Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Stuart and the ave :wub:

One of my fav green day songs, love the opening bass line and the lyrics. My other favourites from insomniac are westbound sign and stuck with me.

That last 30 seconds of Panic Song is utterly dreadful though. If they'd ended it before that it would have been perfect, but nope they had to tack on a pointless piece of crap at the end. Ruined it.

Always have something negative to say about everything Green Day...

• Like 1

He's said that before, though--it's not like he's pulling things out of thin air just to spite you. :P

Stuart and the Avenue. Best of an average bunch.

:mad: INSOMNIAC IS NOT AVERAGE
  • Like 2

I've hated that part since I first bought the album aged 14.

I'm not sure what your game is. Lots of people on here are just as critical of Green Day as me, if not more, and you don't go calling them out to no real end. Could it be jealousy? It's the beard isn't it? It's a pretty good beard dude, there's no shame in admitting it.

That last 30 seconds of Panic Song is utterly dreadful though. If they'd ended it before that it would have been perfect, but nope they had to tack on a pointless piece of crap at the end. Ruined it.

what??? That's like the best part of any green day song ever. Beautifully poetic, I dunno maybe I'm just a cynical bastard

I've hated that part since I first bought the album aged 14.

I'm not sure what your game is. Lots of people on here are just as critical of Green Day as me, if not more, and you don't go calling them out to no real end. Could it be jealousy? It's the beard isn't it? It's a pretty good beard dude, there's no shame in admitting it.

I'm not sure what I would be jealous of. And no, Middle Ages scrappy beards are not my style.

There's no "game." I just feel like you hate everything the band does, and maybe you don't belong on this forum. Of course everyone can have their own opinions, but you're such a broken record at this point. It gets really really annoying.

• Like 1

Don't worry, Green Day's average is much better than most other people's best! Insomniac's never been my favourite album, but it's by no means their worst. I'll have to give it a listen again at some point.

Reported for posting an unpopular opinion in the unpopular opinions thread.

My ranking always changes (except AI stays as #1). Insomniac was my #2 for a while this year.

I'm not sure what I would be jealous of. And no, Middle Ages scrappy beards are not my style.

There's no "game." I just feel like you hate everything the band does, and maybe you don't belong on this forum. Of course everyone can have their own opinions, but you're such a broken record at this point. It gets really really annoying.

Clean shaven was more in vogue during the Middle Ages, even amongst peasants. Check yoself before you wreck yoself.

She is my favourite Green Day song.

Posted that less than a page ago. Thoughts?

I don't hate everything Green Day does. However, I don't let my liking of the band get in the way of facts. As my musical horizons have opened I've increasingly discovered that much of what Green Day does is lazy, simplistic, and highly derivative. But it's also catchy as fuck, so they get points for that.

what??? That's like the best part of any green day song ever. Beautifully poetic, I dunno maybe I'm just a cynical bastard

Which part of "I WANNA DROP OUT" repeated a bunch of times is poetic?

He's right, though. Panic Song is fantastic until the irrelevant outro kicks in.

The best song on Insomniac is clearly Babs' Uvula Who?, followed by Walking Contradiction for its lyrical genius.

When you compare it to "Troublemaker" it all becomes clear.

I forgot about Walking Contradiction, actually. That gets points for being one of their best music videos.

My ranking always changes (except AI stays as #1). Insomniac was my #2 for a while this year.

My ranking is fairly stable actually. AI, Dookie, Nimrod; the it's a bit of a jumble in the middle, normally with breakdown and insomniac being towards the lower end, then tre, then uno and dos being equally bad.

Clean shaven was more in vogue during the Middle Ages, even amongst peasants. Check yoself before you wreck yoself.

Posted that less than a page ago. Thoughts?

I don't hate everything Green Day does. However, I don't let my liking of the band get in the way of facts. As my musical horizons have opened I've increasingly discovered that much of what Green Day does is lazy, simplistic, and highly derivative. But it's also catchy as fuck, so they get points for that.

Isn't it 'I wanna jump out'? Which kinda fits in with the whole anxious feeling of the song; like the narrator wants to jump out of somewhere and stop being so anxious. Or some crap like that. I'm sure Hermione will explain it!

You look like a Game of Thrones character. The ladies must love that ;)

When you compare it to "Troublemaker" it all becomes clear.

I like the riff in Troublemaker

You look like a Game of Thrones character. The ladies must love that ;)

I know you meant this sarcastically but you have no idea how true it is :lol:

I know you meant this sarcastically but you have no idea how true it is :lol:

Well anyone can get lots of ladies if they have really low standards.

:shok:

Insomniac is alright. Definite good points and definite bad points. It's not that I dislike it, but it's not as much of a favourite as the other ones are. As for Breakdown, it's tricky to explain; objectively it's one of their best works. It contains some fantastic songs, has excellent production, and hits the spot in so many different ways, but I think it's a little too sprawling and gargantuan. There are some songs that could easily be cut, even if they are good songs. If it were 13-14 songs in length, it would easily be up there with AI.

• Like 2

This should be good :lol:

You know my girlfriend is on GDC right?

This should be good :lol:

You know my girlfriend is on GDC right?

Yeah? Who is she?

Insomniac is alright. Definite good points and definite bad points. It's not that I dislike it, but it's not as much of a favourite as the other ones are. As for Breakdown, it's tricky to explain; objectively it's one of their best works. It contains some fantastic songs, has excellent production, and hits the spot in so many different ways, but I think it's a little too sprawling and gargantuan. There are some songs that could easily be cut, even if they are good songs. If it were 13-14 songs in length, it would easily be up there with AI.

When you put it like that I do agree with you about Breakdown. Christian's Inferno, Horseshoes and Handgrenades and 21 Guns could go. As much as I don't like Know Your Enemy, the guitar production on it is fabulous and its place in the running order does benefit the album. But if we're just going off individual songs, obviously that could go. I've never understood the argument that it being huge and sprawling is beneficial to it - if it was shorter it'd be easier to listen to all the way through, and you wouldn't have to waste time sitting through the lower quality songs on there. Quality over quantity, surely? A common problem with Green Day :P

• Like 1

I love how you move the goalposts from his not being able to get any girls to "Well yeah, he can get girls but they suck." (Not sure if you're saying *he* has low standards for selecting GoT fans or the fans have low standards for liking someone who's from GoT, but either way, lumping all GoT fans into low-standards-ville's not the most polite or fair comment.) Stay classy, my friend.

When you put it like that I do agree with you about Breakdown. Christian's Inferno, Horseshoes and Handgrenades and 21 Guns could go. As much as I don't like Know Your Enemy, the guitar production on it is fabulous and its place in the running order does benefit the album. But if we're just going off individual songs, obviously that could go. I've never understood the argument that it being huge and sprawling is beneficial to it - if it was shorter it'd be easier to listen to all the way through, and you wouldn't have to waste time sitting through the lower quality songs on there. Quality over quantity, surely? A common problem with Green Day :P

It'd be like compressing The White Album into forty minutes or The Lord of the Rings into one film—you can do it, but it cramps the style horribly.

I love how you move the goalposts from his not being able to get any girls to "Well yeah, he can get girls but they suck." Stay classy, my friend.

It'd be like compressing The White Album into forty minutes or The Lord of the Rings into one film—you can do it, but it cramps the style horribly.

I'd rather compress The White Album and LOTR into 0 minutes and 0 films though :)

• lizziebix featured this topic