Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

14 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

assuming there's not going to be an announcement in the next two hours, this is going to be a very looooooooong five days away for me:runaround:

Most likely even more than 5 days until there's an announcement.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Mary711 said:

Most likely even more than 5 days until there's an announcement.

I though won't know what's going on for 5 days, so for all i'll know this could be 5 days before an announcement. One never knows;)

5 hours ago, Liam said:

Your source?

No, I just wanted to quote somebody who says releasing the album on October, 7th is possible.

7 minutes ago, steve46 said:

No, I just wanted to quote somebody who says releasing the album on October, 7th is possible.

And so is every other Friday the rest of this year.

I'm on youtube watching reviews of Good Charlotte's new album and I'm hearing a lot of the same thing as I did about Blink-182.    "John Feldmann, stop putting WHOA OH OH's in EVERY FREAKING SONG YOU PRODUCE!!!!!   If Billie Joe is trying to destroy the term pop punk, it's like this Feldmann guy is doing the opposite and trying to turn quality rock bands into pop stars.   Blink, Charlotte - kick that guy out of the studio and write what's in your heart.   I'm really starting to dislike him.  I understand that they are trying to get the bands I love back into the mainstream and its difficult to write great rock songs and be heard.    It can be done.  I won't pull out the "sell out" card, because honestly that's a dumb argument.  Selling out is what artists want.  Selling out is making money from doing what you love and that's a positive thing.    But there ain't nothing positive OR heartfelt about "whoa oh oh, na na na na na" and whether your a 12 year old girl or a 40 year old man - it just makes you sound like you have no brain.   I'm down for one or two "Hey oh's", and Bad Religion has the market cornered on Oooooz and Aaaaaaz but other than that, Billie needs to forget destroying pop punk and get to murdering some "Whoa's".     Just send Tre Cool to John Feldmann's house, knock some sense into him.      

KEEP JOHN FELDMAN AWAY FROM GREEN DAY.   Whoa Oh Oh THAT!

^Yeah John Feldmann sucks. When someone suggested him to produce GD earlier it must've been sarcasm (I hope).

21 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

^Yeah John Feldmann sucks. When someone suggested him to produce GD earlier it must've been sarcasm (I hope).

I said nothing of the sort 

Btw, remember like someone (JM on twitter?) said there would be a new episode of the Jeff Matika show? Was it already confirmed bullshit or not? 

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Btw, remember like someone (JM on twitter?) said there would be a new episode of the Jeff Matika show? Was it already confirmed bullshit or not? 

Where would one go to watch the Jeff Matika show? Is it on YouTube?

Just now, PurpleIron1039 said:

Where would one go to watch the Jeff Matika show? Is it on YouTube?

Idiot Nation. I don't know if it leaked. 

Don't know if anyone pointed this out already but in one of SWMRS music videos, a band member is wearing a sweatshirt that says "OTIS OAKLAND"

1 hour ago, Harry Potter. said:

The new Blink record grew on me and I enjoy it so much.  Remove the Whoa Ohs, overproduction and a few fumbled lyrics and it would be the perfect Blink record.   It took quite a few spins but I do love that record, I just have to fast forward through some of the Whoa Ohs when they go on too long.      On Good Charlotte's latest though.....I'm in the process of processing it and I don't think my opinion on it is going to change.  There isn't one great song on the whole thing.  There are a few songs that I ALMOST dig, like "Life Changes", "Life Can't Get Much Better" and "Keep Swinging" but even they are not great. They are mediocre.  40 oz dream is a knock off of Bowling For Soup's "1985", but about 2003.   UGH.     As I have said before, Green Day is the one band I have faith in, the one band that hasn't let me down like the others have.   Maybe Green Day's 15 minutes of fame has passed but I am super excited about what Green Day Volume 12 holds.   

Also, can somebody give me the exact date that they changed the name from Sweet Children to Green Day?    Billie Joe and Mike have been playing together since 86, which is 30 years ago this year (!!!!) but I know it's a bit early for a "30 YEARS OF GREEN DAY EXTRAVAGANZA!!!"  i want to know when exactly the band hits 30.   Thanks   

(It was in 1989 I believe, but what month, date, time)

11 minutes ago, The Grateful Green said:

Don't know if anyone pointed this out already but in one of SWMRS music videos, a band member is wearing a sweatshirt that says "OTIS OAKLAND"

Was it ever resolved what OTIS means? Cause I still have no fucking clue

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I believe Otis is a recording studio attached to 1-2-3 Go Records

1 hour ago, Harry Potter. said:

Yeah, it was sarcasm...

