Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

before anyone gets angry over how quiet the crowd sounds, rest assured that all of us were freaking out to the best of our ability.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

before anyone gets angry over how quiet the crowd sounds, rest assured that all of us were freaking out to the best of our ability.

And annoying the girls right behind us. :lol:

And annoying the girls right behind us. :lol:

Haha they were so mad! It's not as if they cared about seeing GD anyway since they were just sitting there hating :P

Haha they were so mad! It's not as if they cared about seeing GD anyway since they were just sitting there hating :P

They left soon after. I think they were tired of our fangirling. Oh well, haters gonna hate.

#damagecontrol

Is it just me or are the guitars really low on the American Idiot clip above. All I can hear is the bass, the guitars need to be loud on AI

They were loud. I promise. Compared to the other acts, they sounded absolutely ridiculous, they were so loud.

The music industry plays itself at the 2015 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Ceremony

Induction Ceremony, 9:54 p.m.—Green Day is now being inducted, and the very rafters of Cleveland Public Hall reverberate with excitement. Did you know people love Green Day? People love Green Day. This makes the insanity for John Mayer’s solo seem like it was dosed with lithium. Fall Out Boy introduces the group, and if you want to feel old, listen to Fall Out Boy talk about Dookie in the same way you’d

hear a rock critic talk about Beggar’s Banquet. Patrick Stump makes a fair point, though, when he argues that the silhouette of Billie Joe and his guitar has become an instantly recognizable image, a generation’s rock music equivalent of the Michael Jordan dunking image. (It seems less plausible now that I’m trying and failing to find the image in a Google search, but at the time it sounded utterly realistic.) Then, of course, Billie Joe takes the podium and says that Green Day stretched power-pop “into places it’s never gone,” which is an insane statement.

They give good speeches, to be sure. Drunk Stephen Root is still loudly holding court at the table in front of me as the band talks about the importance of Gilman Street, Lookout! records, and their own journey. Billie Joe is dressed like a flamenco dancer. Mike Dirnt looks like a politician. Tre Cool looks like Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman in The Hunger Games. It’s great, though, because in the 30 seconds between accepting their awards and strapping on their instruments to play a rousing (and crowd-rejuvenating) set, Dirnt has ripped the sleeves off his suit. It’s the most culturally relevant act of the night, and the group feeds off the audience’s energy. I’m surprised it wasn’t chosen to be last, but I guess the name Ringo Starr still holds some sway in this world.

http://www.avclub.com/article/music-industry-plays-itself-2015-rock-and-roll-hal-218295

They were loud. I promise. Compared to the other acts, they sounded absolutely ridiculous, they were so loud.

I know the were you could hear that from the YouTube videos. It sounds like someone has changed/altered the mix for the Clip released though. The guitars definetly seemed lower to me.

may passed so fast can't believe we'll be able to see it HD tomorrow :D i don't have the channel thought so i hope it's gonna be on youtube soon

There is an HBO streaming for the people that aren't in USA?

I love that they used the pic of Billie and Mike doing "the move".

Is someone going to record the show tonight when it airs?:) And YouTube it?

Is someone going to record the show tonight when it airs? :) And YouTube it?

I am recording it, I just need to figure out how to share it. It may take me a few days. So, if anyone knows how to download someting taped off our TV to your computer, it will speed things up.

Chillax yer cacks lads, there'll be a torrent of the whole show up in HD about 15 minutes after it finishes airing.

Archived