Trilogy Era

TheNimrod51

As the Trilogy Era came to an official end the other day, what are everyone's opinions on it? Did you not like the albums but enjoy the live shows? Did you think the albums were a flop? Did you think the set lists were bad? This isn't a thread to complain about everything, just over all opinions of the last 2 years.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did it officially come to an end? It's not over until they announce a new studio album or stop playing the songs. For example, 21st Century Breakdown era went until the release of Awesome as Fuck and the Tiki Bar show, well into 2011. American Idiot lasted until Stop Drop & Roll debuted in 2007

Why did it officially come to an end? It's not over until they announce a new studio album or stop playing the songs. For example, 21st Century Breakdown era went until the release of Awesome as Fuck and the Tiki Bar show, well into 2011. American Idiot lasted until Stop Drop & Roll debuted in 2007

The write up of the Australian tour mentioned it at the end.

I loved the trilogy, it gave us two of my favouite Green Day songs: Stay the night and X-kid. I love how Green Day went for a much more stripped down approach and I love the whole laid back, beach kinda vibe of the trilogy. The only thing I disliked was the whole I'm a filthy rich rock star with a thousand Gibsons, fucking 20 bitches a week kinda vibe. That's not what Green Day are about and what they stand for in my opinion, and I've always loved them for that.

Demolicious isn't out yet. I feel like that when it's released we can really say the "era is over". It'll be a good send off.

Loved the Trilogy. Think it produced some of Green Day's best songs. This is the last time I will look at this thread as it will probably be merged into Blasphemy and genocide by page 2 or 3.

The only thing I disliked was the whole I'm a filthy rich rock star with a thousand Gibsons, fucking 20 bitches a week kinda vibe. That's not what Green Day are about and what they stand for in my opinion, and I've always loved them for that.

I've never ever gotten that vibe from the trilogy, I really have no idea where that's coming from. The Oh Love video doesn't even give that impression IMO.

Anyway, the trilogy is my favorite piece of work the band has ever put out, and I do wish they included more songs from it in the setlist, regardless I really enjoyed the 4 shows I went to in this era, and I feel like the band is currently in a really good place that leaves me excited for the future.

Best left forgotten.

The Tour is over, which is a good indication that the era is coming to an end, even if Demolicious is still to be released.

I honestly don't see them touring again for the Trilogy. Maybe a few secret shows along the way but i think they're looking more toward the future at this point. I do like the trilogy though. It brought out some good and bad things but i don't see them doing something like this again. We knew almost everything about the Trilogy before it was even released. I see them looking more towards another rock opera after this. Or the infamous "Rehab Album".

At first I didn't like but with the pass of the days I end up loving the Trilogy. I'm really sad because I couldn't see it live and I don't think that they're going to tour for this again.

The write up of the Australian tour mentioned it at the end.

I doubt Green Day's done. They'll probably do a few more shows, maybe after FBHT. Maybe in China or somewhere :P Liam doesn't get to decide when the Trilogy era ends. He's a moderator, not a god. If anything, it'll end after Demolicious comes out. So don't jump the gun quite yet with this thread

Demolicious isn't out yet. I feel like that when it's released we can really say the "era is over". It'll be a good send off.

Considering Demolicious is made up of demo's from the Trilogy era, it's still part of the Trilogy era.

I honestly don't see them touring again for the Trilogy. Maybe a few secret shows along the way but i think they're looking more toward the future at this point. I do like the trilogy though. It brought out some good and bad things but i don't see them doing something like this again. We knew almost everything about the Trilogy before it was even released. I see them looking more towards another rock opera after this. Or the infamous "Rehab Album".

our faces when the new album's name is actually "Rehab Album" :lol:

our faces when the new album's name is actually "Rehab Album" :lol:

That'd just be awkward :happy:

I liked the Trilogy era songs, didn't like the fact that they decided to skip my country while touring, although I did get to see them in 2012 in London at the Shepherds Bush show. It was very ambitious to release the trilogy and I respect them for having the balls to do it and then having even more balls to not promote the albums so Billie could sort himself out.

even with all those balls, Tre still just has the one

:P

Plagued by shitty lyrics and addiction, the Trilogy is definitely going to be an important era in my life Green Day wise. I'll always associate it with my high school years, especially the last one, and the time where I started coming outta my shell and made some new friends. I think the albums are great so I really have no problems with this era. Some great Green Day tunes to send me off into being an adult.

I didn't mind the Trilogy, there was some good songs and some really bad songs. I also think that they are going to take a long break after this...

This trilogy seriously would've sold more if they didn't release that horrible song "Dirty Rotten Bastards". Not only does that song suck, it's also probably the reason why they changed Crushing Bastards to Loss of Control, which is just sad because "Crushing Bastards" Is only the awesomest name ever

Inb4 25 hates

I LOVE the albumsI'm still sad about what happened on Iheart but I'm so happy Billie and everyone is ok. But I didn't like the tour... I was hoping having them here again :(

The Trilogy discussion and debate isn't just beating a dead horse. It's beating a dead horse and then beating yourself to dead with the dead horse.

The Trilogy discussion and debate isn't just beating a dead horse. It's beating a dead horse and then beating yourself to dead with the dead horse.

WTDnnwE.gif

Can't we talk about Warning instead? That album doesn't get much discussion. Everyone who likes it thinks they're such hipsters for liking it, little do they realize pretty much everyone on here likes it. I'd like to see some people that don't like it express their opinions. Warning era had good setlists, huge tour, great promotion, etc.

A bit like your comments on the matter every single time. Have you ever actually contributed anything to the discussion beyond bitching about the discussion itself?

Archived