9 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

Also, can somebody give me the exact date that they changed the name from Sweet Children to Green Day?    Billie Joe and Mike have been playing together since 86, which is 30 years ago this year (!!!!) but I know it's a bit early for a "30 YEARS OF GREEN DAY EXTRAVAGANZA!!!"  i want to know when exactly the band hits 30.   Thanks   

I don't know an exact date, but I know that it was before the 1,000 Hours EP was released, so I'd guess 1989.

Just now, PurpleIron1039 said:

I don't know an exact date, but I know that it was before the 1000 Hours EP was released, so I'd guess 1989.

I'm researching it now so I can satisfy my OCD....it was two weeks before the release of that EP.   Just have to find the exact release date.  

9 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

(It was in 1989 I believe, but what month, date, time)

Wrong thread :) Green Day Q&A Thread

(It was 1989 but I don't think anybody except the band - and maybe not even them - knows the exact date)

4 minutes ago, ThoughtsandPrayers said:

Yeah, it was sarcasm...

That's what I thought, wanted to make sure though. :P

2 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

I'm researching it now so I can satisfy my OCD....it was two weeks before the release of that EP.   Just have to find the exact release date.  

I think the most exact date available is just April 89.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter. said:

That's what I thought, wanted to make sure though. :P

I think the most exact date available is just April 89.

Probably the 20th then. At 4:20pm.

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Probably the 20th then. At 4:20pm.

Was either 4th, 11th, 18th or 25th.  Is there any way to find out?    To get back on track though....I hope whatever Green Day did the studio in 2016 is released on August 5th.   That would be RavRad.   

25 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

The new Blink record grew on me and I enjoy it so much.  Remove the Whoa Ohs, overproduction and a few fumbled lyrics and it would be the perfect Blink record.   It took quite a few spins but I do love that record, I just have to fast forward through some of the Whoa Ohs when they go on too long.      On Good Charlotte's latest though.....I'm in the process of processing it and I don't think my opinion on it is going to change.  There isn't one great song on the whole thing.  There are a few songs that I ALMOST dig, like "Life Changes", "Life Can't Get Much Better" and "Keep Swinging" but even they are not great. They are mediocre.  40 oz dream is a knock off of Bowling For Soup's "1985", but about 2003.   UGH.     As I have said before, Green Day is the one band I have faith in, the one band that hasn't let me down like the others have.   Maybe Green Day's 15 minutes of fame has passed but I am super excited about what Green Day Volume 12 holds.   

I'd rather listen to Good Charlotte's new album than 99 percent of the trilogy. I really enjoyed it, actually. The new blink-182 album took some time to grow, and accept that they're different now, and once I got in that mindset, it was a good listen. But since the day I first heard "Makeshift Love" I was just like, "damn, Good Charlotte's still got it" and the album didn't disappoint me.

I mean, you know Feldmann produced The Young and the Hopeless, right? It's not like he doesn't know the band's sound or what made them popular. I'm not really sure what you're expecting from an early 2000s pop-punk band these days, but I'd say it was a solid effort that's true to their style with some songs that are still catchy enough to possibly get radio play in 2016. To me, it's better than Green Day's most recent effort to stay relevant in today's music scene (but hopefully, unlike the trilogy, the next album blows me away!).  

OK, there's a producer-related argument, trilogy bashing and a pop-punk argument. Next... 

22 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Oh look, a question about Otis too! Someone should make a bingo card. :P

1 minute ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I'd rather listen to Good Charlotte's new album than 99 percent of the trilogy. I really enjoyed it, actually. The new blink-182 album took some time to grow, and accept that they're different now, and once I got in that mindset, it was a good listen. But since the day I first heard "Makeshift Love" I was just like, "damn, Good Charlotte's still got it" and the album didn't disappoint me.

This is exactly how I feel about both of these albums :)

3 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Oh look, a question about Otis too! Someone should make a bingo card. :P

I literally just wanted to point that out :D 

• Fuzz locked this topic

Archived