person take down the interview? Did it have Green Day songs played on it or was it common agreement? 

Anyway, from a communicative point of view (as I study advertising) I think it was the right call from their management to ask to take it down, if they're working on a release plan. This unpretentious statement from Jason could screw up months and months of planed anticipation and a structural marketing plan. For instance I recall they announced 21CB on 2009's Grammys. What if it happened back then? It was planned that they would announce it that exactly day, with that huge audience. 

Also he was way too specific talking about September. This could easily change in the blink of an eye. That's why official statements are important and the band is not officially talking about it. Pictures don't officially say anything. They're being smart as fuck and I hate it. :P

How did they announce it at the Grammy's? I forgot.

Wonder if Green Day will have a new touring saxophone/keyboardist on this "fall tour."

I have to imagine Jason may be in some deep shit if he spilled the beans on anything, especially with how closely guarded everything has been of late.

Archived