Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

1:04 ''Sometimes I wish someone out there will f**k me''

Bullet In A Bible anyone? 😆

This guy seems to really enjoy doing these of Green Day, he's done 4 already now!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

sorry if the discussion about drugs makes you uncomfortable, but this was seriously just a sincere question about something that has happened, not a baseless debate on whether or not they might have taken them. They took drugs got high all the time in their youth, that's a proven fact, and I was just curious about what exactly they have experience with :) 

They've mentioned taking all the things you've said but not heroin. Also I think they've indicated they were never heavy users of cocaine although they've used it, can't think what interviews but I'm sure I can remember something to that effect being said. From what Billie says it seems to be they experimented a lot with drugs when they were younger (particularly weed of course, and speed) but by Nimrod times they'd mostly switched from that to alcohol (hence the beer belly :P)

I'm still not sure what they're talking about when they say speed/meth though. Like in Europe speed means amphetamine pills or powder and meth means smoking crystal methamphetamine (much worse) but in the US it seems either term can mean either thing. Idk if they ever actually smoked meth or if when they say "meth" or "speed" they just mean pills/powder, I tend to think it's probably the latter. I'm always wondering what Geek Stink Breath is referring to exactly :P

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

I'm still not sure what they're talking about when they say speed/meth though. Like in Europe speed means amphetamine pills or powder and meth means smoking crystal methamphetamine (much worse) but in the US it seems either term can mean either thing. Idk if they ever actually smoked meth or if when they say "meth" or "speed" they just mean pills/powder, I tend to think it's probably the latter. I'm always wondering what Geek Stink Breath is referring to exactly :P

Well they do say "blowing off steam with methamphetamine" and I watched all seasons of Breaking Bad three times, the meth that us Europeans are referring to is the same thing Americans mean :P They probably did both but meth possibly on a smaller scale? I don't think they would say they did speed one time and meth another if they didn't differentiate between those two. Also I found this picture on his instagram, I thought it was more recent but apparently it's 5 years old now oops: 

Still not an expert on drugs but isn't that a meth pipe he's holding in his hand? Or is that something you can smoke weed with too? He was still in high school in 1989, Jesus Christ Billie :lol: 

13 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

1:04 ''Sometimes I wish someone out there will f**k me''

Bullet In A Bible anyone? 😆

This guy seems to really enjoy doing these of Green Day, he's done 4 already now!

omg this is me when i hysterically sing along at concerts lmao this person is a genius

3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Well they do say "blowing off steam with methamphetamine" and I watched all seasons of Breaking Bad three times, the meth that us Europeans are referring to is the same thing Americans mean :P They probably did both but meth possibly on a smaller scale? I don't think they would say they did speed one time and meth another if they didn't differentiate between those two. Also I found this picture on his instagram, I thought it was more recent but apparently it's 5 years old now oops: 

Still not an expert on drugs but isn't that a meth pipe he's holding in his hand? Or is that something you can smoke weed with too? He was still in high school in 1989, Jesus Christ Billie :lol: 

omg this is me when i hysterically sing along at concerts lmao this person is a genius

It's normal for young people to experiment with different recreational drugs like weed and LAS. My friends did in high school in college.

6 minutes ago, BUBBYBUB said:

It's normal for young people to experiment with different recreational drugs like weed and LAS. My friends did in high school in college.

Yeah I know they smoked weed probably as soon as they came out of their mothers' wombs but what I meant was... if this is a meth pipe and this photo was taken in 1989 that means that Billie smoked crystal meth in his junior or senior year in high school when he was... 16 or 17 years old :lol: 

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No it’s not, it’s a bowl (pipe) for weed. Everyone had one of those back in the day (I did 🙂) especially if you sucked at rolling and didn’t have a bong.

that's actually a relief, thanks for the info :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So I didn't know who Captain Aquafresh was...I'm not sure if it's just a Europe thing or if I've missed ads here....but I looked him up and wow.....that is totally Tre Cool! That's so weird!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billie Hoe said:

