"Ordinary World" movie starring Billie Joe

Give_Me_Novacaine90

I loved it. Really cute, and my brother and I found a lot of little bits funny. It wasn't as predictable as I had thought it would be from the trailers. The ending wasn't great, but was better than I was expecting. 

Spoiler

how can he form a band with his kid, if he traded his guitar to get her a guitar?

Definitely will watch it again. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed it. I was impressed with it and I was impressed with Billies acting which I wasn't expecting. The songs are great and it really is a feel good movie by the end. Les Skunks Rule!!! 

Nice little interview with Collider about the movie, and a little about RevRad too: http://collider.com/billie-joe-armstrong-ordinary-world-green-day-interview/#images

"I love being a rookie at stuff. It makes it feel vital. I love doing things I’ve never done before, and I love making stuff."  :wub: Every day for the past couple months now I've been like "CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW COOL THIS DUDE IS? I HAVE SUCH GOOD TASTE." 

25 minutes ago, Met Fan said:

Is that Billie's son in the blue beanie at the hotel party?

Yep, the older one Joey

8 hours ago, Met Fan said:

Any word on a release for the song in the movie? It's just Devil's Kind right?

There's also Body Bag

I just saw the movie and really enjoyed it :)  I think it's an amazing first performance for Billie and the movie overall is a very nice comedy.

On 10/18/2016 at 2:15 PM, It's Splash Time said:

I loved it. Really cute, and my brother and I found a lot of little bits funny. It wasn't as predictable as I had thought it would be from the trailers. The ending wasn't great, but was better than I was expecting. 

Reveal hidden contents

how can he form a band with his kid, if he traded his guitar to get her a guitar?

Definitely will watch it again. 

Yeah listen, that end was a mess. There were plenty of better options than that and I could forreal go on about the message it should have ended on in comparison to what it put out and just...yeah. That was the biggest flaw to me.

Watched this last night. Cute little movie. Some weird unrealistic plot points and stuff but whatever, it was nice. Billie Joe was just adorable as Perry! :D 

I enjoyed the movie a lot. Really don't think it will make it on my favorite movies of all time list, but it is definitely something that I wouldn't mind watching. I am actually visiting my friend this Thanksgiving and I am making her watch this movie. She isn't really a big GD fan, she only likes one song by them, Amy, so we will see. Expect an update on her thoughts in about a month

Sweet film - I really enjoyed it. I noticed Joey straight away, but do you think that was Cleo, his dog, in the corridor?

I wasn't 100% convinced by Billie at first but by the time it ended I saw him as Perry. I can't say it was predictable because what happened definitely wasn't what I expected!

I never expected it to actually be quite sad - I totally thought Perry was going to be playing with the band and to get to live out his dream again. It was all well executed enough to make me really feel for him when he got pushed out at his own party. And the TV moment was so awful but hilarious at the same time :lol:

"You look like a goblin" was perfect. The main thing missing from the dialogue was that Perry should have said he feels like a cello when he was arguing with his brother about rainy-sunny days.

The ending was a little unrealistic and more predictable, but it was cute. Some of the characters - Perry included to some extent - could definitely have done with more fleshing out but it didn't ruin the movie.

As a side note, it was a bad idea to watch it with my fiance who had already seen it and dropped hints the whole way through :P  

Wow. I just watched it. I love it!!! The way he runs all the time is hilarious :lol:

Also I REALLY love Devil's Kind! I never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I did

If I recall correctly, the movie got avarage+ ratings. To this kind of movie it's a miracle it wasn't pinned by the critics, means it's actually good.

Family comedies aren't my type of a movie. OW was all right. It was funny, the characters were believable - I could see my dad in it sometimes. Billie's acting was surprisingly good - I wasn't thinking it's him at all. He did a good job.

I won't forget to use a coaster anytime soon. 

I'm actually thinking of making subtitles so I have an excuse to watch it again with my family. 

Ahh I can't wait to watch this. Was going to today as it's my birthday but now I'm waiting until my sister can watch it with me which isn't until Monday. 

On 10/24/2016 at 10:01 PM, Otávio Vidal said:

Wow. I just watched it. I love it!!! The way he runs all the time is hilarious :lol:

Looking forward to it even more now :lol: 

58 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Ahh I can't wait to watch this. Was going to today as it's my birthday but now I'm waiting until my sister can watch it with me which isn't until Monday. 

Looking forward to it even more now :lol: 

You're going to love it :)

I find it hard to believe it wasn't written with Billie in mind, it suits him so well and while it's not ground breaking nor going to win any awards I really enjoyed it, laughed out loud in a couple of bits and thought Billie did a really good job.  He didn't over play the part which would just have made him annoying and he just seemed confused but charming too which was quite a good effort.  His wife is a bit of a saint but think a lot if us could get behind the bedroom scene with Judy Greer and believe you could never quite get over Billie, sorry Perry!  I thought he seemed really natural (and gorgeous - sorry straying into fan girl land). :wub::wub:. Good for a Friday night with a large glass of wine!

46 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

Tracking says this should arrive today😄

You can watch it anytime.

Archived