Jason Freese says huge tour starting in September in radio interview

jon18

2 hours ago, tdlyon said:

To the people saying the DJ could have advanced notice of a new single, would they really already have knowledge on something coming out like late June/early July in the beginning of March?

RJ*..

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Akshat Jain said:

RJ*..

which is also called a DJ as well...

3 hours ago, LizTheRusher said:

Just FYI, I'm in love with your profile picture. Also, I'm a long time fan of Green Day (started liking them when I was 8 or 9) but I'm a complete noob to these forums (or any other types of forums for that matter, never been a big Reddit/Tumblr type) and can't seem to figure out how to change my profile picture from my iPad. Will I have to log onto a computer?

Thanks, I made a similar face when I heard the DJ say that

For the profile pic just click on your profile and where the empty pic is click on the little box in the corner and either upload from your computer or paste a URL

48 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

which is also called a DJ as well...

Thanks, but don't forget! "Kill The Djs" :)

So my station replied saying they don't have any information about a release yet and will let the world know as soon as they have any.

Well, I guess I'll join in on the fun as well. Just emailed a local station that I've heard an increase of GD music being played. We'll see what they say...

My guess is that even if a radio station knows anything, they are not going to say it right now.  They know what happened to to poor Jason.  

No increase of Green Day here :mellow: I haven't listened to my usual rock station for some time though. 

For the first time in my life, I am going to attempt to see Green Day on their next tour. This fall would be excellent!

I've also been hearing a lot of Green Day on the radio here. Mostly Brain Stew, WICA, and Longview. Once I heard Brain Stew about a year ago with my friend who's an equally big fan, we joked about Jaded coming on after it and long behold.. I never thought I'd hear anything that punk on the radio. 

42 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

I've also been hearing a lot of Green Day on the radio here. Mostly Brain Stew, WICA, and Longview. Once I heard Brain Stew about a year ago with my friend who's an equally big fan, we joked about Jaded coming on after it and long behold.. I never thought I'd hear anything that punk on the radio. 

I heard Brain Stew/Jaded the other night on my local rock station and I was shocked! I'd never heard Jaded on the radio before, it was a cool surprise.

The local rock station here used to do the medley a lot. I haven't listened in a while though, don't know if they still play both of them. But it was always a fun treat!

• 2 months later...

Is it possible that Green Day would play Riot Fest this year? As it's rumoured they're starting the tour in September and September is when Riot happens (2-4 in Denver and 16-18 in Chicago). They never played it before and it's a kind of festival where they would fit in very well? I wonder why they never played there, maybe someone can give an answer to this, but they seem to bring both small and big bands so I can't see why Green Day wouldn't be an option. 

They're announcing part of the lineup tomorrow so I hope! Sorry, I don't know the day I live in, today it's May 12th and they announced Misfits, but it says "FULL 2016 LINEUP COMING SOON. VERY SOON." ! 

8 hours ago, sara_gd said:

Is it possible that Green Day would play Riot Fest this year? As it's rumoured they're starting the tour in September and September is when Riot happens (2-4 in Denver and 16-18 in Chicago). They never played it before and it's a kind of festival where they would fit in very well? I wonder why they never played there, maybe someone can give an answer to this, but they seem to bring both small and big bands so I can't see why Green Day wouldn't be an option. 

They're announcing part of the lineup tomorrow so I hope! Sorry, I don't know the day I live in, today it's May 12th and they announced Misfits, but it says "FULL 2016 LINEUP COMING SOON. VERY SOON." ! 

The fuzz will probably pull our posts but I thought he said "leave" not "start" the tour - perhaps that's the part that wasn't quite true?

2 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

The fuzz will probably pull our posts but I thought he said "leave" not "start" the tour - perhaps that's the part that wasn't quite true?

Oh we're not supposed to post here? I thought it was the thread where my thought fit better. It's a rumour that the tour is starting in September anyway, regardless on how the rumour started. 

What do you mean "leaving" in September? 

18 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

Oh we're not supposed to post here? I thought it was the thread where my thought fit better. It's a rumour that the tour is starting in September anyway, regardless on how the rumour started. 

Nothing wrong with talking about it here, management just asked Andres to take the GDA post down. There's no problem with it being discussed on GDC it isn't a "news site" like GDA. This is just pure speculation over a comment :)

3 hours ago, sara_gd said:

What do you mean "leaving" in September? 

I wasn't being serious - just suggesting leaving meaning leaving the US not starting the tour as in touring in the US. 

2 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

I wasn't being serious - just suggesting leaving meaning leaving the US not starting the tour as in touring in the US. 

Ahh I see. Well leaving could be leaving their houses to go on tour :lol:

18 hours ago, sara_gd said:

Green Day at Riot Fest this year seems like a nice fit. We can only hope!

• 2 months later...

Published on Aug 11, 2016

On February 27, 2016 Jason Freese, a musician who records and tours with Green Day, did an interview with me on my show, Kat's Cadenza, on KUGR Cougar College Radio. During this interview, he about Green Day's upcoming album and tour which no one knew about yet! The same day, I had posted this interview on Sound Cloud, but eventually took it down at the request of management. NOW that Green Day has officially announced the album, I have reposted it for your enjoyment!

Archived