Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

The funny thing about the Oh Love video is Jason Whites presence. He's like seen in two shots and stands there awkwardly, I actually feel a bit sorry for him haha.

When is he in it?

I used to HATE Rest but now I think it's one of the chillest songs they have. I'm assuming that's unpopular because I remember a bunch of people saying a while back they thought it was the most boring GD song ever.

Hi. :)

When is he in it?

Hi. :)

Is this supposed to mean you think it's boring or you like it as well? :lol:

Is this supposed to mean you think it's boring or you like it as well? :lol:

rest=butt

• Like 4

I used to HATE Rest but now I think it's one of the chillest songs they have. I'm assuming that's unpopular because I remember a bunch of people saying a while back they thought it was the most boring GD song ever.

I'm assuming you have to be as high as they were when they recorded it to appreciate it :P

• Like 2

I'm assuming you have to be as high as they were when they recorded it to appreciate it :P

I'll have you know I've only been properly high once and I liked Rest LONG before that time :P

i dont even remember what rest sounds like but i feel like i'm probably not missing much :P

Like this.

Bleeding_ears_by_htfcuddles-300x300.png

• Like 4

i dont even remember what rest sounds like but i feel like i'm probably not missing much :P

I envy you.

Rest is one of those songs I dislike until I hear it, then I realise how awesome it is!

You do…you really do

I honestly don't get why Rest is so bad? Don't people like slow songs?

Not when the content implies it should be fast.

• Like 1

I honestly don't get why Rest is so bad? Don't people like slow songs?

Slow songs are fine. Rest is not.

Slow songs are fine. Rest is not.

I think he missed the part where you clearly explained that Rest = butt.

• Like 2

Rest is slow, but it also sounds unpalpable and boring. It tries to capture a certain dreamy feeling but fails horribly. It could be that Green Day as a band just are not able to capture that particular atmosphere.

Rest as a song has no direction and it sounds meaningless. Plus a song like that just sounds plainly wrong in that context. It would sound wrong even if it was a good song. But it does not manage well even when taken alone, so all that suggest that it is not merely a case of having a slow song in the middle of fast ones.

It sounds a bit psychedelic and psychedelia aint exactly their strenght. I cant get a grip of the melody, and the guitar line is annoying. To give praise when it is deserved, I think we should not be too hard, since after all it stands still as something original in their catalog. The idea is ok, the atmosphere they are trying to capture is fine, but the song itself is not very good and the production is just awful.

If they ever captured that atmosphere, they did it with the verses of Give Me Novacaine.

Well they were pretty young and was it recorded on the budget of like 5 dollars.

I understand, but it does not make me enjoy it more. I said "we should not be too hard" merely because of that. It would be interesting what would happen if that song was given a proper treatment. Maybe it just sucks all the way :lol: but you never can tell.

Surely it depends whose.

That's true. But I like Rest so this one must be a nice butt :happy:

I understand, but it does not make me enjoy it more. I said "we should not be too hard" merely because of that. It would be interesting what would happen if that song was given a proper treatment. Maybe it just sucks all the way :lol: but you never can tell.

I think itd be pretty cool acoustic actually

• Like 1

Well they were pretty young and was it recorded on the budget of like 5 dollars.

Yeah. I think the context matters quite a lot, not just to Rest but to all the songs on that album. If they made that song now it wouldn't be so good but in the context of stoned and love struck teenagers playing their hearts out on a limited budget (and during a time when 80s rock ballads that were way more cheesy and melodramatic were on the radio) it has a lot more charm.

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic