Green Day nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Give_Me_Novacaine90

The ceremony is in Cleeeveland! April 18! Squeee! Guess who's going if they get in? (Don't really care how much it'll cost!) :dance:

The fans vote? What kind of shittown HOF is this. I expect they get in but I don't feel like it should be a popularity contest. At least not completely.

I'm pretty sure the fan vote counts collectively toward a single vote of about 600 total (the rest from the committee of musicians, etc.). So, although it still is a popularity contest, it's not coming from the fan vote.

And yes, Cleveland is a shit town. <3

I don't know if anyone would know this, but can you buy tickets to the induction ceremony? I live in Cleveland and this would be a dream come true to be there when they get inducted. I'm 98% positive they are going to get inducted. I'm giddy because all of this feels so right.

Yes, but the tickets sell out FAST and then will likely get put up on StubHub and the like at a ridiculous price. Either way, I'm going to try...

(Brandon says I have no limit, price-wise, hehehehe... :shifty:)

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ceremony is in Cleeeveland! April 18! Squeee! Guess who's going if they get in? (Don't really care how much it'll cost!) :dance:

Yes, but the tickets sell out FAST and then will likely get put up on StubHub and the like at a ridiculous price. Either way, I'm going to try...

(Brandon says I have no limit, price-wise, hehehehe... :shifty:)

Yeah, I really don't care how much they cost. I'm also holding out hope they would play a small concert somewhere in Cleveland.

Yeah, I really don't care how much they cost. I'm also holding out hope they would play a small concert somewhere in Cleveland.

Now I'm not that optimistic. The induction would suffice for me. :P

Now I'm not that optimistic. The induction would suffice for me. :P

Us Clevelanders have ridiculous hopes (Browns, Indians) and ever since LeBron came back I believe anything can happen!

Full list here and fan voting

Results so far

Green Day 12.60%

http://rockhall.com/voting/2015-rock-hall-nominees-fan-vote/

Cast your vote for the nominees you believe to be most deserving of induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a fans’ ballot that will be tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2015 inductees. -

Us Clevelanders have ridiculous hopes (Browns, Indians) and ever since LeBron came back I believe anything can happen!

I'm in Sandusky, y'know. I completely understand. Go Tribe! :thumbsup:

fan boner achieved. Finally you can say "yeah the band that made American Idiot." Now we can possibly say "they're in the rock and roll hall of fame!"

I'm happy

At this point "1,000 Hours" has received more publicity from the press in the last two hours than the trilogy had altogether.

Makes sense. Pretty much every band inducted into the Hall of Fame is put in after they put out terrible albums proving they're way past their prime. I think Green Day should be cool and do as the Sex Pistols did though.

I think Green Day should be cool and do as the Sex Pistols did though.

They've made a Broadway musical. Not that I think that's in any way "selling out", I'm just saying that a band that does that probably won't turn down the Hall of Fame. :P

The Sex Pistols are assholes anyway. No matter how mainstream an award is it's just insulting to turn down something that people worked hard to give you.

how long can we vote and when will we get to see the results of this?

how long can we vote and when will we get to see the results of this?

You can actually vote as often as you want. Just close the browzer and re-open it. The inductees are announced in December.

Since bands can only get in 25 years after their first release and Tre wasn't in the band 25 years ago does that mean John Kiffmeyer will be there? If so I want them to play 39/Smooth in full.

The majority of the votes comes from musicians, etc. Public voting only accounts for a small portion of the total votes. Where one of the "experts" votes would be worth 1000 or more votes from the public. Actually it is likely to be even more votes then that.

Also note GD are now in the lead.

Ah yeah, that makes more sense.

Cool, hope they get it. Also to clarify, will it be Green Day OR The Smiths OR Nine Inch Nails?

everyone on facebook is like "ohhh Green Day doesn´t deserve it. they suck. what about iron maiden? hall of shame."
I fucking hate that... I think it's a trend NOT to like Green Day... :dry: or at least to say it

kraftwerk should be higher tbh..,, they paved the way for New order, joy division, Depeche mode ,etc.

Archived