Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

1 hour ago, Private Snowball (Blayr) said:

I finally realized why 21st Century Breakdown is my favorite Green Day album. It's not only filled with relatable lyrics, it's got the best music of all GD's albums. ♥️

I need to give it a full one-row listen again :happy: (but it's not my personal best, although one of the best. There are songs i'm crazy about on there but overall too depressive for my neurotic ass)

• Love 1

It's really exciting to see all the GD activity, but I'm also overwhelmed. It felt like we went from rumors and leaks to HOLY SHIT THEY'RE ANNOUNCING SOMETHING super fast!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This will take a long time so remind me: if Green Day leave Warner I will eat my Nimrod whole without blending.

original-1230308-2.jpg

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2019 at 10:52 AM, Beerjeezus said:

That is an absolutely normal way to feel about Trilogy.

Ugh haha or not really. :P I mean, it's not exactly sexy. He sounds like a guy who thinks he's irresistible to young women but in fact he isn't at all. That's what Makeout Party sounds like to me and Fuck Time is more of a jokey song and I don't even know what to say about Nightlife except that it's a meme. Is that an unpopular opinion? Sex on Dos is generally very unsexy.

Aaand while I'm at it, another opinion: as long as sex is concerned, Billie was being really gross at that time. I remember one interview where he talked about Fuck Time and he was like lmao marital rape is fun and although I'm not accusing him of anything and I'm not really judging him for it because it seems he was talking lots of bs at that time, it was disgusting and he better watch his mouth. Definitely not something I'd say is a norm that you're supposed to grow to like.

Yeah, I did research into this when I was getting more into the band and that's one big item about Billie that almost turned me off the band. I get that he was (I hope) saying it in kind of a joking way. But, still, with being so influential for young people he shouldn't have gone so dirty. "Fuck Time" is a really cringy song for me. As well as "Troublemaker" and "Nightlife." it was kind of unnecessary for Dos to be so overtly sexual. So being 11 and being exposed to that would suck :lol:

On 9/5/2019 at 3:21 PM, Hermione said:

It really is their most musically ambitious album I think, probably the most complex and artistic lyrics too. Beautiful, diverse and epic!

Wholeheartedly agree! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kaylubd said:

It's really exciting to see all the GD activity, but I'm also overwhelmed. It felt like we went from rumors and leaks to HOLY SHIT THEY'RE ANNOUNCING SOMETHING super fast!

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm super overwhelmed as well. That's why I generally stay out of the "New Album Anticipation Thread". It's too much and it's too fast. I can't keep up! I'll be off the forum for only a single day and there will be like 10 new pages to catch up on. I don't have time for that! 😩

• Like 3

Just now, Green Day In Seattle said:

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm super overwhelmed as well. That's why I generally stay out of the "New Album Anticipation Thread". It's too much and it's too fast. I can't keep up! I'll be off the forum and there will be like 10 new pages to catch up on. I don't have time for that! 😩

Same! Usually I catch up with the last 3 pages just to see what people are talking about. I'm usually still confused though lol.

• Like 3

I'm curious as to what other fans of GD thought about RevRad overall.  As someone who loves their concept albums the most (alongside Dookie) I was kind of let down by RevRad.  It played it too safe most of the time, and still had lingering songs that felt like they'd fit on the trilogy.  I'd say the songs I really like off RevRad are: Bang Bang, Somewhere Now, Forever now, Outlaws and Still Breathing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I actually love RevRad. It's just a fun album. Yeah there are some less than stellar songs, but even then I didn't think a single one of them was bad. I guess I really don't get what people mean by they played it safe there. Yeah, there are moments that remind me of other GD albums, but I actually don't mind that. I like that there's a mix of slow, more reflective songs like Somewhere Now and let's rock out songs like Bouncing Off the Wall. It just sounds like they had a great fucking time making it and that's part of what makes it so much fun to listen to. 

I think it's a very decent album and certainly better than the trilogy, but I wouldn't rate it higher than say Nimrod in my mind.  (I will say part of that bias can be I've listened to their older records more.)  By "played it safe" some songs like Bouncing Off The Wall, Young Blood, Too Dumb To Die and Say Goodbye sound a bit more generic instrument and lyric wise to me.  More akin to Foxboro or The Trilogy.  I think it's awesome they came back together and did something they enjoyed for sure. I just personally wanted a more concept album sound. 

I don't get either the "safe" part - I mean, it's as new and refreshing as any other album before that. There was nothing like Bang Bang, Revolution Radio (song), Still Breathing and Forever Now before, (I chose to mention 4 songs they played at each show), these songs each had their own identity and depth and they were strong ones. Still Breathing, safe? man. Bang Bang? safe or not is not the question, it was just so awesome live! (and I even preferred RevRad live for my part, Billie's vocals were just excellent)

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

Weezer's new single is kicking Green Day's ass.

What’s weird is while I like Weezer’s single, it’s catchy and all, I find I’m already getting bored of it after a half dozen listens. Father Of All otoh is a grower, the more I hear it the more it gets stuck in my brain and the more I like it.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 9/9/2019 at 6:10 PM, Beerjeezus said:

This will take a long time so remind me: if Green Day leave Warner I will eat my Nimrod whole without blending.

Eat that nimrod 

5 hours ago, Verycool99 said:

Eat that nimrod 

Is not liking Nimrod a website/ fan specific meme? I actually really enjoy that album, there's certainly worse.  It's better than the trilogy, shenanigans, 1039, warning, (dare I even say Insomniac?) 

2 hours ago, Pansyhunter said:

Is not liking Nimrod a website/ fan specific meme? I actually really enjoy that album, there's certainly worse.  It's better than the trilogy, shenanigans, 1039, warning, (dare I even say Insomniac?) 

We love Nimrod! It's just a running joke that we say "I'll blend my Nimrod if this is true" at things that are being speculated about :P

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So Spotify has a new thing called Family Mix that will make a playlist of all the music your family listens to.  Great for family car trips.  It makes a chill playlist and an upbeat playlist. For some mysterious reason, it chose to put F.O.D. in our chill playlist 😂😂😂 

Aw, what a nice chill song... Fuck Off and Die! 

And great for the children 😂😂😂

• Liam unpinned this topic