Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I've always thought that Ted Cruz kind of looks like Tré, but never mentioned it...

On 10/4/2019 at 6:06 AM, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

To align with my new @UNICORN VOMIT inspired username, I decided to use as a cover image the aftermath of my profile pic 32.gif 

TcOJGdr_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f 

This made my day. Its brilliant but deeply disturbing at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Also "the butt of a generation" :lol:

He truly is a poet:wub:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Indeed...seriously though, it's admirable how down-to-earth he was. I don't know, the way he talked about being unsure about the future isn't something I'd expect from a guy who just went from living a punk lifestyle to being set up for life at only 22. Maybe it's because I haven't read/forgot about many interviews from back then, but it surprised me that Dookie era Billie who bragged about doing speed and literally swung his dick around was so humble :lol:

The bit where he talked about aging musicians also made me wonder about what would '94 Billie have to say about his contemporary self haha

That reminds me of that new interview where he said if he could meet his younger self he would tell him to stop being a wiseass but he knows he wouldn’t have listened 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it’s fascinating seeing these old interviews, it’s amazing how unpredictable life is and how you adapt to it! He seems pretty self-aware but he still must pinch himself at times, who would have predicted what he’d have done when he was 20.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jengd said:

I think it’s fascinating seeing these old interviews, it’s amazing how unpredictable life is and how you adapt to it! He seems pretty self-aware but he still must pinch himself at times, who would have predicted what he’d have done when he was 20.

I think of stuff like that all the time when I watch things like the videos from the 1991 UK tour playing bars and staying in someone’s house and think they have no idea that in three short years they’ll be playing Madison Square Garden.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think of stuff like that all the time when I watch things like the videos from the 1991 UK tour playing bars and staying in someone’s house and think they have no idea that in three short years they’ll be playing Madison Square Garden.

Life really is unpredictable. But with good effort come good things.

• Like 1

Here’s a random thought — I just remembered that in that season three episode of Superstore that was about planning a Green Day themed party for a toddler Amy described them as “the unicorns of the nineties” 🦄 Coincidence? 🤔😄

• Haha 2

My mum just told me she heard a question about Green Day on the quiz Tipping Point, it was which band did the song Wake Me Up When September Ends. But the best thing about it is they asked "Which punk pop band....". Don't think I've heard it as "punk pop" before :lol: 

• Haha 1

I'm watching Joker tomorrow in the theater (it's only out tomorrow here!) and fell on this video:

Seems pretty adequate!

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 7:00 PM, Beerjeezus said:

The bit where he talked about aging musicians also made me wonder about what would '94 Billie have to say about his contemporary self haha

I know! I laughed a wee bit at that line as well :D 

I was doing my math homework, and one of the problems was 5.647 - (-9.24). What GD importance does this carry? 5.647 - (-9.24). 924 Gilman Street folks! 

Also on Friday, I had health in portable 924.

(I had a mental breakdown)

• Like 1

So BOBD fitted the first part of Joker and FOAM fits the second one. It was awesome. Yellow vests Joker and I don't even like the yellow vests, but :wub:

Jees, that was a chart - Green Day, Lady Gaga, The Prodigy, Beyoncé, Bob Dylan and Jim Reeves all on one chart!! Changed days.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Jees, that was a chart - Green Day, Lady Gaga, The Prodigy, Beyoncé, Bob Dylan and Jim Reeves all on one chart!! Changed days.

I want a time machine right now 😑

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm listening to Shenanigans right now, and it flows like a regular album rather than a compilation. Way better than the usual b-sides album, and maybe one of my favorite GD releases now that I'm thinking about it.

• Like 3

• Liam unpinned this topic