Green Day Instagram Photos

Liam

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

It's fun to point out the obvious especially when pointing out the obvious annoys people :P

:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, stories and songs said:

Billie was just saying he's going to be starting the new year off right because he's ending this year well, lol. 

Which might even make a certain degree of sense if he had done something significant to be considered "ending the year well" but the things he choose to mention (that I said were irrelevant) were going to see a movie, bleaching his sons hair and the fact that his other son got a tattoo. That's a boring night for a boring person. If anyone said they were starting a Tuesday off well because they'd done those things on a Monday night 99% of people would laugh in their faces never mind starting off a new year well because they'd done those things in previous weeks :lol:

17 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Which might even make a certain degree of sense if he had done something significant to be considered "ending the year well" but the things he choose to mention (that I said were irrelevant) were going to see a movie, bleaching his sons hair and the fact that his other son got a tattoo. That's a boring night for a boring person. If anyone said they were starting a Tuesday off well because they'd done those things on a Monday night 99% of people would laugh in their faces never mind starting off a new year well because they'd done those things in previous weeks :lol:

I disagree.  He was talking about sharing time with his family.  What's more wonderful than that?  You really need to put your cynicism in check.

2 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

I disagree.  He was talking about sharing time with his family.  What's more wonderful than that?  You really need to put your cynicism in check.

Oh God. Really? It's so very wonderful to spend time with family. Most people do it every day which is why my point is completely valid and yours invalid... spending time with your family normally is not so unusual as to require a social media post to say it's a great way to start a year off. 

7 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Oh God. Really? It's so very wonderful to spend time with family. Most people do it every day which is why my point is completely valid and yours invalid... spending time with your family normally is not so unusual as to require a social media post to say it's a great way to start a year off. 

Right. Because social media is not the place to celebrate the simple things in life like the the joy of family.

1 minute ago, lizziebix said:

Right. Because social media is not the place to celebrate the simple things in life like the the joy of family.

:lol: You are deliberately ignoring the point of my post. 

I said spending time with your family normally is not so unusual as to require a social media post to say it's a great way to start a year off. 

I have no problem with anyone posting about having family values.  Maybe it will be an inspiration for people who don't.  I would much rather hear Billie posting about spending time with his family than that chant at the AMA's 

14 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I said spending time with your family normally is not so unusual as to require a social media post to say it's a great way to start a year off. 

Yeah, it's normally not so unusual - but this guy is in a band which has just returned from a US tour and is about to embark on a multi-continental international tour.  It's fair to assume that quiet, 'normal' family time is very special to him.

2 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Yeah, it's normally not so unusual - but this guy is in a band which has just returned from a US tour and is about to embark on a multi-continental international tour.  It's fair to assume that quiet, 'normal' family time is very special to him.

So we'll just ignore 2012-2016 then :P. Honestly it's pretty hilarious how defensive some of you guys on here are. I am one person. I found some of the stuff he stuck on his post silly. Look how many of you feel the need to defend him like he's your kid. It's my opinion. Get over it :lol:

42 minutes ago, Marki. said:

Finally!! No more pervstache!!

It's the little things that count. My 2016 was amazing because of that. Everybody keep saying how much they hated last year for the people we lost, and yes it made me sad, but for me it was another great year, another year with my family, another year healthy, another year of having something to eat, Green Day came back and, personally, that was the best thing ever (don't care how sad that sounds). And I started this new year with my family and that is always a good way to start a new year, cause not everybody can say that. 

So yes, I'm glad Billie is saying he's having already a good year just cause his son got his first tattoo and he saw the new Start Wars, if that makes you happy, that's the only thing that matters. 

57 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Most people shitpost like that everyday as well tho 

I'm gonna defend his right to shitpost as any internet user worth their salt should 

Also, gr8 b8 m8!

21 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

So we'll just ignore 2012-2016 then :P. Honestly it's pretty hilarious how defensive some of you guys on here are. I am one person. I found some of the stuff he stuck on his post silly. Look how many of you feel the need to defend him like he's your kid. It's my opinion. Get over it :lol:

Then get over that someone is happy just cause he saw a movie and spend time with his family and feels that is going to be a good year just because of that and decided to post it on HIS OWN PERSONAL FREE SOCIAL MEDIA. 

And that is also my opinion, hope you can get over that lol. 

13 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

It's the little things that count. My 2016 was amazing because of that. Everybody keep saying how much they hated last year for the people we lost, and yes it made me sad, but for me it was another great year, another year with my family, another year healthy, another year of having something to eat, Green Day came back and, personally, that was the best thing ever (don't care how sad that sounds). And I started this new year with my family and that is always a good way to start a new year, cause not everybody can say that. 

So yes, I'm glad Billie is saying he's having already a good year just cause his son got his first tattoo and he saw the new Start Wars, if that makes you happy, that's the only thing that matters. 

I agree 100% :happy:

As Billie is about to embark on a tour with GD, and Joey is about to tour with SWMRS, it's perfectly normal that they will want to spend quality time together as a family.... even if they are doing ''boring'' stuff like watching a film, getting a tattoo, hair dying, etc. These past few weeks are the last time for quite some time that the Armstrong's will be able to spend some quality time together. Look at the tour dates that SWMRS are doing: when Billie is touring Europe, Joey will be touring the US... and when Billie's touring the US, Joey will be touring Europe.

36 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

Then get over that someone is happy just cause he saw a movie and spend time with his family and feels that is going to be a good year just because of that and decided to post it on HIS OWN PERSONAL FREE SOCIAL MEDIA. 

And that is also my opinion, hope you can get over that lol. 

Its my opinion that his happiness about spending time with his family in the last few weeks of 2016 doesn't make any logical sense to indicate that 2017 will be a good year. If he feels otherwise good for him but I doubt it's going to work out that way or every year would be amazingly fabulous for normal families. I expressed this and got half the forum having a freak out. That is all. 

5 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Its my opinion that his happiness about spending time with his family in the last few weeks of 2016 doesn't make any logical sense to indicate that 2017 will be a good year. If he feels otherwise good for him but I doubt it's going to work out that way or every year would be amazingly fabulous for normal families. I expressed this and got half the forum having a freak out. That is all. 

It's because what you said was offensive to people. It was so, so sweet that Billie is obviously finding great happiness in spending time with his family AND that he was willing to share it with his fans. His happiness is contagious. You making a negative comment about it just seemed mean-spirited and completey missing the point, so people felt the need to defend him. Does that make more sense?

42 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I totally get what you mean (and you are right that having a good time in December doesn't guarantee the following year will be good. Even though I doubt anyone thinks that - his point was about starting the year feeling happy and that's how most of it understood it.) However, I don't see what's the point in analyzing his social media posts the way you do. I don't get why you need to try to prove wrong any statement he makes, including a simple post about being happy and doing normal stuff. 

Two to three pages of trying to prove I'm wrong for having an opinion about something totally unimportant later...:lol::rolleyes: 

4 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Two to three pages of trying to prove I'm wrong for having an opinion about something totally unimportant later...:lol::rolleyes: 

As I said before, your bait worked.

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

:P:lol:

3 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

:P:lol:

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived