Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

9 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Question. Hypothetical.

You never saw Green Day live in your life. You have two choices.

You can see their entire world tour being at the front row 

OR

You can meet them during 15 minutes before a show but watch the show from the last seat in the back.

Totally see the shows, as long as I’m not going to not get flattened at the front 😂😂.  Much as I would love to meet them, I’m sure I wouldn’t have a clue what to say or would gush over them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Totally see the shows, as long as I’m not going to not get flattened at the front 😂😂.  Much as I would love to meet them, I’m sure I wouldn’t have a clue what to say or would gush over them.

Absolutely, to see all those shows live I'd feel I'd died and gone to heaven. 

As for meeting the band, they are flesh and blood just like us. So would maybe say "Hay, fancy going down the pub for a pint?" Ask if everyone is good, including Tre following his apparent injury. Then, after a few bevvies, dive in for the low down on the new album.  A few more bevvies, then the final question, "Now about The Network...... 🤩

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Question. Hypothetical.

You never saw Green Day live in your life. You have two choices.

You can see their entire world tour being at the front row 

OR

You can meet them during 15 minutes before a show but watch the show from the last seat in the back.

I had to think about it, but I'm going to choose every show.  

Guess I'll DM you my address so you'll know where to send the fat stack of tickets, haha! 

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2023 at 12:42 PM, The Grohl said:

Seeing all the shows from the front! Hopefully I would still be able to meet them at some point. They're still my dream interview! But I'd rather experience more shows from such a great spot. I wouldn't know what to say to the guys anyway.

Billie might demand you change your username to The Armstrong.

• Haha 1

Aint watched this video for ages. Really love this. I wonder if those watching at the time realised what was coming. Can't get over the guys walking past oblivious to the sound of a band that would change our lives and we would fall in love with.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pcj said:

Aint watched this video for ages. Really love this. I wonder if those watching at the time realised what was coming. Can't get over the guys walking past oblivious to the sound of a band that would change our lives and we would fall in love with.

I like to think when I watch that that in only four short years they’d be on MTV and playing Woodstock and Madison Square Garden. Crazy!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Can I ask for an opinion?

is it creepy/ weird I try and go to all the shows GD plays? I don't mean ALL the shows like every single one I mean all the festivals they've been playing in 2022/ this year. Just the ones in US as that's where I'm from. And they're like spaced out too so its not like I'm going to multiple shows a week.

i went to all the US ones (festivals) last year minus the one in Chicago as I got sick. I HAVE to have things to look forward to months in advance as I deal with bad thoughts towards myself and need a way to "hold on" if you know what I mean. And from my issues past/ present(childhood abuse/ trauma) some songs really give me hope(JoS and Still Breathing) being 2 of then.

NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP ME THE SAME WAY GREEN DAY'S MUSIC DOES. Trust me I've tried to broaden my music tastes its so hard I don't relate to other bands like I do Green Day. I mean, is that normal? Is it common and is anyone else like that?

like if GD were on their own tour now(like when they will when 1972 is released) I plan on going to more shows but spaced out, not every day. Like say I'd go to a show once in May, but another in July/ September that's how I'd do it.

i won't mention any names and they did say they were't on gdc but another fan I met over the summer saw I went to the Innings show last nite in Phoenix Arizona and said its "creepy" I have gone to so many shows(they follows me on insta) I am not mentioning user names of them but then they also said "Billie thinks its weird if he sees people go to multiple shows and that he only picks people he doesn't like to do KYE or Knowledge" and they know I did KYE at the first Innings show last March 2022. And then after that comment they said if he sees people multiple times at shows he'll pick them to sing/ play as basically telling them "f off and leave me alone" without actually saying it.

and that was only my 5th show i got chosen to go on stage at:

is that true? Bc I already feel horrible now. I don't even do creepy stuff I just go to the shows, get their early to get front of the pit and I don't even take that many videos. I only took 4 and a couple pics last nite bc I was just so into the show(jumping/ head banging) that I didn't have my phone out alot at all hardly.

i don't want Billie, Mike, Tre to think I'm weird for going to so many shows and like I said if they were touring I'd go every few months to a show. This person said they (Green Day) hate seeing people go to multiple shows and will ignore you if they notice you do.

