Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

I didn't say that I didn't like the insomniac vocals. But he does mumble alot in them. He has become a much better technical vocalist as he has aged

I think the way he mumbles the words on Insomniac is on purpose, not that he didn't know vocal techniques back then... of course he leanr something afer those days, but I think he chose to sing that way instead or more clearly, it matches with the album style

I think the way he mumbles the words on Insomniac is on purpose, not that he didn't know vocal techniques back then... of course he leanr something afer those days, but I think he chose to sing that way instead or more clearly, it matches with the album style

I have to disagree. No singer is going to mumble on purpose. Plus, he mumbles on all the earlier work, maybe not as much as on Insomniac, but he still mumbles. He has worked to become a better vocalist. During the Insomniac days, he did not have the capacity to record something like Foreverly.

Billie just sounded auto-tuned to fuck on the Trilogy. The vocals on 21CBD will always be his best.

Unfortunately, all modern music will have some form of auto-tuning. I don't think the trilogy was as bad as others today. I actually heard more auto-tuning on BIAB. But, I agree 21CB was his best GD vocal performance. Foreverly however, was vocally amazing.

• Like 2

One of my favorite live songs, based on vocals, has to be Road to Acceptance. Itty bitty Billie letting those sounds loose is enough to knock anyone over.
It's not exactly my most listened to on the album, but when I think of young green day, I think of this song live.

For Example

:wub:

• Like 2

I have to disagree. No singer is going to mumble on purpose.

I think Kurt Cobain used to mumble in his songs on purpose. Just my opinion though.

The filters on the vocals in the Trilogy seemed to take away their usual punch and Billie Joe's unique sound.

• Like 2

Billie uses filters he has never used auto tune

There are a few sections of BIAB where I hear what I think is auto tuning. The place that really sticks out is in the King for a Day/Shout medley where he is going "Wait a minute" Is that auto tuning or a filter?

Billie uses filters he has never used auto tune

I don't know if it's auto-tune or heavy pitch correction, but it's obvious on Restless Heart Syndrome.

I don't know if it's auto-tune or heavy pitch correction, but it's obvious on Restless Heart Syndrome.

Not auto tuned

• Like 2

Isn't that what auto tune does, correct the pitch?

I don't hear it on Restless Heart Syndrome. Listen to BIAB, the King for a Day/Shout medley. I hear it there

• Like 1

I don't hear it on Restless Heart Syndrome. Listen to BIAB, the King for a Day/Shout medley. I hear it there

I might say bullshit but auto tune is more like a global effect and gives a different voice, pitch correction sounds more natural and is more accurate as you can correct each note you want, not with auto-tune

Edit : The "so take me to" part sounds corrected

I haven't listened to BIAB but I don't remember seeing Billie use a seperate microphone just for that part most performets who use auto tune live use seperate mics one that's set on auto tune and one normal like Kanye will switch mics same with T Pain

I haven't listened to BIAB but I don't remember seeing Billie use a seperate microphone just for that part most performets who use auto tune live use seperate mics one that's set on auto tune and one normal like Kanye will switch mics same with T Pain

But can't they auto tune it after its recorded?

But can't they auto tune it after its recorded?

Yes

And just went back that's not auto tune not filtered

Yes

And just went back that's not auto tune not filtered

But Christie Road on Awesome as Fuck is definitely auto tuned or something, it just sounds really weird.

But Christie Road on Awesome as Fuck is definitely auto tuned or something, it just sounds really weird.

No it's not it sounds just like the cell phone video on YouTube

I will have to listen to Christie Road again, but one thing I love about Awesome as Fuck is it is pretty clear that they didn't do many corrections. You hear his voice cracking, just like if you were there. I would be surprised if they did one song.

• Like 1

No it doesn't

This song auto tune setting is set low as compared to say T Pain

Billie doesn't sound anything like that on any record

ok, thanks, I think I get it. It really wouldn't seem like Billie's style to use it anyway.

• lizziebix featured this topic