Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

So here's a thing I did:

Swapped Prosthetic Head and Good Riddance in the running order on Nimrod. It's given me a whole new appreciation of Prosthetic Head. It'd always seemed like a bit of an afterthought after Good Riddance, which I had thought was always suited to being an album closer, but now, the whole thing just sounds much better.

• Like 2

So here's a thing I did:

Swapped Prosthetic Head and Good Riddance in the running order on Nimrod. It's given me a whole new appreciation of Prosthetic Head. It'd always seemed like a bit of an afterthought after Good Riddance, which I had thought was always suited to being an album closer, but now, the whole thing just sounds much better.

I must try this too. I still don't find Prosthetic Head spectacularly appealing when I listen to Nimrod, but when I so listen to it alone I'm always surprised how good it actually is, so that change would probably help I guess.

So Dirty Rotten Bastards = Billie summoning his fellow vampires from the grave to destroy the human race.

BRB, building you an altar.

• Like 1

I still don't find Prosthetic Head spectacularly appealing when I listen to Nimrod, but when I so listen to it alone I'm always surprised how good it actually is, so that change would probably help I guess.

In my opinion, Prosthetic Head is one of the best tracks on Nimrod. Doesn't really get the recognition it deserves.

• Like 2

I always forget Prosthetic Head is even on the album :lol:, but then when it does come on I think to myself how could I ever forget this masterpiece.

my first Nimrod CD was bought at a church bazaar for $0.25 and it was so scratched that it wouldn't play the last 5 songs from the album.
I remember buying a new one a year later and crying because I finally was able to listen to it all the way through.
Prosthetic Head became the second song I learned on bass shortly after <3

I still don't get how people dislike Nimrod, one of Green Day's greatest albums.

the fact the songs don't appeal to me help with not liking it. :P i don't dislike it, not by a long shot, it's just not an album that i think 'hey i should listen to that!'. i get bored partly way through.

the fact the songs don't appeal to me help with not liking it. :P i don't dislike it, not by a long shot, it's just not an album that i think 'hey i should listen to that!'. i get bored party way through.

What albums would you want to listen to then?

What albums would you want to listen to then?

shit, i meant partly. whoops. :lol: my favourite GD albums are American Idiot & Warning, then Dos/Dookie/Insomniac come up next.

shit, i meant partly. whoops. :lol: my favourite GD albums are American Idiot & Warning, then Dos/Dookie/Insomniac come up next.

You'd put Dos ahead of Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod???

You'd put Dos ahead of Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod???

Nimrod is last, 21stCBD being second to. and yes, i love Dos :P Dookie/Insomniac are tied very close 3rd, though.

Nimrod is last, 21stCBD being second to. and yes, i love Dos :P Dookie/Insomniac are tied very close 3rd, though.

:shok:

I'd go AI, Dookie, Nimrod/Insomniac, Warning/21CB/Kerplunk, Uno/1039SOSH, Tre, Dos; though that fluctuates a lot.

Then again, you don't like Star Wars, so...

:shok:

I'd go AI, Dookie, Nimrod/Insomniac, 21CB/Kerplunk, Uno/1039SOSH, Tre, Dos; though that fluctuates a lot.

Then again, you don't like Star Wars, so...

my order does confuse a lot of folk. also, you didn't list Warning you fucker!!

AI/Warning, Dos, Dookie/Insomniac, 21stCBD, Uno, Tre, Nimrod, Kerplunk/1039sosh. so maybe my above statement was a bit harsh as i forgot a couple albums (oops), but still fairly accurate :P also if i could list Shenanigans, it'd come somewhere between Uno & Tre.

my order does confuse a lot of folk. also, you didn't list Warning you fucker!!

AI/Warning, Dos, Dookie/Insomniac, 21stCBD, Uno, Tre, Nimrod, Kerplunk/1039sosh. so maybe my above statement was a bit harsh as i forgot a couple albums (oops), but still fairly accurate :P also if i could list Shenanigans, it'd come somewhere between Uno & Tre.

Oh fuck, I didn't list Warning! Right, editing my post. And I'd put Shenanigans between Kerplunk and Uno, and Stop Drop & Roll between 21CB and Kerplunk.

Oh fuck, I didn't list Warning! Right, editing my post. And I'd put Shenanigans between Kerplunk and Uno, and Stop Drop & Roll between 21CB and Kerplunk.

oo, SD&R would probably be around 21stCBD. i can't decide if before or after, though..

I know I thought it would be funny to highlight it :ninja:

Oh yes I remember you in the unpopular opinions thread saying you liked Dos. Nothing pre-Dookie? :o, if you like Dos surely you have to like something pre-Dookie.

I know I thought it would be funny to highlight it :ninja:

Oh yes I remember you in the unpopular opinions thread saying you liked Dos. Nothing pre-Dookie? :o, if you like Dos surely you have to like something pre-Dookie.

i've listened to Kerplunk/1039 maybe 4 times each?? i really can't get on with them. i think the recording quality plays a major part, as i can hardly understand what he's saying & it just sounds so rough. if it had the recording quality of post Dookie, i'd probably enjoy them.

also, my favourite Trilogy song is Nightlife :ninja: but thats a comment more for Unpopular Opinions :lol:

Lmao "recording quality" :lol:

idk if i used the right term (correct me with the right one if i did indeed use the wrong one!), but it just sounds like shit to me. i'm a fuss arse alright?! :P

i've listened to Kerplunk/1039 maybe 4 times each?? i really can't get on with them. i think the recording quality plays a major part, as i can hardly understand what he's saying & it just sounds so rough. if it had the recording quality of post Dookie, i'd probably enjoy them.

also, my favourite Trilogy song is Nightlife :ninja: but thats a comment more for Unpopular Opinions :lol:

I thought that for ages, but I've come to really like the sound on the Lookout-era stuff. Not sure what changed, but there was just a time when I thought "hang on, this is great". Also, they should definitely rerecord them in the same way as the 409 In Your Coffeemaker rerecording was done, because that's great.

And yeah, I try to pretend Nightlife doesn't exist.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic