Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

2 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

I read slappy & I was like girl what are you talking about🤣

Ah yes, the little known fact that only tr00 GD idiots would know about: Paper Lanterns, Last Night on Earth, Sweet 16, and Youngblood were all originally written for Slappy :dry:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

I read slappy & I was like girl what are you talking about🤣

Read it as slappy, too! 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

It's funny because I love GD's sappy stuff from Paper Lanters to Last Night On Earth to Sweet 16... and especially Youngblood! :wub:

But for some reason I just cannot bring myself to like Roof. I can't. It sounds falsely happy, idk how to articulate that feeling but it's what I get, guess I'm unrefined

I saw them play Paper Lanterns live as well as Last Night On Earth, actually that was at the same show. 

I was pretty fucked up that night but gotta say both were trippy in two completely different ways. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

They all slap, therefore they're slappy

I wouldn't say meet me on the roof is fake happy, it's the classic happy melody + dark lyrics bja song.

A) Yes they all slap, except for the Roof :shifty:

B) Yeah see I usually love that about the songs BJA writes but this one to me just feels forced. I'm sure it wasn't, seeing as the boys put a lot of love into the majority of everything that they do, but to me the contrast in Roof is more than just a little bit overbearing. Also not the biggest fan of the vocals hahaha 

Hearing a 30 second leak was one thing. I wasn't the biggest fan but thought maybe I'd be pleasantly surprised. Reading the lyrics made me think it might be a song I would like. Hearing the whole thing? Rip. Not it. 😅

On 11/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I'm going to get absolutely roasted for saying this (at least I think I am) but I think "Bohemian Rhapsody" has run it's course and I wish they'd drop it. I'll leave quietly now...

I’d drop Boulevard instead. 

Room in the escape exit for one more?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

It's funny because I love GD's sappy stuff from Paper Lanters to Last Night On Earth to Sweet 16... and especially Youngblood! :wub:

Youngblood is rad :wub: Meet Me on the roof is one of my fave songs of the album though! It has an atmosphere of its own. Everything from the way the chords are assembled, to the singing and the bass interlude, kinda stands out. I especially love when Billie sings the 2nd time in each chorus, in falsetto: "come meet me on the roof tonight". 

Unpopular opinion #1: less interesting song on the album is Stab You in the Heart. Not that it's not enjoyable, or original (every song on the album is original especially compared to what they've done previously, and that alone makes it a strong album, I don't care what any review says lol) but to my ears it's the song that brings the least to the album. Sugar Youth and Graffitia are not my very fave but in terms of originality and musicality they're way more catchy to me.

Fave song off the album so far: Take the money and crawl. It's so bold, catchy and satisfying :wub:

Unpopular opinion #2: as for the singles, Oh Yeah > Fire Ready Aim > Foam song. For the music especially, because Billie's falsetto on Foam (when you distinctively hear it live) is awesome 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, greendepent said:

Graffitia is a bad closing song. I can't stop thinking that it feels incomplete.

As a closing I would prefer JOS or Forever Now

6 minutes ago, Melodramfool said:

Yep, I prefer this one rather than Oh Yeah

I dont prefer it to Oh Yeah but it's pretty good

• Love 1

Last Ride In and Espionage and Stop When the Red Lights Flash are all better than Meet Me On the Roof :shifty:

And now I will try to shut up about Roof for a while

• Like 1

Thinking about their shows, they really really don't need two pre-recorded songs playing. Ditch Bohemian Rhapsody and stick with the Ramones. Show starts sooner and it may leave room for another song on the setlist. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, kaylubd said:

Thinking about their shows, they really really don't need two pre-recorded songs playing. Ditch Bohemian Rhapsody and stick with the Ramones. Show starts sooner and it may leave room for another song on the setlist. 

BR would be better suited for stadiums though.  To be honest I have enough concerns about the actual setlist😋

• Like 3

Bohemian Rhapsody is the best thing to sing altogether. And when the song start you know Green Day is going to be on stage in less then 10 minutes so the excitement is 🔥

Naaah keep BR please. Get rid of KFAD and let's play Minority & Letterbomb normally. You just gain 45 min.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Bohemian Rhapsody is the best thing to sing altogether. And when the song start you know Green Day is going to be on stage in less then 10 minutes so the excitement is 🔥

Naaah keep BR please. Get rid of KFAD and let's play Minority & Letterbomb normally. You just gain 45 min.

I knew I liked you for a reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

I knew I liked you for a reason.

Not because of my alcholism?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Warning is not a very good album. Definitely my least favorite.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 2/13/2020 at 7:18 AM, 21st_century_gloria said:

I dont prefer it to Oh Yeah but it's pretty good

they're the same song

18 hours ago, Joe. said:

Homecoming shits all over Jesus of Suburbia

❤️

11 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Warning is not a very good album. Definitely my least favorite.

I find this interesting. I think when Warning dropped it was severely underrated but after AI it became overrated a tad. 

I think it's a middle of the pack album. It's a bit stiff at times, this is when they first moved to Pro Tools. 

Waiting and Minority are among some of the best tracks written. The title track has a cool bass lead. The rest are all middle of the pack songwriting for the band. Their first major departure from their old sound and definitely a necessary stepping stone for them. Even if AI didn't happen and we got C&V instead,