Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

27 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

What day is that?

My guess is July 14th.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That metalic finish is similar to what billies guitar looked like for geezer. I wonder if it's some sort of theme.

edit: HEY ITS MY 200th post. WOoooO

4 minutes ago, XxXxXxXxX said:

That metalic finish is similar to what billies guitar looked like for geezer. I wonder if it's some sort of theme.

edit: HEY ITS MY 200th post. WOoooO

The silver metallic spark debuted in 2012 for the Trilogy 

18 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

The silver metallic spark debuted in 2012 for the Trilogy 

Must just like sparkly things then.

Sparkly guitars = Green Day are pulling a Taylor Swift and going full pop.

Billie joe is definitely changing up his usual roster of guitars this time around, it's odd that he's using a 1954 model and not his usual 57-59 Les Paul Juniors. I hope that Fernandes Les Paul copy makes an appearance on tour too.

2 hours ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Billie joe is definitely changing up his usual roster of guitars this time around, it's odd that he's using a 1954 model and not his usual 57-59 Les Paul Juniors. I hope that Fernandes Les Paul copy makes an appearance on tour too.

I don't understand this technical stuff - but I love sparkles.

GD gets full marks with playing with our minds - all I'm thinking is which part of jasons radio interview was not entirely correct that the story was wiped ??? 

16 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

GD gets full marks with playing with our minds - all I'm thinking is which part of jasons radio interview was not entirely correct that the story was wiped ??? 

According to Jason Freese, they were going to rehearsal all summer and then go on tour after that (September). This still makes sense, as I guess he'd want to practice with the same guitar he's bringing on tour. 

I can't believe nobody commented on the name "Roth Flake Warm Beer"... :lol: 

3 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

According to Jason Freese, they were going to rehearsal all summer and then go on tour after that (September). This still makes sense, as I guess he'd want to practice with the same guitar he's bringing on tour. 

I can't believe nobody commented on the name "Roth Flake Warm Beer"... :lol: 

Exactly - but the fuzz was told to pull the story as something wasnt correct - wasn't he. 

10 hours ago, Clockwise said:

I think/hope they announce the album, drop a single and announce a tour on the same day.

This seems plausible. 

Just now, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Exactly - but the fuzz was told to pull the story as something wasnt correct - wasn't he. 

"May not be 100% accurate" or "ready to publish". Some details may not be correct and for sure they didn't want the info out at that point (or now), but that that they'll practice in the summer and tour in the fall is still a possibility, I'd say a high one! 

Wow, I come on line today to see some really big hints.  How exciting.  I told everyone that I'm Billie's favorite fan and there would be big news on my birthday.   

17 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Wow, I come on line today to see some really big hints.  How exciting.  I told everyone that I'm Billie's favorite fan and there would be big news on my birthday.   

Is today your birthday? :)

3 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

Is today your birthday? :)

Yes, told you I was Billies favorite fan

Just now, JJ1964 said:

Yes, told you I was Billies favorite fan

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day, and ask  Billie Joe to give us a release date, album title, new photos, and tour dates while you're at it! ;)

So they are going on tour this same month! Ah, those little motherfuckers, keeping everything under wraps until the very last minute :D I hope I can see them again for their new album tour, but I'll be on Erasmus so I doubt it :(

5 minutes ago, DannyDirnt said:

So they are going on tour this same month! Ah, those little motherfuckers, keeping everything under wraps until the very last minute :D I hope I can see them again for their new album tour, but I'll be on Erasmus so I doubt it :(

I think the indication in the Insta was the guitar needs to be ready for rehearsals. It's not likely they're going on tour before September.

43 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

I think the indication in the Insta was the guitar needs to be ready for rehearsals. It's not likely they're going on tour before September.

I was thinking they might do some intimate, small-venue concrets in the States? Maybe they'll play some new song(s), like they did for the trilogy. Also rehearsals, of course.

1 minute ago, DannyDirnt said:

I was thinking they might do some intimate, small-venue concrets in the States? Maybe they'll play some new song(s), like they did for the trilogy. Also rehearsals, of course.

I was thinking that too. How do those work, do they just show up at places, or do they give some advance notice? Have they ever  done any in NYC?

10 minutes ago, DannyDirnt said:

Since they've been so secretive so far, I unfortunately think this won't happen. I'm going to assume a promotion schedule similar to 21CB where they played a show or two a little before the album release.

16 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

I was thinking that too. How do those work, do they just show up at places, or do they give some advance notice? Have they ever  done any in NYC?

I think historically most have either been in California or NYC. billie seems to like NYC

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived