Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I don't know, some kind of group therapy to ease the tensions bewteen the members

I had read one article, just one that stated it was Billie that forced them to talk. The article said he made them sit down every day and just talk, not about music, just talk. I question the validity of it in general. It sounded like total BS when I read it.

• Like 1

Just watched "100 Greatest Songs of the 90's" on VH1. Green Day's Good Riddance got the 37th spot. I'm kinda surprised they didn't go with Longview or Basket Case, but I guess GR is more popular.

I had read one article, just one that stated it was Billie that forced them to talk. The article said he made them sit down every day and just talk, not about music, just talk. I question the validity of it in general. It sounded like total BS when I read it.

Yeah what guys sit down & just talk - that would mean communicating

• Like 1

I've got all my music on shuffle and 16 just came on. I forgot how good this song is.

i first heard that song at 14, and now at 21 I can still relate to it.

I feel as though, despite the song title, it should be considered one of the many "timeless" green day songs, as it can apply to pretty much anyone at any age.

• Like 1

Yeah what guys sit down & just talk - that would mean communicating

yeah I know right,? That doesn't happen with guys.

Homecoming is absolutely phenomenal.

Just thought this needed reiterating :happy:
  • Like 1

Macy's Day Parade just came on and oh my God I need to take deep breaths. I've never listened to it this loud before and I've been missing out all my life.

Yeah I know! it's such a amazing song!
  • Like 1

Listening to Governator for the first time in ages. I don't care what anyone says, this song fucking rocks. Wish Mike sang more.

• Like 3

^ whenever I think of Mike on vocals, my mind automatically goes to this

:rolleyes:

Does he do any lead vox in The Frustrators? Unfortunately in 8 years I've only listened to like 2 of their songs -__-

• Like 1

Listening to Governator for the first time in ages. I don't care what anyone says, this song fucking rocks. Wish Mike sang more.

It took me a few plays to really get it, but yes, I like it too.

Gotta wonder how many songs billie has lying around.

Maybe not a lot of full, flushed out songs but I bet he has hundreds and hundreds of bits of songs/music and lyrics.

Maybe not a lot of full, flushed out songs but I bet he has hundreds and hundreds of bits of songs/music and lyrics.

Yeah that's what I meant. Wonder if he uses a filing system

Yeah that's what I meant. Wonder if he uses a filing system

By key? By topic? By how many swear words he can smash into one line? :lol: How would you even file bits of lyrics and/or music?

Maybe it's just in a notebook; or many notebooks.

• Like 1

He said in rollingstone he records riffs and keeps them on his phone.

Okay, but before he did that...he must have been literally writing things down. Don't you think?

Why the hell was Lights Out just a b-side?

For the same reason Billie Joe says 99 Revolutions is one of the best song he has ever written and Horseshoes and Handgrenades almost never made the album because he thinks it sucks.

Edited by mrduckygoosy

Okay, but before he did that...he must have been literally writing things down. Don't you think?

I vote for post it notes all over the place

For the same reason Billie Joe says 99 Revolutions is the best song he has ever written and Horseshoes and Handgrenades almost never made the album because he thinks it sucks.

We actually went through this awhile back. The Rolling Stone interview says that 99 revolutions is one of the best, not the best. I was wrong on that too

• Like 1

For the same reason Billie Joe says 99 Revolutions is the best song he has ever written and Horseshoes and Handgrenades almost never made the album because he thinks it sucks.

:mellow:

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic