Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I just got this text from my mam - that's the pub where she sings AI on karaoke :lol:

IMG-20230515-185905.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, squinty bitch said:

I just got this text from my mam - that's the pub where she sings AI on karaoke :lol:

IMG-20230515-185905.jpg

Awww 🥰   I'm your mam...lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I guess the 1972 Era is already over.   Nearly 500 pages all over a 12 second Holiday ripoff.   I say let's count it as a full length album and move ahead with our proposed Album 15 Speculation Thread.   😉

Just cuz I'm bored, what dog breeds do you think GD would be if they were dogs?

I feel like Billie is a corgi for some reason 😅

Tre could probably pass as a chocolate lab

• Like 2

4 hours ago, squinty bitch said:

Just cuz I'm bored, what dog breeds do you think GD would be if they were dogs?

I feel like Billie is a corgi for some reason 😅

Tre could probably pass as a chocolate lab

Homeward Bound  but with Green Day.    Mike Dirnt is Shadow.  Tre Cool is Chance.  Billie is Sassy, of course. 

I feel that Tre is actually a very smart guy so I think he’s more of a husky/malamute type dog, Mike is definitely the Labrador of the group, will go with golden rather than chocolate because he’s so slim and Billie… I think he’s got to be a Heinz or a breed I don’t know as he’s so energetic, constantly busy/working/having ideas and smart but he’s compact and cute.. maybe a sheep dog of some sort or a Jack Russell but a nice one.  What’s sad is how much I’ve thought about this since I saw @squinty bitchpost 😂😂😂

• Like 3

On 5/18/2023 at 8:02 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Someone at my job who don't know them very much showed me the video. It's getting very popular!!

Hmm.   I thought Billie wanted to play a new song but this shows that was a lie.  You are NOT the father, 😆 

Time to make a video about this. 

On 5/26/2023 at 8:36 PM, Vintage Disciple said:

Okay, so in the last two days, I have seen more cars with license plates that begin with BJ then I have ever seen in my LIFE!  Obviously this means that 1972 is being released soon!  😂

Seek and you will find.  Especially in  license plates.   There was someone I had unrequited feeling for with a short name, and I swear their three letter name was on every one. 😄  I still see the word "foam" everywhere I look.

It's kind of like seeing the same car you drive.  

• Like 1

Someone just told me that I'm their favorite YouTuber, and that I should shift into just Green Day videos.   Man, that feels good.   I can only imagine how Billie, Mike and Tre feel.   Haha.    Welp, using this confidence boost, I'm not about to do tier list every Green Day song ever.   

• Like 3

9 hours ago, That Dude said:

https://tiermaker.com/create/all-green-day-songs-2021-286174 #TierMaker via @TierMaker

whew.  My mouth is dry.

That was an interesting way to avoid things I actually need to do. Thanks!

gAJFTTF.png

It feels very odd putting anything from B–D in those tiers because considering all music, they're like A or even S. But as far as Green Day goes, they're not quite as good as the ones above. I can live without the ones below though. Especially the very last tier. I would prefer to live without those.

I'm still going to try your challenge of ranking all Green Day songs at some point. Probably when I have something especially important I don't want to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

So once in a while, I like to check out Green Day's Spotify numbers compared to other popular rock acts, just to see how they hold up after what's being considered a flop album (sorry guys!), and I continue to be amazed by how much people still listen to them all the time!

As of today, they have 26.300.000 monthly listeners, rising every day for no reason, with almost 4 years without a new album and not much playlisting, compared to:

- Foo Fighters: 21.100.000 (they're in the middle of their rollout and their new album comes out in a few days)

- Metallica: 25.800.000 (with an album released a few weeks ago)

- Blink-182: 17.900.000 (in the middle of their tour after headlining Coachella and about to release their new album)

- Fall Out Boy: 22.300.000 (after releasing an album a month ago and touring)

- The Killers: 21.200.000 (with two albums released in between 2021-2022)

- Paramore: 19.500.000 (with an album released in February and currently touring)

- My Chemical Romance: 15.700.000 (still in the middle of their reunion tour)

- The 1975: 16.200.000 (in the middle of a tour and with a lot promo because of the relationship with Taylor Swift)

- Muse: 13.600.000 (with an album released last year)

- Twenty One Pilots: 23.400.000 (with an album released in 2021)

- Tame Impala: 25.000.000 (with an album released in 2020 and a collab single with Gorillaz this year)

- Panic! at the Disco: 23.100.000 (they announced they're over this year, but I guess it still counts)

Honestly, kudos to the guys for doing so well despite not doing much to boost their numbers. Usually, monthly listeners switch up a lot depending on new activity with albums, features or soundtracks, but their numbers always stay above 25 million, that's kinda wild actually. Sometimes even I forget how enormous they still are, like what do you mean they're not my small little band?? I'm especially impressed by the comparison with Foo Fighters and Metallica, who are in the middle of their promotions, and Green Day still have more consistent streaming even being inactive, I would have never thought that! 

That’s really cool. I’m sure the Hella Mega tour boosted their numbers a bit, playing their hits night after night to millions of potential new fans. We may hate it but it does make a difference. They are also one of those rare aging bands that still gains young fans every year, new kids are always discovering them and their shows continue to be all ages. That’s unusual for a band of guys in their fifties that haven’t had a hit in many years. I go see other older acts and their audience is aging with them, there are no new young fans. Green Day is an anomaly. It’s like they will always be synonymous with teenage rebellion for any generation 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 7/28/2015 at 1:40 PM, Beerjeezus said:

yeah, it's such bullshit that it sometimes makes you wonder how much of it was intentionally bad, stupid or over-the-top or if John Roecker attempted to make actual "art".

I haven't read the whole convo here but I can assure you JR always intends to make real art. He is not into the mundane or doing things just to please the masses. If I say much more LBNB and Lukie will surely come at me riding with the horsemen of the apocalypse... let's just say I got to see some of the film before the wide release and I asked about a choice and suggested cutting a part down. It didn't go over well. LOL But I understood where he was coming from and I respect it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s really cool. I’m sure the Hella Mega tour boosted their numbers a bit, playing their hits night after night to millions of potential new fans. We may hate it but it does make a difference. They are also one of those rare aging bands that still gains young fans every year, new kids are always discovering them and their shows continue to be all ages. That’s unusual for a band of guys in their fifties that haven’t had a hit in many years. I go see other older acts and their audience is aging with them, there are no new young fans. Green Day is an anomaly. It’s like they will always be synonymous with teenage rebellion for any generation 

Yeah, they definitely are a anomaly, they must be probably in the third generation of fans by now, gonna have 80 and 15 year olds rocking out in the same concert haha 

That's why I don't think it's far-fetched to think they could headline the Super Bowl, they always switch up between trendy and legacy acts, and they haven't had a rock artist in a long time. The only problem would be trying to control Billie 😅

• Like 4

• Liam unpinned this topic