Yeah but there's different forms of methamphetamine too. It's only "crystal meth" that's smoked. Here when someone says "meth" they mean "crystal meth" (anything else they'd say speed) but I think there's other slightly less serious forms of methamphetamine taken in other ways that are also referred to as "meth" in the US. And also Green Day seem to use the words meth and speed interchangeably when talking about the song or the drug(s). I'm not enough of a drug expert to work out exactly what they're referring to :lol:

6 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

So I didn't know who Captain Aquafresh was...I'm not sure if it's just a Europe thing or if I've missed ads here....but I looked him up and wow.....that is totally Tre Cool! That's so weird!

I actually only knew his name from googling a picture, I've just seen him on Aquafresh TV ads here. They've been on for a few years so maybe they just didn't use the same ads there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kaylubd said:

It’s hilarious. Someone really needs to send that to him. I want to see red, white and blue hair for the next tour 😄

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah but there's different forms of methamphetamine too. It's only "crystal meth" that's smoked. Here when someone says "meth" they mean "crystal meth" (anything else they'd say speed) but I think there's other slightly less serious forms of methamphetamine taken in other ways that are also referred to as "meth" in the US. And also Green Day seem to use the words meth and speed interchangeably when talking about the song or the drug(s). I'm not enough of a drug expert to work out exactly what they're referring to :lol:

I know in Ashley he sings ‘We used to call it speed, but now it’s crystal meth’ so crystal meth and speed might be interchangeable, idk.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, E X H A U S T E D said:

I know in Ashley he sings ‘We used to call it speed, but now it’s crystal meth’ so crystal meth and speed might be interchangeable, idk.

that could also mean that they switched from taking speed to taking something harder like crystal meth

55 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I actually only knew his name from googling a picture, I've just seen him on Aquafresh TV ads here. They've been on for a few years so maybe they just didn't use the same ads there.

You know...I don't even know if they show ads for Aquafresh at all! It's probably on daytime TV and I haven't noticed :lol:

47 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

that could also mean that they switched from taking speed to taking something harder like crystal meth

I think because he said 'we used to call it speed' not use, he was referring to the name. But honestly, the only drugs I've ever come in contact with are crack and weed, so I'm no expert. 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No it’s not, it’s a bowl (pipe) for weed. Everyone had one of those back in the day (I did 🙂) especially if you sucked at rolling and didn’t have a bong. More portable too.

I happen to have a couple of these pipes at home (they belonged to a great grandad or someone haha) but I'm not sure how to use them...closest I got was an apple pipe. :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I happen to have a couple of these pipes at home (they belonged to a great grandad or someone haha) but I'm not sure how to use them...closest I got was an apple pipe. :unsure:

It’s funny how drug culture changes with the generations. Bowls were so common in the seventies and eighties, yet my millennial daughter didn’t know what it was either when I explained it to her. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s funny how drug culture changes with the generations. Bowls were so common in the seventies and eighties, yet my millennial daughter didn’t know what it was either when I explained it to her. 

Yes, it's interesting to see the differences. I never met anyone who'd smoke pipes maybe except for one guy who's a collector. Bowls do seem practical though - I gotta try it out :lol:

On 7/30/2018 at 10:20 AM, kaylubd said:

Well gosh, I thought Johnny Bravo was based on Tre until I saw this duscussion.  Never heard of Captain Aquafresh til now! 😂😂

Edited by jengd
Correction
  • Haha 1

Was listening to Awesome as **** earlier and thought I had deleted BOBD by accident . Then remembered it's not  actually on the album 😂.

14 hours ago, MagicGraGraDaFan39 said:

We were watching finding dory in spanish class once and in one scene they drove by gilman street and apparently it was put in there because gilman street is near pixar studios but all I could think about was green day

There are road signs to Gilman Street and Ashby Avenue too, we had this discussion on the Green Day References thread a couple of months ago, loved the film but this just made it better!

• Liam unpinned this topic