Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

For me, Green Day need to recording a new concept album

RevRad was safe zone, FOAM a bunch of songs without purpose, no mention about trilogy... they desperately need a direction now. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 9:46 AM, BillieMyLove said:

This is another great performance. They absolutely slay this. No one can say they don't look like they are having a great time here. Billie looks especially happy during Basket Case. I love how they brought that guy on stage and had him stage dive during Know Your Enemy. And you see some great examples of Billie working the crowd during Revolution Radio and Jesus of Suburbia. Like we were discussing before, those people standing right in front of him probably feel like he is singing right to them, even if he is focusing on his perofrmance and the whole crowd. 

So good...Love that he recognized what a moment it was for that guy he pulled up.  He gave him a great hug and even a kiss...so sweet.  I love seeing him so happy but at the same time reminds me of how sad he must be right now not being able to perform live.  I love to see how he truly thrives on the energy of the audience.  He must miss it terribly.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I really can't imagine. :( That's what he lives for. I hope Billie will be able to have such special and intimate interactions with fans like that again. Even after the pandemic is over and it's safe to be in large crowds again, I'm wondering if management will be overly cautious and discourage him from doing that just to keep him and the rest of the band extra safe. I hope that's not the case. I bet he'd bring people up regardless of what he's told, though. That's such a huge part of Green Day and their connection to fans. It would be so tragic for that to be lost.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

It's true he lives for the intimacy. Previously, in times where they were not on tour, he would take to social media to connect to the fans for that intimacy and now he doesn't even have that outlet.  I hope he's okay but I really miss him in this absence more than any of the other times.  For some reason the silence is deafening this time.  

• Like 4

I feel you. It's like losing him. When he was on Instagram, even if he wasn't posting that frequently, there was at least that presence - knowing he was there. Of course he's still there even if we're not seeing him on social media, but not having that connection makes missing him so much more intense during the silence between Green Day projects. Especially during a pandemic where we can barely have the social connections with anyone that we used to. Billie doesn't owe any of us anything and if he doesn't want to be on social media anymore (or at least for a good long while) that's his choice and I completely respect it. That doesn't mean I don't miss him terribly and think about how he's doing, though.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

Gosh darn is this a fun performance!  

Billie Joe looks so freaking happy.   

Fun fact you can see me in the crowd shot. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just found these interviews where they took questions from GDC back in 2009. Also a great look into their songwriting process that might shed some light on the new song discussion.

On an unrelated note, this is a killer performance where Billie has the sound of an angel and the looks of a sex demon. :)

Is the book not about boys who started getting into music about 12/13?  I saw an interview with them ages ago and that’s what they talked about then; Billie wouldn’t fall into that category.  If it’s more general then yes, totally agree.  Dave once said he found his mum partying with GD so she knows them for sure.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jengd said:

Is the book not about boys who started getting into music about 12/13? 

Not really. She and other mom's tell their story of what was like raising those kids who were always interested in music. How some of them would take their underaged kids to shows, etc.

She interviews the mothers of Amy Winehouse, Michael Stipe, Tom Morello, Miranda Lambert, Kelly Clarkson, Dr. Dre, Adam Levine, Geddy Lee, Pharrell Williams and some other artists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karol Oliveira said:

Not really. She and other mom's tell their story of what was like raising those kids who were always interested in music. How some of them would take their underaged kids to shows, etc.

She interviews the mothers of Amy Winehouse, Michael Stipe, Tom Morello, Miranda Lambert, Kelly Clarkson, Dr. Dre, Adam Levine, Geddy Lee, Pharrell Williams and some other artists.

This sounds like a second book, though of course the interview I saw could have been pretty bad and missed half the point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I realized my boyfriend has been with me for the last few Green Day events:

NFL Honors Performance
HCTS Premiere
The Network on Fallon (not that it's Green Day)

I'm not sure what it means, but I'm choosing to believe it's a good omen. And he said he liked The Network's performance. Clearly, he's a keeper. 

Looks like he’s turning into a gd fan... I wonder whose influence it could be :ga:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

We don’t have a Horrible Green Day Realizations thread but anyway, I just learned what Tune In Tokyo means.

You made me look it up, well who knew!  Bad boys 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

You made me look it up, well who knew!  Bad boys 😂

Right?! It didn’t sound suspicious at all! :lol:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Right?! It didn’t sound suspicious at all! :lol:

😂 Hey, just be grateful that Bowling Bowling Bowling Parking Parking is just the name of an entertainment complex in Japan 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

😂 Hey, just be grateful that Bowling Bowling Bowling Parking Parking is just the name of an entertainment complex in Japan 😂😂😂

Did you check? 😂😂

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

:lol: That sounded strange enough that I actually looked it up in case there’s an innuendo 

• Haha 2

I watched ¡Cuatro! today and I feel happy about it. Such a great documentary from one of the most exciting eras they've had. Hopefully one day they will release unreleased songs and other B-sides that didn't make the cut (assuming Billie Joe really had 65 songs).

Only thing I heavily dislike about ¡Cuatro! is that they added 2 different Wow! That's Loud perfomances (Tiki Bar and Red 7) but not a single second of its solo. Considering they never perfomed the song after those secret shows ( :( ), I'd love to see some solo footage. Oh well.

• Like 4

• Liam unpinned this topic