Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

There's a thing I just saw on Instagram of The Network saying cumming soon. Is this old?

what thing is it ? post it !

It's funny, at Brixton when they played Chump the crowd around me was fairly quiet then everyone fully screamed "magic man, egocentric plastic man" then went back to being quiet again. Amazing moment.

What, no one knew the rest of the lyrics?

I think they did, but everyone around me just went nuts for that particular line.

• Like 1

I don't know the words to most of Dookie. :lol:

DIRTY ROTTEN BASTARDS IDEAS

The first time I listened to "Dirty Rotten Bastards" I instantly noticed it was pretty made up of all different songs, and very noticeably. I feel like there's an awesome story behind it all but I can't find anything on it. I know I'm not crazy. The intro sounds like Bizet's Carmen, Next comes the Marines Hymn. Bad Reputation by Joan Jett is in there, Everything just sounds familiar, the ending sounds a bit like Norwegian Wood, but could just be because it's in a compound meter. I'd really like to know what went on with writing it :) It's awesome.

There's a thing I just saw on Instagram of The Network saying cumming soon. Is this old?

This is the Network thing... Hmmm http://instagram.com/p/rW0gbdKqkM/

Yeah it's old. They used to have a cool and funny website but then years ago (definitely by 2007/8 if not earlier) it was replaced by that page. Just tried visiting it and it's still there :lol:, by this point I doubt anything is "cumming":

http://thenetworkband.com/

At one point someone worked out a way to view the old pages of the site, possibly by typing the urls of the specific different sections (which they either already knew or worked out). I think that's how I saw it. No idea if that's still possible though.

• Like 1

At one point someone worked out a way to view the old pages of the site, possibly by typing the urls of the specific different sections (which they either already knew or worked out). I think that's how I saw it. No idea if that's still possible though.

Yeah, on the English Wikipedia page of the band there's a link to visit the full website.

• Like 1

Yeah, on the English Wikipedia page of the band there's a link to visit the full website.

Fantastic, thanks! Gonna enjoy having a read of that again. Here's the direct link if anyone wants to see it

thenetworkband.com/theNetwork.swf

Dunno if anyone has seen this, you can only hear Mikes vocals at some points, pretty cool

• Like 1

Dunno if anyone has seen this, you can only hear Mikes vocals at some points, pretty cool

I actually think the cooler part is the fans actually singing Going to Pasalacqua a bit. Most of their early shows don't seem to have fans that sing a long much. Cool to see

• Like 1

I'm probably a bad fan if I admit that but I always thought American Idiot goes "All across the alien nation" instead of "all across the alienation. I'm a bit disappointed.

• Like 1

I'm probably a bad fan if I admit that but I always thought American Idiot goes "All across the alien nation" instead of "all across the alienation. I'm a bit disappointed.

If you knew all the things I misunderstood in Green Day songs :lol:

I thought it was "idiot nation," hence the fan club name.

• Like 1

If you knew all the things I misunderstood in Green Day songs :lol:

:lol: I wasn't disappointed with myself though. Alien nation just sounds so much cooler than alienation :P

I thought it was "idiot nation," hence the fan club name.

They had idiot in the fan club name long before American Idiot.

thank you you just taught me something about Green day o__o

• Like 1

Interesting.

I always thought this, until now haha

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic