Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

And which is overproduced?

Never said anything was overproduced, Tim. :P Just hypothetical talking, saying that self-producing and "overproduction" isn't the same thing. :D

• Like 1

Never said anything was overproduced, Tim. :P Just hypothetical talking, saying that self-producing and "overproduction" isn't the same thing. :D

True

Tre is definitely my favorite of the trilogy. I can draw connections to warning in not only the production, but songs such as Walk Away and Little Boy Named Train. I'm also heavily intoxicated so...if anyone can help me out here lol

I'm just gonna wait till you sober up or someone just helps you out. :D

Guys always at least co-produce their albums. So it's not that. Self-producing and that term "production" (that everyone's so fond of throwing around, so I'll just go with it this time) might not necessarily be two different things. A band could self-produce the album and still have an "overproduced" product.

Ok that makes sense. I just thought they mentioned on I think it was Static Noise that Warning was self produced.

Unpopular one : Pulling Teeth is one of the best Green Day songs!

its my favorite off dookie at least, it's not a horribly off opinion at least.

Dookie to me is barly top 5 really wouldn't be top 5 for me

It is what got me into the band back in 94 but I guess years of repeatedly plays has got me against Dookie but to me 21st Insomniac AI Warning Nimrod are easily better imo

• Like 1

^ the vocals are for Deadbeat Holiday and Castaway. Still are my favorites from the album though.

Church on Sunday's got great vocals and Macy's Day Parade's are stellar

• Like 1

Unpopular one : Pulling Teeth is one of the best Green Day songs!

Yes! Easily in my top ten. A totally catchy and sweet sounding 60s style song with totally disturbing lyrics. Love the dark humour.

• Like 1

Pulling Teeth is a good song, definitely, but for me it's the weakest on Dookie.

I find that I listen to Dookie alot less than their other stuff. But when I do, I prefer songs such as Pulling Teeth. I think the big hits were played so often that I got tired of them. I have been getting a greater appreciation for She lately.

I find that I listen to Dookie alot less than their other stuff. But when I do, I prefer songs such as Pulling Teeth. I think the big hits were played so often that I got tired of them. I have been getting a greater appreciation for She lately.

She is an excellent song. And yeah, I know what you mean with the big hits getting overplayed - Basket Case used to be one I listened to pretty much every day, but then I got a bit tired of it and didn't listen to it so much anymore. Then I realised how fucking awesome the BIAB version is.

• Like 1

Then I realised how fucking awesome the BIAB version is.

Anything on BIAB was fucking awesome. I listen to that alot.

• Like 3

Pulling Teeth is a good song, definitely, but for me it's the weakest on Dookie.

Sassafras Roots is the weakest for me.

She is an excellent song. And yeah, I know what you mean with the big hits getting overplayed - Basket Case used to be one I listened to pretty much every day, but then I got a bit tired of it and didn't listen to it so much anymore. Then I realised how fucking awesome the BIAB version is.

As Tom's not here to do it, I'll say so--go listen to the Reading 2004 version. Blows BIAB out of the water.

• Like 3

I'd say In The End definitely the weakest for me. WICA/She the two strongest

• Like 2

Any song on BIAB sounds 100000000000000 times better than the studio version, except Good Riddance.

• Like 1

Any song on BIAB sounds 100000000000000 times better than the studio version, except Good Riddance.

Not JOS for sure

Not sure about that many zeros.

• Like 1

That bass though.

I don't like that version of Good Riddance at all.

idk if we've moved on to another opinion yet, but Welcome to Paradise has been played so much its my least favorite on Dookie.

I generally prefer Wake Me Up When September Ends to be sang in tune so that's a no from me.

I generally prefer Wake Me Up When September Ends to be sang in tune so that's a no from me.

I think the emotion Billie puts in to the song makes it better.

• Like 2

• lizziebix featured this topic