Tre' is a brilliant album!

mrtdaddy

Yes, and comments like this make them even more fun. Warning sucks. 21CB is horse shit. The Trilogy is rancid, bleeding elephant dung. :D

Not terribly. I think they're an overrated pop-rock outfit that only remained relevant because they released a truly great record in 2004. Had AI not happened, no one would remember them as anything more than that semi-punk band from the 90's that liked to sing about masturbation.

I sort of agree with this. I don't think they are overrated but I do believe they stayed relevant because of AI.

First, Warning and 21CB are brilliant albums. One of the reasons GD is in the rock hall is for their ability to adapt and change without compromising their style. Most GD songs are 3 or 4 chord power chord songs that are extremely easy to play. As anyone who has picked up a guitar can tell you. But, they have been able to take that style and make it sound different on almost every album. Not many bands have been able to do that. Warning takes that style and throws in a folk influence with the start of political under tones. It is upbeat and includes some of Billie's best lyrics. I almost look at it as a prelude to AI. However, it was a commercial disappointment.

AI put them back on the map. I think because of AI, people started to look back at their other work and realized it was not your standard punk pop on every record, but a collection in a similar style but with different influences and themes.

21CB contains some incredibly lyrics, intense themes without compromising their style. It also has Billie's best vocals to date.

But, if it wasn't for AI, I don't know that 21CB would have happened. IF it wasn't for AI, Billie wouldn't have been on Broadway, thus, I doubt he would be offered movie roles. If it wasn't for AI, would Billie have had the opportunity to record Foreverly? Would there have been a Foxboro Hottubs if it wasn't for AI? I don't know if alot of the projects the bands did would have materialized if they did not have the respect they achieved with AI. I'm not taking away from anything else they did, but AI is what put them at the level they are at.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how this thread is about Tre and we end up talking about 21CB, Warning & AI. :D

My problem with the trilogy was the lyrics. Some of them made me want to peel off my flesh. Billie is better than that...or at least he was...when he was sixteen :lol: Anyway Tre still is a great album somehow and it's just a shame the lyrics don't match the quality of the music on the album. Still it's lightyears ahead of Uno and Dos should just be set alight. I deny Dos ever existed...yeah it just doesn't ;)

I love how this thread is about Tre and we end up talking about 21CB, Warning & AI. :D

It's a unwritten rule on GDC that you must never stay on topic in a thread lol

Which is your favorite album from the trilogy? Maybe it's Dos?

Yes, for me it´s Dos. :) I would only have exchanged "Amy" for "The Forgotten". And "Dirty Rotten Bastards" on Dos would have made it perfect for me.

The Trilogy was an experiment maybe? I agree Tre is the best. I have two vinyls of Tre if anyone is interested!

Shit breeds shit. When you talk about the clusterfuck that is the trilogy, Warning and 21CB are bound to come up.

Warning is shit, 21st Century Breakdown is shit and the Trilogy is, by and large, shit. If they'd picked 13 ok songs and made a single album instead of taking 13 ok songs and a ton of shitty filler to make three, it might not have sucked as hard.

OMG!, well that's okay as you are Pikachu, now do a thing, get a thunder stone, and upgrade to RAICHU!, because 21CBD, is something equivalent to 4000 volts of electric current!, and Pikachu is too Cute to bear that one ;):)

P.S - I love pokemon over Green Day :lol:

OMG!, well that's okay as you are Pikachu, now do a thing, get a thunder stone, and upgrade to RAICHU!, because 21CBD, is something equivalent to 4000 volts of electric current!, and Pikachu is too Cute to bear that one ;) :)P.S - I love pokemon over Green Day :lol:

Pikachu rejected the Thunder Stone and beat Raichu anyway, don't you remember?

Pikachu rejected the Thunder Stone and beat Raichu anyway, don't you remember?

That was because Team Rocket was supporting Pikachu. but he lost the first battle!

I forgot to say, while Tré's alright; Dirty Rotten Bastards is total shit.

¡Tre! is easily my favourite of the trilogy.

It has the entire trilogy's best songs on - namely :

1.Brutal Love - what a song.

2.Sex, Drugs & Violence - one of my all time favourite Green Day songs.

3. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. - another fantastic "epic" - and that awesome solo.

¡Tre! to me is like a more concise - easier on the ear - version of 21CB.

¡Uno! is like Nimrod part 2 almost.

¡Dos! is basically Stop, Drop and Roll part 2.

People always say this and I don't know why.

Because they saw Billie say it was a Foxboroish record

If someone just HAD to compare it to past albums then yes FBHT is the only one close but still far from it

I think it's pretty Foxboroish! It's got similar themes and the garagey/retro/60s influence going on. They've played a couple of the songs at Foxboro shows and they fit in seamlessly, I imagine most of the others would too.

I think it's pretty Foxboroish! It's got similar themes and the garagey/retro/60s influence going on. They've played a couple of the songs at Foxboro shows and they fit in seamlessly, I imagine most of the others would too.

The only garagey songs on Dos are Fuck Time (which IS a FBH song) and Lady Cobra. Maybe you could class SWTRLF and Makeout Party as garage at a stretch. But that still leaves well over half an album that sounds nothing like Stop Drop and Roll.

The only garagey songs on Dos are Fuck Time (which IS a FBH song) and Lady Cobra. Maybe you could class SWTRLF and Makeout Party as garage at a stretch. But that still leaves well over half an album that sounds nothing like Stop Drop and Roll.

I'd include those two :P. Plus Wild One and Wow That's Loud are pretty psychedelic, those two songs along with Stray Heart have quite a strong 60s sound about them, even See You Tonight kind of does in a folky way. Not every song incorporates all Foxboro elements but between them most of the songs have at least some garage sound, 60s sound and/or partying themes so overall it feels rather Foxboroish to me.

I'd include those two :P. Plus Wild One and Wow That's Loud are pretty psychedelic, those two songs along with Stray Heart have quite a strong 60s sound about them, even See You Tonight kind of does in a folky way. Not every song incorporates all Foxboro elements but between them most of the songs have at least some garage sound, 60s sound and/or partying themes so overall it feels rather Foxboroish to me.

I'd forgotten that half those songs existed :lol:

Dos simply doesn't cut it as a Foxies album. It's almost completely lacking in the cleverness and energy of SD&R, and it's basically sort of frenetic while simultaneously being boring. I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoy every track on SD&R, I could not say the same for Dos.

Archived