That really hurts since I play music too and look up to Billie, Mike, Tre as people and as musicians as I play guitar/ sing myself. I feel bad now for tagging Mike and Billie(his longshot one since he is still having his main one as deactivated) I don't want either of them(and Mike has commented music related emoji's on my posts before I've tagged him in from shows. So I don't know if he thinks its weird or not I go to alot of shows.

i'm sorry this is so long and i hope this is an ok section to post this in as it is Green Day related and my thoughts.

Not me breaking down in the airport waiting on my flight which is in an hour bc I'm sitting here feeling miserable bc of post concert depression, lack of sleep, not being sober after going almost 4 weeks(nothing hard) but I let myself down and this persons comments😖

wanted to post this here to get advice from other Green Day fans and bc this is way more anonymous than say me posting for advice on my social media whereas this "friend" could totally see it.

was even thinking about snagging me and my other friend(a fan of GD) whom I also met last summer at a festival Coverups tickets once the rescheduled show gets rescheduled bc of this persons comments of calling it creepy to go to so many shows. I mean I'm in a band granted we are newer but if I had a dedicated hard core fan I would not care if they were at every show I played. I mean... my biggest dream/ goal is to have my band open up for GD one day. But I don't wanna ruin that chance if it is weird I go to alot of shows. 

i'm not even rich I just budget and set money aside for stuff like this. It's just how I survive and have stuff to look forward to so I can "hold on" persay and not get as many bad thiughts about myself as I have things lined up to do in the next few months.

i'm sorry i sound so stupid but i literally cried to myself when i got back to my airbnb for 2 hours on and off after that persons comments to me(they were actually at the same show, saw i was also going from my insta stories, met me there) and after the show was over took me aside and told me that. And now I feel like its true what if they do hate me. And hate other fans who are always first or 2nd row in the pit(like i usually always am as i get there early).

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I know exactly who that person in Arizona was. They're known for being an asshole and saying a lot of bullshit. Also they're banned on GDC.

Thank you. I just don't wanna say their name/ username but it does hurt esp since I've been feeling so down lately. 

3 hours ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

is it creepy/ weird I try and go to all the shows GD plays? I don't mean ALL the shows like every single one I mean all the festivals they've been playing in 2022/ this year. Just the ones in US as that's where I'm from. And they're like spaced out too so its not like I'm going to multiple shows a week.

i went to all the US ones (festivals) last year minus the one in Chicago as I got sick. I HAVE to have things to look forward to months in advance as I deal with bad thoughts towards myself and need a way to "hold on" if you know what I mean. And from my issues past/ present(childhood abuse/ trauma) some songs really give me hope(JoS and Still Breathing) being 2 of then.

NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP ME THE SAME WAY GREEN DAY'S MUSIC DOES. Trust me I've tried to broaden my music tastes its so hard I don't relate to other bands like I do Green Day. I mean, is that normal? Is it common and is anyone else like that?

like if GD were on their own tour now(like when they will when 1972 is released) I plan on going to more shows but spaced out, not every day. Like say I'd go to a show once in May, but another in July/ September that's how I'd do it.

i won't mention any names and they did say they were't on gdc but another fan I met over the summer saw I went to the Innings show last nite in Phoenix Arizona and said its "creepy" I have gone to so many shows(they follows me on insta) I am not mentioning user names of them but then they also said "Billie thinks its weird if he sees people go to multiple shows and that he only picks people he doesn't like to do KYE or Knowledge" and they know I did KYE at the first Innings show last March 2022. And then after that comment they said if he sees people multiple times at shows he'll pick them to sing/ play as basically telling them "f off and leave me alone" without actually saying it.

is that true? Bc I already feel horrible now. I don't even do creepy stuff I just go to the shows, get their early to get front of the pit and I don't even take that many videos. I only took 4 and a couple pics last nite bc I was just so into the show(jumping/ head banging) that I didn't have my phone out alot at all hardly.

i don't want Billie, Mike, Tre to think I'm weird for going to so many shows and like I said if they were touring I'd go every few months to a show. This person said they (Green Day) hate seeing people go to multiple shows and will ignore you if they notice you do.

That really hurts since I play music too and look up to Billie, Mike, Tre as people and as musicians as I play guitar/ sing myself. I feel bad now for tagging Mike and Billie(his longshot one since he is still having his main one as deactivated) I don't want either of them(and Mike has commented music related emoji's on my posts before I've tagged him in from shows. So I don't know if he thinks its weird or not I go to alot of shows.

i'm sorry this is so long and i hope this is an ok section to post this in as it is Green Day related and my thoughts.

