Tre' is a brilliant album!

mrtdaddy

I thought 2st CB was almost better than American Idiot. I like Warning a lot too, even though I don't listen to it a lot.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warning is shit, 21st Century Breakdown is shit and the Trilogy is, by and large, shit. If they'd picked 13 ok songs and made a single album instead of taking 13 ok songs and a ton of shitty filler to make three, it might not have sucked as hard.

Warning and esp 21st are not shit

I agree with Pikachu. 21st CB isn't that great, imo. I wouldn't call it shit since it's certainly better than the trilogy but it's second worst for me.

I agree with Pikachu. 21st CB isn't that great, imo. I wouldn't call it shit since it's certainly better than the trilogy but it's second worst for me.

And you call yourself a Houstonian lol

I'm not a big fan of the trilogy either, but I did like Tre. It has a few great tracks, Brutal Love is one of my favorites. And Warning is awesome :P

Do you guys know that discuss personal opinions about, which album is good and which one is shit, will take you nowhere?

Do you guys know that discuss personal opinions about, which album is good and which one is shit, will take you nowhere?

Yes, and comments like this make them even more fun. Warning sucks. 21CB is horse shit. The Trilogy is rancid, bleeding elephant dung. :D

What the hell else would I talk about then? Partly the reason why I joined this forum in the first place was to complain about 21CB. :D

Yes, and comments like this make them even more fun. Warning sucks. :D

you must have a boring life for having fun on seeing other people saying that they dislike an album you like (and vice-versa).. but ok, go ahead.

What the hell else would I talk about then? Partly the reason why I joined this forum in the first place was to complain about 21CB. :D

congratulations. I don't like 21st cb either, but I'm ok with people who like it

Yes, and comments like this make them even more fun. Warning sucks. 21CB is horse shit. The Trilogy is rancid, bleeding elephant dung. :D

So do you like GD.

So do you like GD.

Not terribly. I think they're an overrated pop-rock outfit that only remained relevant because they released a truly great record in 2004. Had AI not happened, no one would remember them as anything more than that semi-punk band from the 90's that liked to sing about masturbation.

I'm just here for the lulz.

Not terribly. I think they're an overrated pop-rock outfit that only remained relevant because they released a truly great record in 2004. Had AI not happened, no one would remember them as anything more than that semi-punk band from the 90's that liked to sing about masturbation.

I'm just here for the lulz.

Ah I am from the Dookie era - it was every bit the same as AI era - so no I disagree but anyways that is for another thread.

Tre was my favourite when the trilogy was released mainly because of Brutal love but DOS is my most listened to as I don't skip any songs.

Oh & one more thing don't dis 21CB is it a brilliant album :D

Oh & one more thing don't dis 21CB is it a brilliant album :D

If you're tone-deaf and not paying attention to the lyrics, perhaps.

lol whatever - and yeah probably I am tone deaf - but the lyrics are some of the best they have written.

i have an unconditional love for 8th ave serenade,amanda,and walk away. i have no clue why, but they're such good songs (to me at least)

you must have a boring life for having fun on seeing other people saying that they dislike an album you like (and vice-versa).. but ok, go ahead.

congratulations. I don't like 21st cb either, but I'm ok with people who like it

I don't get your original point. So people can't talk about which albums they think are good or bad...on a Green Day forum? Whatever, dude.

Please, take my "best person of the day" award.

Of the Trilogy albums, ¡Tré! has the most songs I would consider favorites (three).

While it's better than ¡Uno! (and objectively, ¡Dos!), it's a bit too all over the place for me to enjoy completely.

(spoilered for length)

Brutal Love is great, though it would probably be more suited as the closing track for the album. Missing You is fairly average, and would benefit from having a few lines rewritten. 8th Avenue Serenade is pretty good, but feels a bit short. Drama Queen, while adding some variety to the album, would probably be better off as a b-side. X-Kid is one of my favorite Green Day songs, and (IMO) would have been a good opener for the album. Sex, Drugs & Violence has a decent first verse, pre-chorus, and solo, but, like Missing You, would benefit from a rewrite. A Little Boy Named Train is okay, but probably would be better off as a b-side like Drama Queen. Amanda is fairly solid, and has one of my favorite lines/set of lines from the whole Trilogy. Walk Away gets rather repetitive, and is the beginning of the stretch of songs affects my opinion of the album. I'm not sure what to say about Dirty Rotten Bastards; it feels like they wanted to make another multi-part song, which is fine, but this song is all over the place, with sudden transitions between parts that make it feel like it was thrown together at the last minute. The first two sections (three, if you count the "Miss Judgement Day" section) are alright, but the reprise of the first verse feels lazy, and the song eventually comes crashing down and starts to drag on with the "Carried Away" bit at the end. In short, Dirty Rotten Bastards feels like an attempt to make an attempt to make another Jesus of Suburbia/Homecoming/21st Century Breakdown, but lacks smooth transitions and feels like it thrown together to have another long, multi-part song. 99 Revolutions is one of many Trilogy songs with decent/good verses with repetitive, one-line choruses which bring the song down. All it needs is a rewrite of its chorus. The Forgotten is a little too long and sappy for my liking, but is musically one of the best songs on the Trilogy.

tl;dr:

• ¡Tré! is an average-quality Green Day album with a few great moments.
  • The order of the songs on ¡Tré! feels like they were pulled out of a hat at random.
  • ¡Tré!'s first half is significantly better than its second half.
  • ¡Tré!, like the rest of the Trilogy, suffers from a lack of/poor quality control.
So no, I wouldn't say it's brilliant, but I don't hate it.

Tre is the better one from the Trilogy, I'd say.

The momentum created on Uno from Nuclear family fizzes out by the time I reach Kill the DJ, for me.

But Tre has some good songs like Brutal Love, Missing You, Walk Away, X-Kid. There are some fillers, obviously but its an album that I wouldn't mind listening in full, except skipping Drama Queen.

Tone-deaf? Are you saying the singing on the album is out of tune? Because it isn't.

Archived