Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

So are we listing all the times Billie sounds good now...? *rolls up sleeves*

Just been to see "It" and spent more time appreciating the late 80s outcast teenager aesthetic and picturing our young punk friends living in that era, than being scared :ninja::wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, SHART said:

I guess you think drama queen is as well:happy:

No, the bleeding in Drama Queen is a metaphor, on the contrary Red Tide is a metaphor for a period. :happy:

Just now, -Billiejoezee- said:

I like drama queen lmao 

Me too, it's so much fun to play 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Just been to see "It" and spent more time appreciating the late 80s outcast teenager aesthetic and picturing our young punk friends living in that era, than being scared :ninja::wub:

I spent most of my time trying not to disrupt the theater by bursting out into fits of laughter at every "spooky" scene. That film was an embarrassment to horror movies.

• Haha 1

Billie sure makes periods fun 

Just now, -Puke-Stains- said:

I spent most of my time trying not to disrupt the theater by bursting out into fits of laughter at every "spooky" scene. That film was an embarrassment to horror movies.

One of my best friends said this exact same thing about it smh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, -Puke-Stains- said:

Yeah, don't think it's the worst I've seen (not gonna lie I get visuals stuck in my head easily :lol: ) but not nearly as scary as I feared. I actually thought if they'd just removed the horror elements of the plot it would've worked better simply as a sort of coming of age drama/comedy. So that made it overall enjoyable to me at least.

IT is not scary but I really enjoyed the film. I was happy it wasn't all jumpscares which is what I was afraid of. Bill Skarsgard did a pretty good job though I wasn't fully happy with the design of pennywise. I thought the film was fun and and all the kids were great. The music? Too on the nose. The 80s songs felt like they were there to remind you this was happening in the 80s. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SHART said:

Where have you been hiding:lol:

Took a well deserved break from this hell of a site but decided to come back cause I missed talking about green day :happy:(and making jokes :lol:)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stories and songs said:

This reminds me of one of the saddest but most beautiful quotes: "You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place. Like you'll not only miss the people you love, but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you'll never be this way ever again."

I totally get this - although for me it's kind of the opposite from what you and @Jenn. are describing. I'm feeling hugely appreciative of the Rev Rad era happening and the fandom entering my life exactly when they did because it's been an otherwise pretty shitty year in a number of ways. I don't even want to think about what it would've been like without the music, joy, passion and community that comes along with following them. Guess I'm one wave behind you in the cycle - although I don't plan to leave :wub: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, herewegoagain said:

I totally get this - although for me it's kind of the opposite from what you and @Jenn. are describing. I'm feeling hugely appreciative of the Rev Rad era happening and the fandom entering my life exactly when they did because it's been an otherwise pretty shitty year in a number of ways. I don't even want to think what it would've been like without the music, joy, passion and community that came along with following them. Guess I'm one wave behind you in the cycle - although I don't plan to leave :wub: 

I think the problem for me is that when things are shitty, I find myself less able to enjoy things that make me happy - but I do understand the escapism music and fandom bring. :wub: 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah but Billie still manages to make it sexy :lol:. To be fair other than the reference in the title it's really about PMS/the emotional effect of a period and not the blood :P. Plus guys not being silly and squeamish about periods = :thumbsup:

Oh what about the whole "Oh bless me lord for I have sinned..." part of East Jesus Nowhere? :wub: 

Yeah, I know. I don't have a problem with it at all, I like Red Tide and I agree it's pretty cool coming from a guy. :P

Yes! And "protest me, second guess me..." is just as good 

• Like 3

Listened to Shenanigans for the first time in ages. It's not my favourite GD album of course, but it still has some great songs!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic