Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

I think it sounds like Loss of Control ...a lot

Yeah, I think that's the song I'm thinking of! Like the beginnning of the song really sounds like it, I was expecting it to launch into the first lyrics of Loss of Control. It seems to borrow many elements of different songs songs though.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at first when i heard the acoustic stay the night version on youtube i thought someone uploaded his own version and claimed it to be on demolicious. :P

but i like billies very different voice there. didn't hear him like that before. (didn't pay much attention to the instagram videos).

Hmm dunno what to make of stay the night acoustic. The song is one of my favourite but that was just urr...well weird.

I've never really liked Stay The Night... The demo is a little bit better but I think the acoustic version is just dull

Actually can't listen to this yet but reading this thread is making me look forward to it!

What they should've done is take the best songs from each record and release one fantastic album instead of 3 mediocre ones.

Yeah but everyone has a different idea of what the best songs are, so for many that'd mean missing out on hearing their favourites. As it is it's like a pick and mix where you can choose the best 12 songs for yourself if you want, don't really see how that's worse than having them choose them for you. Plus those of us who like all the albums get to listen to them all :P

get rid of ashtray add brutal love, xkid and dirty rotten bastards and this would have been the album they should have released.

I think i really like state of shock but it does definitely make you yearn for a more polished studio version. It surely is not horrible quality like some have said. Much better mix than most everyting from the trilogy. I know when i first heard the last dookie demo i didn't really care for it but now i really love it. Can't wait for Saturday. Gonna try really hard not to listen to more of the songs till then. State of Shock I hope is enough for now

get rid of ashtray add brutal love, xkid and dirty rotten bastards and this would have been the album they should have released.

Those would've been great.

i actually like the drums a LOT more on the demos! the snare on the trilogy is just too bright and sharp.

on demolicious the muffled, more live sounding drums add some power to those songs...

Man, I hate to say it but Rob Cavallo really fucked this shit up. These songs have so much more energy and attack than the finished product. The lack of vocal filter really helps too, I actually feel like Im listening to Green Day.

I have only listened to Missing You so far and I already know I will like this album more than the trilogy. And Missing You is actually one of my least favorite GD songs so that's kind of funny. Or maybe not.

im at 99 revolutions now... and wow! it was always only a good mediocre song to me, but the energy here is so immense.

Loving it. 99 Revs is alot better, that was a song i didnt like much before. Stay the Night acoustic is great.

My only complaint is I would have liked to have heard the Kill the DJ demo. What I heard on Cuatro was fucking awesome.

Stay the night acoustic ISN't a demo,right???

is it possible that it has been recordered some months ago? because it sounds exactly like the Missing You and Scattered videos Billie uploaded on instagram...

It doesn't change the quality of the songs but I definitely like this better than the original versions of the songs. They sound more raw and energetic, I think.

Missing You sounds so much more emotional. I just wanna delete the old version now.

Fucking hate it when everyone's talking about a record I couldn't even listen yet :ermm: Especially a Green Day one. How do you people even do it? Whatever - I'm lazy to go "search"... sure I won't find anything :dry:

if i could combine the fan made instrumental and billies vocals for state of shock id be a happy camper im not sure why i liked the non gd version better..

I'm liking this a lot more than the trilogy. I agree they should have released this without a few songs (Fell For You, Makeout Party, Sex Drugs and Violence) and adding some others (X Kid, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Lazy Bones and Brutal Love).

Is it me or Mike does the background vocals on this? Because I think so, and they sound a lot better.

So far the only I think I prefer on the trilogy version is the Stay The Night solo. That piece of music is just brilliant.

State of Shock is a good song, nothing especial ,though.

Archived