Billie Joe, Joey, and Jason White performing at 1-2-3-4 Go Records

djrossstar

well, I agree that in a set with 30 + songs if they play like 2 ou 3 rare ones in between their hits wouldn't kill the energy of the concert, it will just turn the night even more special.

I really don't like the machanical well rehearsed set they are doing nowadays. They always talk about to challenge themselves, they should do it live.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think it shows that they are doing today is very rehearsed, those machines shoot shirt, water play in the people and all that stuff in the middle of "Hitchin 'a Ride" and "brain stew" for me is bullshit. This time they would lose doing this to play some older songs.

Having seen GD live loads of times and then four times last summer I felt like they were sort of just going through the motions somehow. It would have helped if they varied the setlists more...even they seemed bored. Just had to add that though it's off topic.

On topic- Joey did an awesome job judging by those clips! Nice going!

"Nowadays"? They've literally always had rigid setlists that they stick to night after night and played the same selection of songs from each album and done the same schtick during songs during a given tour :lol:. They've never mixed up their setlists very much. Go on setlist fm and compare some setlists from the Dookie tour or Nimrod tour or any of their tours or watch videos of the same song from different shows of the same tour, they didn't change then either!

"Nowadays"? They've literally always had rigid setlists that they stick to night after night and played the same selection of songs from each album and done the same schtick during songs during a given tour :lol:. They've never mixed up their setlists very much. Go on setlist fm and compare some setlists from the Dookie tour or Nimrod tour or any of their tours or watch videos of the same song from different shows of the same tour, they didn't change then either!

And that was the reason my hubby gave me for not wanting to see any other shows on the last tour. Even though there might have been a few different songs, the main show would be about the same, and he didn't want to see the same show over again. (Okay, I'm of a different opinion but that's just the difference in our fan levels!)

They might not vary their setlists much but they've never seemed bored or like they're going through the motions when I've seen them, even in KFAD. Seems a bit extreme, the only time I've heard that (before this thread) was a few times when the crowd was really bad.

I definitely got the "going through the motions" vibe off Billie at Brixton last year. Mike and Tré seemed a bit quiet at the start too but they got into it. Billie might as well have been on another planet.

No, use the GDT live guide :P

http://www.gdtorrent.com/live_guide.php

Far more accurate and comprehensive than Setlist.fm or GDA.

Green Day still can't play at Gilman, but it's only because they have a rule against any major label bands playing, it's nothing personal. It's fine (and always has been fine) for the members of Green Day to go to shows there or play there in non major label bands, they weren't banned they just can't play there as Green Day. They might have felt unwelcome there when they first signed to a major label and got big because some of the people there had a problem with it but I'm pretty sure that was all over with years ago, Billie's played there with Pinhead Gunpowder as well and they support it and go to see shows there regularly. I agree it'd be cool to see this project play there!

Actually Green Day played there in 2001 but they weren't supposed to, they sort of just took the stage and nobody stopped them. It was just the three of them and they only played songs from Dookie and before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uABXKwkYiLI

Jeez no videos of Walking Alone? This is just like the Dreamforce thing where they played Peacemaker and a couple others that we didn't get a video of. :cry:

Jeez no videos of Walking Alone? This is just like the Dreamforce thing where they played Peacemaker and a couple others that we didn't get a video of. :cry:

It killed me that there were no videos of the rare Dreamforce songs. Just like this is.

Actually Green Day played there in 2001 but they weren't supposed to, they sort of just took the stage and nobody stopped them. It was just the three of them and they only played songs from Dookie and before.

They only got away with that because it was basically a glorified stage invasion :P

Oh yeah I know about them sneakily getting away with doing that (Jason White's band was playing and invited them on stage and let them play for the rest of their set time which probably helped). But they can't "officially" play there, like they couldn't book a show.

They might not vary their setlists much but they've never seemed bored or like they're going through the motions when I've seen them, even in KFAD. Seems a bit extreme, the only time I've heard that (before this thread) was a few times when the crowd was really bad.

Whereas now you hear it because since Billie's rehab people are looking out for differences and seeing them when they're not there :P

It killed me that there were no videos of the rare Dreamforce songs. Just like this is.

There's an audio recording of the whole Dreamforce show - screw video in that case^^

Unfortunately THAT gig was completely secret, I guess. Otherwise some people would have prepared themselves

• 2 weeks later...

and Jason just recently played at Gilman with California. So jason goes a bit.

and Jason just recently played at Gilman with California. So jason goes a bit.

Not that anyone cared about him in 2001 anyways :P

Not that anyone cared about him in 2001 anyways :P

Or now...

I'm actually a Jason fan

• 7 months later...

Archived