Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

Here is the trailer for HBO's broadcast. I love how it ends with a quote from Billie.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torrents aren't hard, guys. Guarantee you could have a 1080p version about an hour after it first airs.

WELCOME TO PARADISE

Arguably, the evening belonged more to Green Day than anyone. At both the ceremony at Public Hall and at the simulcast of the show at the Rock Hall a few blocks away, every image of the group was greeted not only with cheers, but literally screams from women of all ages with adoration for frontman/guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong.

After erupting on stage with “American Idiot,” “When I Come Around” and “Basket Case,” the group’s speech was a touching nod to punk rockers of all ages and harkened back to the band’s underground California start.

http://www.indeonline.com/article/20150423/ENTERTAINMENT/150429581/2056/ENTERTAINMENT

Just flipping through this thread gives me the proud vibes again.... And! We're halfway through May! :D

928817_764141970366056_466911685_n.jpg

keyana.kobra Pic of Billie I took last night, I'll post some videos later today! Sooo much awesome stuff happened! Sweet Children played(original band members, Billie , Mike, and John Kiffenmeyer played a set. Then Green Day played and Tim Armstrong came out and did a few songs! BEST CONCERT OF MY LIFE!

11123895_653195538158623_1468550785_n.jp

keyana.kobra With Ollie Armstrong, Billie Joe's mom! She is sooo sweet!
11116625_1436304869998384_1136950477_n.j
keyana.kobra Talking with Brittney, Mike Dirnt's wife! Nice to meet you! Seriously the sweetest person ever! She is so strong; beating cancer, and so gorgeous. One of my inspirations, you rock Britt! @batmansmom @mike_dosxx
11143007_1409275949392639_1665674502_n.j

keyana.kobra Sara, Tré Cool's wife. She is super nice and her hair rocks!! :P nice meeting you Sara! @bubukittyfk
11143067_1440224942941417_751606000_n.jp
keyana.kobra With Adrienne Armstrong (80) Billie Joe's wife! She is so sweet and beautiful. Her and Billie are perfect together <3
11187050_895610197163674_1213116710_n.jp

keyana.kobra With Joey Armstrong! He's so sweet! :)

Not sure if I should be impressed or disturbed that she managed to stalk down half of Green Day's families for selfies.

seriously. that's weird as hell.

on a side note, i totally thought that joey was billie in that last picture.

I'm definitely disturbed.

Why would you even want a photo with Billie's mum...?

I'm definitely disturbed.

Why would you even want a photo with Billie's mum...?

Or for that matter anyones wife? Like hey you married the drummer or whatever of the band i love so I need to meet you and get a photo with you? Like wtf? I have never understood that logic. To me it's weird enough that people want to follow their instagrams (unless they want more opportunities to see potential pictures they may post of their spouses) because they aren't part of the band/famous. It's odd.

Or for that matter anyones wife? Like hey you married the drummer or whatever of the band i love so I need to meet you and get a photo with you? Like wtf? I have never understood that logic. To me it's weird enough that people want to follow their instagrams (unless they want more opportunities to see potential pictures they may post of their spouses) because they aren't part of the band/famous. It's odd.

Yeah, I've never understood that either. Well I can sort of understand it if people look up to someone like Brittney because they identify with her beating cancer (not that I'd personally want a selfie), but yeah, otherwise I don't get it.

I know a few fans who are more into Billie's marriage than the band and I find that very weird, like we don't even know what they're actually like as a couple?

Yeah, I've never understood that either. Well I can sort of understand it if people look up to someone like Brittney because they identify with her beating cancer (not that I'd personally want a selfie), but yeah, otherwise I don't get it.

I know a few fans who are more into Billie's marriage than the band and I find that very weird, like we don't even know what they're actually like as a couple?

I know exactly what you mean. I find it mindblowing the comments I read everywhere people posting very earnestly how much they love Adrienne in particular and I'm thinking "why?" I couldn't give a fuck about random people who I know absolutely nothing about (unless you include date of birth, age and basic background info as neatly chosen and presented to the media). I only care about or have any interest in Billie because he has written songs that (at a risk of sounding dramatic or cliche) have changed my life and his band intoduced me to an entire scene that changed me as a person (in a positive way). Green Day mean the world to me because THEY have made music that has had a massive impact in my life. Their wives have had zero and I have no idea how anyone can claim to "love" any of them when they are just a distant image to them. Also yeah it's creepy how much people care about Billie's marriage. I've seen more fans freak out at suggestions/jokes/rumors that he may be getting divorced than rumors of a Green Day split. Wtf is this life.

• 2 weeks later...

4 more days until we can see this on HBO! :dance:

I haven't watched any of it on Youtube because I just wanted to wait for the tv screening, so i'm really excited!

I have HBO, but the listing for Saturday at 8pm shows a movie playing. Also searched through the TV listings and couldn't find anything matching the title. Is it not airing in Canada? :ermm:

Is it just me or are the guitars really low on the American Idiot clip above. All I can hear is the bass, the guitars need to be loud on AI

I have HBO, but the listing for Saturday at 8pm shows a movie playing. Also searched through the TV listings and couldn't find anything matching the title. Is it not airing in Canada? :ermm:

I'm not in Canada, I'm in the US. But, the program did not come up when I searched for it. When I went to the channel and just surfed to Saturday at 8, it was there and I set it to record. Try that.

I'm not in Canada, I'm in the US. But, the program did not come up when I searched for it. When I went to the channel and just surfed to Saturday at 8, it was there and I set it to record. Try that.

It shows a movie called The Calling is airing during that time, with a Game of Thrones rerun airing after it at 9. I searched the internet to see if previous Hall of Fames have aired in Canada, and it seems if it airs at all, it's way after the US. Ugh. Someone better post it on here. It was bad enough waiting so long after the actual ceremony.. don't think I can wait any longer.

What's the point in paying for HBO if it doesn't even air the things I want to watch?

It shows a movie called The Calling is airing during that time, with a Game of Thrones rerun airing after it at 9. I searched the internet to see if previous Hall of Fames have aired in Canada, and it seems if it airs at all, it's way after the US. Ugh. Someone better post it on here. It was bad enough waiting so long after the actual ceremony.. don't think I can wait any longer.

What's the point in paying for HBO if it doesn't even air the things I want to watch?

I plan on recording it. I just need to figure out how to download it. It may take me a few days.

I plan on recording it. I just need to figure out how to download it. It may take me a few days.

If you could upload it, that would be awesome! I'll keep an eye out.

Chillax yer cacks lads, there'll be a torrent of the whole show up in HD about 15 minutes after it finishes airing.

Archived