Anybody ever wonder why billie sings "This is Seh dawning" instead of "This is the dawning"?

xBlaydeRx

I think his singing is pair-ah-dice to listen to actually!

My sister used to make fun of this, said he sounded like Kyle's cousin in South Park. This guy:

kyles-cousin-kyle.jpg

I can't say she was wrong :P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think his singing is pair-ah-dice to listen to actually!

ok but how are you supposed to say paradise

Billie talks with a mouth full of shit quite often. Listen to songs like "Paper Lanterns", when he says "had you on my mind" it's like he's saying "had you on my moo-hind". Like, fucking speak English man.

The fact that this is the kind of lyrical analysis Green Day fans think about is sad. Like, maybe we need to look at the lyrical content again.

Anybody ever wonder why billie sings "This is Seh dawning" instead of "This is the dawning"? what the point of this thread is?

Anybody ever wonder why billie sings "This is Seh dawning" instead of "This is the dawning"? what the point of this thread is?

To talk about green day related stuff. just like every other topic on here.

Imagine if the pronunciation of every word in every Green Day song was exactly perfect according to the rules of the dictionary all of a sudden. The songs would be totally boring and devoid of character but at least there'd be one less thing for people on GDC to complain about :P

The way he enunciates in Paper Lanters is awesome. Muhhhh-EYEND is so much more interesting. It is the way he emotes songs. I definitely consider it a part of their style during the first half of their career

I would wonder what I am doing with my life if I ever wondered this

I've always loved that he has his on way to pronounce things. Just something I enjoy in many singers for some reason.

I would wonder what I am doing with my life if I ever wondered this

billie joe is love billie joe is life

parr-ah-dice

My little nephew actually thought he was saying "pair of dice"

My favourite is probably "words I might have ehyrt" though, because it kind of sounds like he could be pronouncing ate the English way, "ett". As a matter of fact I enjoy all his English-style vowel sounds :happy:

i read somewhere people saying that he used to fake an english accent

It's only a tiny bit English sounding, and only with certain words/syllables, sounds American overall. I think it's just a slight bit of natural influence from listening to English punk bands/singers.

paradise is pronounced the way Billie pronounces it in "Welcome to Paradise" I really don't know what crack pipe ceadagh is smoking.

I think you mean craic pipe.

I have pronounced vigilante as "vigil-on-tay" (as opposed to vigil-an-tee) since i was 11, because that's what I thought it sounded like in She's A Rebel.

Now it's just kind of embarrassing that I sound permanently ignorant.

Archived