Not me breaking down in the airport waiting on my flight which is in an hour bc I'm sitting here feeling miserable bc of post concert depression, lack of sleep, not being sober after going almost 4 weeks(nothing hard) but I let myself down and this persons comments😖

wanted to post this here to get advice from other Green Day fans and bc this is way more anonymous than say me posting for advice on my social media whereas this "friend" could totally see it.

was even thinking about snagging me and my other friend(a fan of GD) whom I also met last summer at a festival Coverups tickets once the rescheduled show gets rescheduled bc of this persons comments of calling it creepy to go to so many shows. I mean I'm in a band granted we are newer but if I had a dedicated hard core fan I would not care if they were at every show I played. I mean... my biggest dream/ goal is to have my band open up for GD one day. But I don't wanna ruin that chance if it is weird I go to alot of shows. 

i'm not even rich I just budget and set money aside for stuff like this. It's just how I survive and have stuff to look forward to so I can "hold on" persay and not get as many bad thiughts about myself as I have things lined up to do in the next few months.

i'm sorry i sound so stupid but i literally cried to myself when i got back to my airbnb for 2 hours on and off after that persons comments to me(they were actually at the same show, saw i was also going from my insta stories, met me there) and after the show was over took me aside and told me that. And now I feel like its true what if they do hate me. And hate other fans who are always first or 2nd row in the pit(like i usually always am as i get there early).

Don't take any notice of them please. I don’t believe any of the stuff they said to you is true

• Like 3

I don’t think that’s creepy at all, most bands have super fans who go to lots of shows and while it may amuse them a little, I think they must like it.  If you were stalking them after each show, turning up at their hotel etc, that would be creepy.  I don’t believe that stuff that other fan told you re Billie getting fans up on stage, sounds like nonsense to me.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

It was cruel what that person said to you and completely untrue. Don’t listen to fans that judge other fans, people rely on their favorite bands for all sorts of personal reasons and find it helpful. But if you are using concerts to self medicate instead of therapy, and you really are barely hanging on, might I suggest you consider regular therapy? It could be much more helpful and you could still go to Green Day shows for your own enjoyment, but not as an alternative to mental health care. Good luck.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Thank you. I just don't wanna say their name/ username but it does hurt esp since I've been feeling so down lately. 

Just block them everywhere you can - they've been annoying everybody in the fandom for the past decade.

That said, it's important to have other things in your life than just fandom, not because it's bad to go to a lot of shows, but because going to shows isn't fundamentally in your hands and it's good to have other things that make you happy and that you can keep busy with while the band is on a break.

• Like 4

On 2/25/2023 at 7:16 AM, That Dude said:

Billie might demand you change your username to The Armstrong.

I'd be willing to do that for an interview! 

(I'll just change it back later :shifty:)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Thank you for sharing your feelings, that took a lot of courage. You are not stupid, and you have nothing to be sorry about.

Just follow your heart, and go see GD as often as you want and can. Words cannot fully explain that feeling you get each time you see them play. Just enjoy. 

If anyone tries to put you down coz you love seeing GD they're only jealous of your happiness and haven't got what you have. They're loosing out.

Take care.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

We’ve heard enough of the first eight Green Day records.   This is what Green Day Live 2023 should be:

1.        BANG BANG

2.        Meet Me On the Roof

3.        X-Kid

4.        Holy Toledo

5.        Father of All

6.        Rock N Roll All Nite

7.       Dreaming

8.       The Simpsons Theme

9.        Last of the American Girls

10.    When It’s Time

11.    Revolution Radio

12.    Back in the USA

13.    Pollyanna

14.    Oh Yeah!

15.    Let Yourself Go

16.    Kill the DJ

17.    Working Class Hero

18.   Oh Love

19.   Know Your Enemy

20.    Still Breathing

21.    The Saints Are Coming

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mar said:

I finally found a full version of their 2009 SNL episode and it's fun because it was like the beginning of my descent into madness. I was a casual fan and didn't really like KYE, as a SNL stan I of course was watching the episode and it was the first time I heard 21 Guns and loved it. That made me more willing to see them live and three days before the 21CB tour date near me, I bought a ticket to the show and became obsessed after that. Just a fun trip down memory lane. Also funny to see Tom Hanks cut Tre off as they walk off in the Goodnight Saigon sketch and Billie try to fuck with Will Ferrell during the goodnights 😄

Is it on YouTube?

• Like 2

• Liam unpinned this topic