"Ordinary World" movie starring Billie Joe

Give_Me_Novacaine90

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Sorry. It's just that I've been going through a lot today and I've been drinking a LOT and when I get like this I can only feel better by making jokes. I didn't mean to hurt anyone I'm just a disaster sorry.

dudes-be-like_o_2665351.jpg

OMG I had the most amazing time. I didn't get my picture with Billie Joe but I ran into him in the hall and said "Hi" and he said "Hi" back...and he was a scared as I was. I was just so shocked, I've never seen even Green Day in person and here is Billie Joe, 3 feet away from me. I was just coming back from the ladies room, I wasn't even looking or waiting for him, and he just stepped out of the door leading up to the green room. I walked by and did a double take and I could NOT believe it was Billie Joe. I was too stunned to ask for a picture, and he looked very shy and scared, he was alone except for a security person with him... more details about this on Fangirls thread.

This was all before the movie so I was in a state of shock for the rest of the evening, but the movie was really cute, I loved the original songs. His acting was not as bad as it could have been, it was nerdy Billie. The performance afterwards was excellent, he is amazing live, sounded fantastic.  What a night! So fun and worth the trip. I wish I'd asked for a picture, but I don't want to regret anything about tonight, so I am so happy to have seen Billie Joe and said "Hi!" to him. 

We went to Berlin after but we missed Billie, either we were too early or too late, I'm not sure when they played there.

11 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

So who's going to today's show?

Wait? What show? Did we miss something?

Second screening maybe? No performance after this one though.

Heard Jenna Fischer(Pam Halpert) and Brian Baumgartner(Kevin Malone) from The Office were there. Anyone see them?

Oh and what about Fred Armisen?

(P.S, gonna start studying for GRE and TOEFL so that I can end up in NYU next year and not  miss out on these shows taking place in NYC ever again)

2 minutes ago, Akshat said:

Heard Jenna Fischer(Pam Halpert) and Brian Baumgartner(Kevin Malone) from The Office were there. Anyone see them?

(P.S, gonna start studying for GRE and TOEFL so that I can end up in NYU next year and not  miss out on these shows taking place in NYC ever again)

I was not there, this is a lie :P;) 

(No but really, I'm not sure about Brian, but there's a picture of Billie and Jenna on a previous page)

30 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Second screening maybe? No performance after this one though.

You never know with Billie 

Ok here is my review.  The movie was actually a bit different than I expected.  I was expecting a,kind of dark musical comedy, something along the lines of almost famous.  However, I think I would equate it moew to something along the lines of mr. Mom.  It was a goody, family oriented film, a very formulaic coming of age film.  It was very predictable.  However it did have some very funny moments.  Billie was on screen 99% of the time and was quite good.  There was no cursing so I'm sure  they are going for a pg rating and,gearing the film towards families.  It was v er y predictable.  The only two songs he performed in the film were devil kind and ordinary world.  Ordinary world fit the movie perfectly.  Overall, I would give the movie a 6 out of 10.  Unless they do heavy marketing, I can't see it doing great beyond green day fans.  However, every green day fan will enjoy it.

As far as the performance, first it was great before it started.  Everyone started to rush the stage, the guy next to me shoved me so hard that I went flying. Hubby elbowed him in the chest then not so nicely told him to stay away.  There was a 5 foot gap between me and everyone else.  Best pit ever.  As far as the performance, he played devil kind, scattered, then brought on joan Jett and they did American idiot and bap reputation.  Then billie did ordinary world.  It was far too short.  Hiwever, he was so good in great form. Hubby, who does not like green day, said that it was great to see a real professional in such a small environment.  He wasn't impressed with billie acting, but thought he was fantastic on stage. He wished he had played longer.  

We did not even attempt the after party.  This may be a bit of a downer, but I wasn't sure we were going to make it last night.  We literally came from my mother in laws funeral to the show.  I just couldn't ask anymore of hubby.

Overall it was a night to remember, a once in a lifetime experience. I'm so happy I made it, it was great

Oh and there was an open bar can't beat that

1 hour ago, Akshat said:

Jenna is married to the director of the film.

The movie was fun. Billie's acting in this one felt more natural and not so forced. The movie itself wasn't too over the top but definitely enjoyable and very funny. I loved the songs. The beginning scene takes place in 1995 with Billie and his band at a small club playing the Devil's Kind, then it transitions into present day and it's about him dealing with being an aging punk rocker. The performance afterwards was phenomenal and energetic, Scattered was a nice surprise as well as Joan Jett. She also had a cameo in the movie. There's tons of cameos. My mom swears she saw Robert De Niro sitting behind her during the performance :lol: I enjoyed it! 

Archived